El Bucanero

Pirate MOC Indices Discussion

I'll add another yes voice! If possible could the list be broken up by size or type as 'land based is very comprehensive?

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

I'll add another yes voice! If possible could the list be broken up by size or type as 'land based is very comprehensive?

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

I have started the "Index: Land based MOCs".

My first step is to search each page on the pirate MOC forum and make a list. That's what I'm currently doing.

When this is finished, we already have a clear overview and can start discussing of the best way to break them up in groups.

Wow B!

You've been busy!!

Thanx dude for all the effort you've been putting into this forum.

The MOC indexes are great! *y*

Phred

Good job Bonaparte! Why is the skull in the index? And Mr Phes' raft? They're not really land based ere they?

Why is the skull in the index? And Mr Phes' raft? They're not really land based ere they?

You're right, the skull and raft are removed.

Step 1 (collecting the MOCs) is finished!

You make me think Mr Bonaparte... perhaps we need an index for other things like skulls, cannons, rafts etc...

What also brings me to this point: is the Mortar in the right place?

You make me think Mr Bonaparte... perhaps we need an index for other things like skulls, cannons, rafts etc...

What also brings me to this point: is the Mortar in the right place?

We could, but there are not so many "other things" left that are not already in this index!

We could, but there are not so many "other things" left that are not already in this index!

You're right.

But I'll do a search for other MOCs to confirm you're right...

I think you are right B.

Everything else pretty much has its own thread already.

Unless there is something i am missing. (Anyone?)

Phred

Great work! It is nice to see all those MOCs in such a convenient way!

God Bless,

Nathan

I have added a small tutorial to the Index: MOC ships.

Tutorial: How to find all the posts in the pirate MOC forum where a certain MOC is discussed or mentioned?

- Click on a thumbnail to go to the brickshelf gallery.

- Copy the numbers at the end of the URL of the brickshelf gallery.

- Click here to go to the search engine of eurobricks for the pirates MOC forum.

- Paste the numbers in the "Search by Keywords"-field and click on "Perform the search".

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

I have added the same tutorial like I did with the "Index: MOC ships" in this index.

Tutorial: How to find all the posts in the pirate MOC forum where a certain MOC is discussed or mentioned?

- Click here to go to the search engine of eurobricks for the pirates MOC forum.

- Paste the numbers in the "Search by Keywords"-field and click on "Perform the search".

Mr. Phes or Mr. Tiber, wouldn't it be best to rename this thread to "Index: land based MOCs - Discussion and Contributions" to make it consistent with the "Index: MOC Ships - Discussion and Contributions"?

Mr. Phes or Mr. Tiber, wouldn't it be best to rename this thread to "Index: land based MOCs - Discussion and Contributions" to make it consistent with the "Index: MOC Ships - Discussion and Contributions"?

You're right, I'll change it now. blink.gif

Like everybody else, I voted yes.

I'm not a pirate builder, but I do love to look at the pirate MOCs and an Index makes it easier to navigate.

I did a search and it appears you are right, but if we include vignettes, and dioramas... There are a bit more..

I did a search and it appears you are right, but if we include vignettes, and dioramas... There are a bit more..

Have I ever been wrong? ;-)

Are you suggesting we add vignettes, dioramas?

I started thinking on a way to catalogue the MOCs:

- islands

- fortress/harbor/strongholds/towers --> what would be a good name for this categorie?

- city/town (more specifically pirate cities and towns).

- cannons, anchors/small stuff --> same question...

- vignettes/dioramas --> we could add this in a separate section.

- ???

Have I ever been wrong? ;-)

Are you suggesting we add vignettes, dioramas?

I started thinking on a way to catalogue the MOCs:

- islands

- fortress/harbor/strongholds/towers --> what would be a good name for this categorie?

- city/town (more specifically pirate cities and towns).

- cannons, anchors/small stuff --> same question...

- vignettes/dioramas --> we could add this in a separate section.

- ???

- fortress/harbor/strongholds/towers --> we could call this Military buildings.

- cannons, anchors/small stuff --> we could call this Ship accesoires.

Are you saying, this will all be in a single thread?

- fortress/harbor/strongholds/towers --> we could call this Military buildings.

- cannons, anchors/small stuff --> we could call this Ship accesoires.

Sound good to me.

Are you saying, this will all be in a single thread?

That would be my suggestion. Too much different "index" threads doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

One for ships and another for all the rest (=land based MOCs) should cover all the MOCs in the pirate MOC forum.

Otherwise we will also have too much pinned threads which I find not a good idea.

That would be my suggestion. Too much different "index" threads doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

One for ships and another for all the rest (=land based MOCs) should cover all the MOCs in the pirate MOC forum.

Otherwise we will also have too much pinned threads which I find not a good idea.

Agreed. But we can always have MULTIPLE POSTS in a single thread with the different sub topics. So the Ship index could have the vignettes and ship accessories in new posts with some helpful text saying these are things such as 'Ship Accessories' and 'Vignettes'. Then obviously we could do the same thing for the Land based MOCS.

Another suggestion... though I think it will be a bit of work for boneparte... what if in both Indexes, we had the thumbnail links to the brickshelf folders AND a link to the discussion thread here on EB if there is one? This would help if people wanted to talk about a ship or MOC in the index without everyone starting 900 new threads for things we've already talked about!

I have added a small tutorial to the Index: MOC ships.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

As I mentioned in the landbased mocs... maybe we could and should just supply the link directly to the main EB threads!

Another suggestion... though I think it will be a bit of work for boneparte... what if in both Indexes, we had the thumbnail links to the brickshelf folders AND a link to the discussion thread here on EB if there is one? This would help if people wanted to talk about a ship or MOC in the index without everyone starting 900 new threads for things we've already talked about!

A thumbnail can only be a link to 1 place, so I have linked them to the BS library.

Another reason is that every MOC is only in 1 brickshelf-library but is often discussed and mentioned in multiple threads on the forum. That's why I have added the "search tutorial" in case you want to read feedback, discuss or check if there is already a separate thread for a particular MOC.

Agreed. But we can always have MULTIPLE POSTS in a single thread with the different sub topics. So the Ship index could have the vignettes and ship accessories in new posts with some helpful text saying these are things such as 'Ship Accessories' and 'Vignettes'. Then obviously we could do the same thing for the Land based MOCS.

I agree that it would be good to have to ship/sea vignettes and ships accessories in the ship-index (same for the landbased-index). We can do it in the same way as the MLCad designs.

That's exactly what I mean! About the Vignettes, I suppose you mean the ship-based vignettes?

That means there have to be two thumbnails a MOC, doesn't sound like a good idea to me...

As I mentioned in the landbased mocs... maybe we could and should just supply the link directly to the main EB threads!

Have replied in the landbased mocs ;-)