WesternOutlaw

REVIEW: Awesome Quad Face-Off

Which Quad do you like better?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Minus the Dinosaur, vote for your favorite

• 7042 World City Beach Patrol
    • 7473 Dino Attack Street Sprinter

00-7042-7473.jpg

In this exciting Image Review Face-Off, the resilient World City Dune Patrol (7042) meets the menacing Dino Attack Sprinter (7473) for a challenge to see which Lego Quad is most favored by Eurobrick members.

Inspired by White Fang and our famous news crews' Interview Review of Coast Guard Quad Bike 7736, this review is a challenge between two other fantastic 4-wheelers. Vote for your favorite quad (leaving the Dino Attack dinosaur in the dust).

Some images of the boxes of both sets:

01-box1.jpg Beach Patrol

35 Pieces - Released 2004 - $4 (USD)

02-box2.jpg Dino Sprinter

42 Pieces - Released 2005 - $4 (USD)

The Dune Patrol has a "Classic Town" look with it's bright yellow pieces and "beach'n" orange fig.

03-1.jpg

A stark contrast to the darker crimson and tan Dino Sprinter with Post Apoc-style fig:

04-2.jpg

The Dino Sprinter quickly takes the aggresive lead:

05-chase1.jpg

But wait, the sand-covered Beach Patrol is able to get in front of the Dino Sprinter, but "Digger" has something that may even the score:

06-chase2.jpg

It worked! But the Dino Sprinter is first to see a small "blip" with his blue-radar gun. It's a dinosaur in World City! :cry_sad: The Dino Sprinter jumps ahead:

07-chase3.jpg

OUCH! :oh3: There's a BUDP in the road - Big Ugly Dinosaur Piece. Both quads and LUDP - Little Ugly Dinosaur Piece escape quickly!

08-chase3.jpg

You decide which Quad Set is the better of the two.

Here's a shot of Digger and the Dune Patrol Driver:

09figs.jpg

And their two great quads:

10-veh.jpg

Hope you vote for your favorite Quad and enjoy this review.

WARNING! Beware of Mutant Lizard Dinosaurs, both BIG and SMALL.

Brickster, that is a very funny illustration about that wacky race. I was like laughing away at my computer right now. :laugh:

It's a hard choice for me to decide. Both quad bikes are really very nice since I don't own any of them. Taking into consideration of what I can do with these vehicles. The Dune patrol is an excellent addition to support the Coast Guards. While the Sprinter could be used as a recce jeep for military operation. Both sets really have their plus points.

After some serious thought, I will go for the Sprinter as it featured a sub millitary platoon that can be used to do conventional operations. Furthermore, I don't have such vehicle types in my Town. My existing Coast Guard quad bike is in my collection now and I am not sure if it will be able to compliment with it. Therefore, this is where I cast my vote. :wink:

Brickster, that is a very funny illustration about that wacky race. I was like laughing away at my computer right now. :laugh:

That's great! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :laugh:

I went with the classic look of the Beach Patrol, although I like the Dino Attack fig better. The Beach Cruiser reminds me of something out of the Divers theme, esp. with the diving equipment.

Both are great little sets though.

Great idea!

The Quad is good, the Sprinter is better. Why? First of all, the Quad doesn't work with the other Coast Guard/World City sets. While the main base (which I got and actually enjoyed very much) was grey, this quad is bley. I tried and it just doesn't look good. Secondly, considering that Dino Attack is a sort of overrated theme despite having big-megablocks dinosaurs romping around and killing things... and Coast Guard is a sort of underrated theme despite being stuck in LEGO's lamest year... well problems with Dino Attack aside, Dinosaurs win over Life Jackets.

So I'm in for the Sprinter.

That was an interesting duo review, I liked it. I voted for the Dune Patrol ATV, because it looks altogether the better built, more compact one, although that LUDP looks pretty cool! :sweet:

Hmm. A tougie. I really like the World City one, yet the Dino one is a better deal. I'll vote for the Dino, because I (regretably) don't even have the World City one...

The Coast Guard quad, because I live in the Netherlands, and we don't have the 'dino attack theme', we have dino 2010, which have a diffrent quad.

So I would like to chose the Dino Attack one, but as I don't one him, Goast Guard. though.

But I also don't have the coast guard one, but I like him, but I also don't have the coast quard one as well. :tongue:

Greets The-Force!

Edited by THE-FORCE

:laugh:, that was a weird race!

Anyway, I love the look of both sets, but i'll have to go for the Dino Attack Quad for a couple of reasons: It is post-apoc, which I love, features tan and dark red colours which are far more useful than yellow, you get more "bang for your buck" with the Dino set, you get a little dino (sure you can hate it but better than not having one right?), and the fig has much more useful pieces and a better face.

Thanks for the face off TheBrickster!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

It's definately the Street Sprinter for me! There are many reasons for that, most of which have been mentioned by others already:

• I hate yellow, it's the most useless color, but I love tan and dark red.
  • It's bigger and more detailed than the Coast guard one. Plus, I think there is a hinge in the back of it, so there is apparently some more playability to it as well.
  • I love the post-apoc style fig! It's detailed and simply looks cool! Also, while the Digger fig has quite an individual look to it, the Coast Guard driver has the generic hero head and Coast Guard uniform.
  • It's an overal better deal, especially if you count the LUDP which gives the set a whole lot more playability, no matter how U the LDP may be.

Tan & post-apoc figs ON!

that was an intresting race :tongue:

And i was split between the two until i saw whitefang`s reply and the fact you can use the sprinter as a militery thing(which you could do for both but sprinter just pulls it off better) and i like the radar on the back of it so i`ll have to go with the street sprinter. thanks for the nice topic brickster

I've got to go with the town one, since you have to stand on the dino one.

Steve

I vote for the Dino quadbike, definately!

I wish I had that :cry_sad: but I'll have to make do with the much less violent European Version (Dino '2010' not 'ATTACK')

Here's a comaprison...

European Version:

7294-1.jpg

USA etc. version:

7473-1.jpg

There's a subtle difference, but I prefer the US one :thumbup::laugh:

As for the Coast Guard Quad, I think it's OK but not as good as the new one.

I like the Coast Guard one, but Dinos eat Coast Guard people, so Dinos ftw. And I think the dino bike would fit in with my collection pretty well.

i like the dino thingy because of the pieces and the dino is a lot of fun on its own (i know, thats akward)...

I wish I had that :cry_sad: but I'll have to make do with the much less violent European Version (Dino '2010' not 'ATTACK')

Here's a comaprison...

European Version:

7294-1.jpg

USA etc. version:

7473-1.jpg

There's a subtle difference, but I prefer the US one

I did not know that Europe had a different quad (or at least one without the bazooka). Interesting that the gun was removed from the European sets, or added to the US sets. I sort of like the chain. :wink: I also notice a big difference in the boxart. Destroyed city to prehistoric volcano. I wonder if the story was different as well?

Thanks for sharing a good picture.

-----------------------------------------

Well, it does look like the Dino Quad has the upper hand; almost double the votes.

Dino Attack quad for me. No, this isn't because I own it and not the other one, but because I think just about everything is better in it - the design is better, the colors are cooler, and it has a better figure. I don't like the figure in the coast guard quad at all - but since it was from World City, I'm not suprised. :wink:

I also kinda like the dino, actually. :blush: It's flexible and fits in with the previous dinos a lot better than the cruddy bigger ones with bright red, yellow, and green highlights. :hmpf:

ooooooh! this is a very hard choice,i like this new coast guard theme but i LOVED! Dino Attack.The Dino Attack set has a weird looking gun,but IMO the Coast Guard set looks.........cleaner if you get what i mean.The little Dino/lizard thing is practically worthless (thats why i have a bin full of those little guys).I want to keep liking Dino Attack i just can't.So i know your like "just get to the point already!" so i guess i have to go with coast guard.

I did not know that Europe had a different quad (or at least one without the bazooka). Interesting that the gun was removed from the European sets, or added to the US sets. I sort of like the chain. :wink: I also notice a big difference in the boxart. Destroyed city to prehistoric volcano. I wonder if the story was different as well?

Thanks for sharing a good picture.

-----------------------------------------

Well, it does look like the Dino Quad has the upper hand; almost double the votes.

wow i would have so much wanted the european one more than the US one, i mean that bazooka or as they called it a "sonic screamer" looks very silly :laugh: