Stauder

EB News Presents Dinoscheusin-thingamagy...

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of EB News Presents. We have not had a show in weeks, so we hope this makes up for it. I am your host, Stauder, today with me is ImperialShadows and our guest is Deinonychus, who's name I have to copy and paste... :wacko:

Let's Begin!

Q. Why the name Deinonychus,?

2575402122_615a8e7fdc.jpg

I've always been a fan of Deinonychus antirrhopus, and when the movie version of Jurassic Park came out when I was in high school the Raptors (Which are really Deinonychus, just Wiki it for the full explanation) were an instant favorite. So much so, that my friends quickly nicknamed me "Raptor". So, that was the name I began using online in the infancy of the Internet when you could still pick and choose just about any screen name you wanted. As time went on, Raptor became harder and harder to get, so I decided to get back to basics and go with Deinonychus...it's worked so far.

Q. A Dinosaur SigFig? Original, yes. Practial No. I mean, where do you fit a dino in a Airport MOC?

"Will Mr.Deinonychus Please clean up on gate 3?"

Well the dinosaur is more for storytelling purposes. It's pretty damn funny to have a smirking raptor in a photo-comic menacing other Minifigs. I don't really feel much of a need to include myself into MOCs. Although I did try to build him a persona starship one time before I moved on to something else.

2575402248_b32f284ae3.jpg

Q. How long have you collected these little ABS bricks we all know and love as Lego?

Ever since early, early childhood. I can't remember a Christmas morning without LEGOs of some sort. I always picked up a few sets each year until 1999 when the Star Wars came onto the scene. That's when I started buying entire themes on a regular basis. Nowadays it's hard to name a LEGO set I haven't picked up.

Q. Any recent mocs worth mentioning?

Not really. I'm an untalented hack when it comes to MOCs. I guess my little Mars Mission alien saucer is pretty neat. I do a lot of color replacements and modifications to official sets, and that keeps me pretty pleased with myself. Beyond that, designing stuff from the ground-up never turns out as good as I envision it in my head.

Q. What are your 3 favourite sets?

7477 - T-1 Typhoon Vs. T-Rex from the Dino Attack theme. That helicopter is simply beautiful and jam-packed full of weaponry. It's a perfect example of the awesome LEGO could achieve if hey ever did a modern military line.

10030 - Ultimate Collector's Series Star Destroyer. The Falcon and the upcoming Death Star may have more pieces, but you still can't beat that ISD for the ability to stop people in their tracks when they see it. Even after having it all these years I still stare at it in wonder sometimes.

7163 - Republic Gunship. Probably one of the most fun and well designed Star Wars LEGO sets. Although seeing pictures of the new version has sort of made me look at the old girl as sort of chunky and obsolete, which is kind of sad. Regardless, I still love my LAAT/i

Q. Any personal favourite theme?

Alpha Team. That first wave of Alpha Team was something that we'd never seen the likes of in LEGO ever before and it still holds a place in my heart. Second would probably be a tie between Star Wars and Rock Raiders, and I think Agents may soon make that list.

2575402340_f9abf6f0df.jpg

2574577823_d283ec78b6.jpg

Q. What was the greatest lego-related moment in your life?

Probably going to Wal-Mart that one hot summer night and finding the first LEGO Star Wars sets and just falling in love with the whole concept and declaring it carried off perfectly even before I got to the register. Just holding those boxes, I knew I was starting something cool.

Q. And the most amazing moment on Eurobricks?

Being made a Fellow. It really says to you "Hey, your thoughts and opinions and personality are the kind of thing we dig around here. So, here's a cookie."

Mmmmm... Cookie...

You had to mentio food?

Q. Now, what do you think Of the Jurrasic Park films?

Love them. Sure, they're fraught with inaccuracies, bad writing, but as far as visual spectacles go, you're hard pressed to do better. Who doesn't love big real-looking dinosaurs running around and messing people up?

Q. How do you think TLC is heading?

I think they're on a good track. They had lost their way a bit a few years back, but they've turned it around mightily. They're getting a good handle on what licensed themes work and which don't and I think they've secured their company, and their customer base for at least a further 50 years. The quality and imagination put into just about every theme and sub-set is making it hard for me to not buy everything I see. Plus, you know, you really can never have too many LEGO elements of any kind.

2574577955_45479659bf.jpg

Q. "Ohhh Ahhh, that's how it always starts. But then there is running, and screaming..."

...then the restraining orders, and accusations of sexual harassment, and pretty soon people are scared to leave their girlfriends alone around Deino.

That took a turn for the second worst...

Second?

He left Lego out of it.

Fair enough...

Q. Am I annoying?

Compared to the rest of the Internet? You're an absolute treat!

Who says chivalry is dead?

No one... But with you on it"s team it might commit suicide...

Q. Who sould we interview next?

Is there anyone left? You pretty much scraped the bottom of the barrel with me didn't you?

*Whispers*He knows...*Wispers*

*Whispers*Then pick somone from the audiance, or get a reccomendation from them!*whispers*

*Whispers*We still have a audiance?*Whisper*

2575402750_a9458c08fe.jpg

Fatal Error - Information overload.

2575401980_89e8038683.jpg

*Signal Fades*

Edited by Stauder

Quick solution to your naming problem, Staudie: just call him Deino. :tongue:

Another nice interview. I am suprised that Deino likes Alpha Team so much though - especially considering that the new Agents theme totally outclasses it, no matter what your opinion is on the original Lego Spy theme. Ah well, each to his own. :classic:

Dont worry. I have always needed to copy/paste his name too. :tongue:

Quick solution to your naming problem, Staudie: just call him Deino. :tongue:

Or just call him D*. :grin:

Nice interview Staudie. :thumbup: Seems we have passed the desert of no more new interviews now.

We have gotten a few new fellows lately. Did you interview all of them?

And for IS: Did we really miss him in this episode? :look::grin:

So, does anyone have any reccomendations for the next episode?

I think colored text that is easier to read would be an improvement. IS's green text has been good and easy on the eyes so far!

Great interview, anyway!

Well, thanks to ImperialShadows and what's-his-name for another fascinating interview!

Oh, who am I kidding, I can't read it, it's too bright!

It's me, you, the guest, Hinck, and a variety of random other colours as needed. :hmpf:

As for reading pms, you're right, I've barely been on lately, as you could tell if you did a quick search. I'm overhauling my entire system after a major crash and burn and since you never sent the pics for the last interview you promised, I figured you were done for the summer, thus my mention of that in my sig. And my insinuation that you're in jail. :grin:

Still, I'm going to assume you did a good job. :thumbup:

Interview me, commanderbly42? Clearly, you should click the link in my sig and review the past archives. I interviews myself months ago. :wink:

Staudie, you are finally back from your long summer break! :laugh:

Hope you have prepared more EB News/Reviews for us as well. It's nice to know more on Deino, another great Fellow in EB! By the way, could you tone down the colors a little bit? It seemed a little too bright. :tongue:

Shadows, hope things are going well for you too. I will be looking forward to your return. :wink:

Nice to see the Cast is back :classic:

Intereseting interview, colors aside :laugh:

@ Deinonychus: I too fell in love with those Megaraptors in the JP movie at first glance :wub:

LuxorV

My eyes they burn bright, bright, bright GREEN... argh *runs into a wall*

Nice interview as for who next lets see, you have done Hink, IS, Whitefang, Dragonator, Phred, Sinner, Batbrick, Sir Nodroj, The Brickster, Iamded... how about, I Scream Clone or Phes or Lord of Pies or TinyPiesRUS or the pies together in a master interview including Quarryman the master pi... :tongue:

Regards Cpt PB

*cough* update index *cough* :wink: :wink:

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

If you manage to tie up phes, and drag him into the studio be my guest... I probably asked him so many times he is blocking my pms...

EDIT - Whoops! As it truns out, Phes agreed, but I never sent him the questions! :blush:

Staudie.

Edited by Stauder

Interview me, commanderbly42? Clearly, you should click the link in my sig and review the past archives. I interviews myself months ago. :wink:

I was sure you weren't on there, I checked before I posted. :blush:

I was sure you weren't on there, I checked before I posted. :blush:

This is the EB News Interview which had done, for ImperialShadows, dated 31st December 2007.

2007-12-31 imperialshadows

Edit: This is the interview done for Sir Nadroj/aka Jordan. Read more in the following link. :wink:

2008-03-11 Sir Nadroj

For members whom are keen to know whom are the members being interviewed, please refer to the EB Interview Index.

Thanks

Edited by WhiteFang

As WhiteFang has pointed out, Check the index! The picture in my sig leads to the index, Shadows has the link in his sig, Even whiteFang has it!

Staudie.

Another interesting interview, any chance or elaborating about Alpha team?

Well, what would you like to know?

Like I mentioned, Alpha Team was totally new and different when it came out. I've always loved the whole super-spy genre, and Alpha Team fell right into that right away. It also doesn't hurt that all the sets were very affordable and I was able to pick them all up without breaking the bank.

I also loved how the Minifigs were individual characters instead of just random themed LEGOmen. They all had their specific character colors and the faces were printed in such a way that you really got a feel that they each had a unique personality.

Then there's Ogel and his skeleton Drones. Guy had an entire Goldfinger meets Cobra Commander feel, and who can really resist that? Ogel was also the first real LEGO villain that I recalled being worth anything. Previous LEGO bad guys never seemed that dangerous to me. Ogel struck me as an adversary who, if he wasn't stopped, could do some serious damage.

Mission Deep Sea was okay, but not great. Then the line went into hibernation for a few years and came back with the Arctic sets. Those were some great sets for me, even if a lot of fans don't particularly care for them. The whole "dual-mode vehicle" thing harkened back to the MASK toyline of my childhood, and the colors also appealed to me. As a matter of fact, the Ice Blade (4743) is in my top 10 of favorite sets. Arctic also gave me three new team members, and a better Tee Vee fig.

Personally, I consider Alpha Team, Dino Attack, and Agents to all be within the same little LEGO sphere. They're all exceptionally trained and specialized teams of LEGO professionals dispatched to protect the LEGO universe from dangers the City Police just can't handle. And storytelling like that is always a winner in my book! deino2.gif

haha bottom of the barral :laugh: I wonder who hasnt been inteviewed...

Wow havnt posted on EB for awhile :sceptic: Im glad that my first one is here, I've always wanted to read an inteview about ummm that guy who starts with D :laugh:

I think colored text that is easier to read would be an improvement. IS's green text has been good and easy on the eyes so far!

Great interview, anyway!

lol thought my eyes were goin bad or something :wacko:

Beyond that, designing stuff from the ground-up never turns out as good as I envision it in my head.

I empathise with you there. Deinonychus (Yes! Spelled it right in one go.)

Deinonychus, what is with the title of "OMFG n00b"? :wacko:

That does not seem like something you would say (you appear to be a very kind person).

Because he was talking about noobs alot in the title topic, If I remember. Look it up in the title topic.

Stauder.

Deinonychus, what is with the title of "OMFG n00b"? :wacko:

That does not seem like something you would say (you appear to be a very kind person).

You make an "OMFG n00b" joke in the title thread, and you get that title yourself deino2.gif

And I'm usually very kind...until the limits of my tolerance for stupidity and pessimism get pushed. Then people discover that Deino has very sharp (verbal) claws :wink: