1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Hai guys!

Today, I went to my local target and purchased the AT-TE and the RGS, but heres my AT-TE review:

Alright, let me just say, that this thing is MONSTROUS! the box is huge but it is dwarfed by the size of the RGS box. Once again, Lego makes the box twice as large as necessary...

I only got one building shot so here it is:

2704862266_76f763a82e.jpg

The Build: It is a fun build, although too much technic for my liking, it is pretty easy except for one thing that pissed me off.

Lego does NOT number the bags, so you have to dig around in each separate bag for what your looking for, made the build twice as long as it could have been.

It took me roughly 4 hours with some breaks, so be prepared to invest some time making this.

The 'Figs: the figs are OKAY, but with 8 chairs to fill, and only 2 clones, it is kind of disappointing, the Battle droid and STAP are a nice addition though:

2704043509_2bb8c106c3.jpg

Anakin+Ahsoka+Big Blob'o'crap. Personally I don't really like the new faces, or that theres more non-clones than clones in this set, isn't it the CLONE WARS?! I beleive Lego is skimping on clones because their making their own giant battle.

2704865828_4a74c712bc.jpg

Other Assorted Info+More Pics:

One thing that also is kind of sad is the interior, it is like a skeleton, like if you had to ride in this thing you would fall out, so plan on modding this set.

2704862908_bfc6195f78.jpg2704040307_33ebc1b0da.jpg

2704041317_bab72a49bb.jpg2704867914_1374812f5a.jpg

2704046667_59d331532d.jpg

RATINGS:

Price to parts: 8/10 For 799 pieces 79.99 would be perfect, but LEGO had to be mean.

Minfigs: 7.5/10 Only the clones are good here in my opinion.

Detail: 7/10 The exterior looks good, but the interior needs to be modded, it is SKELETAL! SKELETAL!!!!

Parts: 10/10 The parts are cool, like the ball turrets, and the turret on the top is cool.

Availability: 10/10 Unless you live in a backwater town of 500, it should be 10/10.

FINAL SCORE: 8.7891/10 I love this set, I missed the first one, and this one is great, but it could be better.

Wow, that's creepy! :oh: I just took a little break from building mine and opened this up, and the first pic in this thread is the exact stage I am at right now. :wacko: Strange...

Anyway, nice review. :thumbup: I like this set and I thought the fact that the parts came in unnumbered bags is a good thing. I like it better this way; it's like making a puzzle: Most of the fun lies in finding the right piece, and as long as the build takes, the longer the fun lasts. :wink: Other than that, I found the build rather repetitive. :sadnew: Also, I think that the fact that you have to mod the interior is kinda good as well. It gives you the opportunity to build in anything you want. :classic: And I am more satisfied with the figs than you are, too. :blush: I like Anime Skywalker's hair and the fact that Rota's arms are posable, and the Asokah fig is a very interesting one, even though she looks like she gained a few pounds. :laugh: Just look at the comparison:

2237364029_11f4d19eff_o.jpg

i also got this set yesterday and i love it but i was missing a few pieces >< wasnt happy lol

i also got this set yesterday and i love it but i was missing a few pieces >< wasnt happy lol

Then why do you lol? :tongue: Anyway, I was missing pieces, too. Two 1x2 slope pieces. :sceptic: I already replaced them and will probably be too lazy to ask TLG for them. :tongue:

no hotshot they havea blue peg stuck in them with the black rod slotted in to it aswell so the whole thing is pretty solid :classic:

One queastion

the small guns on the ball(s)

Do they fall easy of the ball(s)?

The guns themselves don't fall off at all, but if you push them too hard to the side, the half of the ball with the gun on it pops out.

This sounds very similar to the first one. I'm glad I'm saving this one till later in my purchasing cycle. All the SW walkers have a skeletal fram with almost nothing inside. It's very disappointing, but I guess filling them in would up the piece count considerably.

Does this beast have any good handholds for picking it up? I seem to recall a handle or something coming out of the top in the pre-release pics.

So basically, you cited as faults what everybody had been complaining about since the first information of the set arrived? Skeletal interior and lack of clones?

Although I didn't realize it didn't have numbered backs. That really is just ridiculous. LEGO finally comes up with a very intelligent solution to the frustration seen when building large sets, but then they neglect to implement it. WTF? Lame.

Still, this may be the only Clone Wars set I buy besides the exclusives. The exterior, which IMO is the only part that matters, looks so fantastic. I don't care about clones, I have enough of those already. And at 90$ it's still a better buy than the RGS. The Torrent is cool but not as cool as the Fighter Tank or DGS imo.

Awesome in-construction pics.

Thanks for the reivew.

Could you post a few pics of the AT-TE in all it's glory?

KimT

Just picked this set up, and just took a break from building to go to Football Practice. I have just finished building all of the legs, and so far it looks like it is going to be a great set. I would have like it if more clones were included, but whatever. I find it interesting how many clone accessories they give you. I don't like it only because I can't decide what I want to use. I find it interesting that at lease 2 people are missing pieces. I have had multiple times where I thought I was missing pieces, only to find that they were in the bag somewhere. Other than the fact that there is a lack of minifigures, I love this set and can't wait to finish it later tonight.

Edited by SWMAN

I just got this set Sunday, and it's so HUGE that I can't put it anywhere. It is pretty sturdy and heavy, that's where the handle comes in. I'm pissed that you only get 2 clones. Rex has to fight on the ground while you need more clones to man the guns/cockpit. The legs were the most annoying and time consuming part of the build. And yea I agree, that if TLG had made numbered bags, it would have taken only 2 hours rather than 4.

Edited by iH Master 13uilder17

I bought this a few weeks ago and absolutely loved making it. It's amazing how the paneling comes together to make such a tight fit, but can easily open up. The legs could have been a bit more poseable, and the guns don't launch easily unless you push hard and fast. I'd like the firing mechanism to launch more smoothly. But it looks absolutely amazing.

About price, it was ¥13,000 where I am, but I'm used to Lego being expensive in Japan, so it was good value.

Probably my most wanted set(RGS is too much), but this seems a 'lil overpriced, I mean $90 for a skeleton? II'll wait fr it to go on sale(which i doubt it will)

Probably my most wanted set(RGS is too much), but this seems a 'lil overpriced, I mean $90 for a skeleton? II'll wait fr it to go on sale(which i doubt it will)

i think it is currently on sale at $60? check the sales thread.

Sorry for reanimating this topic. There is a Technic brick in the mid section of this set. Does anyone know the function of that ??

Sorry for reanimating this topic. There is a Technic brick in the mid section of this set. Does anyone know the function of that ??

Presumably for the handle which we now the use for (LAAT/c)

Thank you that was what I guessed :) But I didn't see any detailed pictures of 10195, do we have the instructins or something now? Is that how dropship lifts the walker ?

I dont think we have instuctions yet...

But on topic, I have an AT-TE in the mail, on the way, so I should have a review of it in the next week or so.

jifel

Yup.

This is the one, right?

atte12.jpg

Exactly Kim, that's what I meant. I pondered and wondered that for a long time :) I decided to ask here when a friend wondered the same thing. I hope it fits with the new droship. It would be really cool. And it's also great that TLG knows what they'll be prodcuing a year later..

Exactly Kim, that's what I meant. I pondered and wondered that for a long time :) I decided to ask here when a friend wondered the same thing. I hope it fits with the new droship. It would be really cool. And it's also great that TLG knows what they'll be prodcuing a year later..

It does.

The description of the new 10195 Dropship and AT-OT states that the AT-TE can be carried too.

They've planned this for quite a while.

Yeah, when I built it, I wondered for a long time.

I considered many possiblities temporarily, like either TLC had gone crazy or I had missed a page in the instructions.