• Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

7153 Jango Fett's Slave 1 Review

Parts: 358

Figs: 2

Price: £20.00 (I got it on offer I think the RRP was £40)

The only set to include Jango Fett and young Boba. Also the decals on Jango are from Fine Clonier. (I'm trying to say they don't came with the set)

1. Manual

Worn manual.

dscn1988.jpg

Random page.

dscn1989.jpg

Another random page. Looking at this page you can that this set has numbered bags.

dscn1992.jpg

Back cover. Look how old Yodas computer looks :tongue: .

dscn1991.jpg

2. General set and Minifigs

The sets contents.

dscn1993.jpg

Jango With his hair on.

dscn1994.jpg

Jango with helmet on with front view of face.

dscn1999.jpg

Twist Jango's head to initiate super bounty hunter mode. :laugh:

dscn1997.jpg

Jango's doubled sided head.

dscn2000.jpg

Boba. Nothing to special although I think the torso and head are exclusive to the set.

dscn2001.jpg

3. The Ship

Not really scaled up right as you can see.

dscn2002.jpg

The guns can rotate.

dscn2003.jpg

The central sections interior.

dscn2004.jpg

Not sure what this is. Is it a hyperdrive or a bomb or something?

dscn2006.jpg

There are these side panels on both sides.

dscn2008.jpg

Behind the panels.

dscn2012.jpg

A secret compartment.

dscn2013.jpg

Trans orange minifig heads in the compartment. I think they're supposed to be saturnic charges.

dscn2014.jpg

Side storage compartment.

dscn2016.jpg

The back of the ship.

dscn2017.jpg

How those trans orange minifig heads fallout.

dscn2019.jpg

There is a magnet on the inside of the ship. But for what...

dscn2020.jpg

The secret prison which also has a magnet on the top so it can stay on but easily come out.

dscn2021.jpg

The doors on it can lift up to put prisoners inside.

dscn2024.jpg

1 of 2 identical wing things.

dscn2025.jpg

They can fold for flight mode.

dscn2026.jpg

The controls.

dscn2027.jpg

Bottom jet thing.

dscn2028.jpg

LET ME OUT OF HERE! The prison is great for capturing small children. :wink:

dscn2071.jpg

4. Overall

Build: 7/10 Impossible to build without a hard stable surface.

Minifigs: 10/10 2 Exclusive figs.

Design: 7/10 Nowhere near to scale but has some nice features.

Parts: 8/10 Good parts like that big cockpit canopy.

Price: 9/10 For the price I got it was pretty good especially with the figs it comes with.

Playability: 7/10 Lots of features but it would be better if it came with a JSF.

Overall: 9/10 Lots of features and comes with exclusive minifigs.

Edited by KimT
indexed

Thanks again Skipper for producing yet another review to go into the index.

I like this Slave1, but sadly I must admit that I like the really old version better. Boba Fett's Slave1 that is, even though is grossly undersized I think it's better than this one belonging to his father Jango.

KimT

I have all three of the Slave I ships, and I agree with KimT...although it is a very small, compact ship, the first Slave I (Boba Fett) is still the sturdiest. The newest Slave I (Boba Fett) is not bad, and is of much better construction than this Slave I from Jango Fett. Even though I like the size and scale of the Jango Slave I and the newest Boba Fett Slave I...when you pick that very first one up, it had the feeling of....."You can throw me against the wall, drop me off the roof of your house, or let 4 two year olds play with me...I'M NOT GONNA BREAK!" At least thats's my opinion.

Good review

I have all three of the Slave I ships, and I agree with KimT...although it is a very small, compact ship, the first Slave I (Boba Fett) is still the sturdiest. The newest Slave I (Boba Fett) is not bad, and is of much better construction than this Slave I from Jango Fett. Even though I like the size and scale of the Jango Slave I and the newest Boba Fett Slave I...when you pick that very first one up, it had the feeling of....."You can throw me against the wall, drop me off the roof of your house, or let 4 two year olds play with me...I'M NOT GONNA BREAK!" At least thats's my opinion.

Good review

That's the exact explaination I was looking for. The old one feels...well...it's just special.

KimT

I never got the original Boba fett's slave 1. I wish they would make one to scale with the minifigures. I would be so cool. I am also putting up a review of the Clone Turbo Tank probably tomorrow. It is a different variation to the one in the index.

Edited by Skipper 24

Personally, I hated that set. I fell apart way to easily and was just not built well.

Thanks for the review. It looks like an interesting set, even if not as good as Boba's.

I never got the original Boba fett's slave 1. I wish they would make one to scale with the minifigures. I would be so cool.

You mean it would be so cool? :tongue: I agree that it would be, if they made a large minifig scale version like with the UCS Millenium Falcon. I would probably try to buy that. :thumbup:

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Very good review! :thumbup: There's only one thing you did wrong:

The controls.

dscn2027.jpg

I got this set for a very low price as well, and for that, it's a very nice parts pack with 2 neat, exclusive figs! :thumbup:

Nice Review! I will say i like the latest Slave I the best as it is longer than Jango's. I haven't seen the first one so i cant really comment.

That was indeed a set that never appealed to me. Its build was just plain wrong and awful. I only bought it because I found it on clearance at around 15€ (and they had 4 of them. If I had known better then, I'd have bought all 4; Seeing how much that Jango Fett minifig is worth now... :cry_sad: )

But I ended up heavily modifying it in its propoions and now it looks ok next to the new Slave One (which is the best one of its 3 incarnations, I think)

I got the Original JSF for Christmas, which I might buy and review. Wonderful set, the Obi in this one is really awesome and it's really just a great ship, sticker free. Probably my favourite, I'd fly it if any ship from Star Wars. Maybe I should get it and the Slave I from Episode II... after all, I like Jango despite having a crap story.

Okay I have fixed that pic (thanks Oky wan). I have modified this but then yesterday I built it back to its original state to review it.

you added some decals to the Jango figure, right ?

They seem to be suffering a little.

I remember buying this set from the discount tent after my first visit to Legoland Windsor. I wasn't sure whether to buy it, even in their sale ... but I was glad I did once I'd built it :)

I really want one of these, if only it wasn't expensive. I probably won't buy it because it'd be scraped for parts too quick. Great review though.

Good review. I always wanted to know how it was different to the Boba Fett Slave I. I would probably only get this though for Jango Fett. The newer one looks sturdier and proportioned better IMO. :classic: