Sign in to follow this  
commanderbly42

Tri-droid

indexed.gif

Finally, pictures of my finished Tri-Droid! It's still assembled so you can criticize till your hearts content. :tongue:

2716868685_e2aacdc8a8.jpg

Tri-droids were huge spider-like behemoths, used by the CIS on worlds such as Mygeeto and Christophsis. They each had three missile launchers, powerful enough to take out armoured republic transports and walkers, such as UT-AT.

Overall, it's 30 studs tall, making it taller than 7662 MTT and 4481 Hailfire Droid:

2717683472_69675a4c10.jpg

Picture of Tri-droid compared to a clone:

Tri-droid-CHRON.jpg

2717683726_97144c68a6.jpg

2716868945_9fd52ba3d4.jpg

I think this is my best MOC yet and it's my only MOC based on a vehicle from a movie. Hope you like it! :classic:

Awesome! I don't remember seeing this vehicle in the movies, but it looks very accurate to the picture (besides the color). The size is good too, enough to maybe be a real set. My only criticism is that the inner legs should have more of an angle from the outer legs, like the reference pic. :classic:

I like it, it looks really good. My only problem is the "head" is too small, maybe use the spider droids head.

@ Jim: Its in episode 3, Its during Ki-adi-mundi's death scene.

Edited by simonjedi

I like it, it looks really good. My only problem is the "head" is too small, maybe use the spider droids head.

@ Jim: Its in episode 3, Its during Ki-adi-mundi's death scene.

I agree. This moc looks really good. Same as simonjedi I think the head is a little to small, but other than that its really good.

Nice Job! Besides the color, I think this rocks! I am going to make a super sized one myself, now that you reminded me. I remember that, how it blew that tank to a pancake.

And for the head issue, you may want to reclor this to tan and brown, and maybe pick up the two round parts from the Orident Expidetion Air ballon.

Edited by ~VBBN~

Thanks guys!

So make it brick built? I'll try that, I'll just have to look for parts.

And for the head issue, you may want to reclor this to tan and brown, and maybe pick up the two round parts from the Orident Expidetion Air ballon.[/b]

The two pieces from this set?

7415-1.jpg

That might work as a design but I'd have to go for the trans-blue ones. :thumbup:

It looks a lot like the real picture.However.The legs should be a bit longer and the head should be bigger.Besides that,good job!

It's pretty cool. it would be better if taller although it's already massive. Also it's much better than my attempt of making that. Your's looks very much like the one in the movie, is it basically just made of Droid Tri-fighter parts?

Indexed.

A neat design, though I must agree that the "head" looks a little off-sized to me.

KimT

Awesome Tri-droid commanderbly42 :thumbup: . I had try to build a Tri-droid but I donĀ“t have the correct pieces and I stop its build. I think your Tri-droid is great and looks really cool compared to the MTT and Hailfire droid. Nice job :thumbup: .