Sign in to follow this  
krabs.

Mini-Review,Rants, and things you never knew about 7676 Republic Gunsh

hope my pictures answer the questions in your mind for those who havnt bought it yet

all your bricks are made in china

say goodbye to quality control

le002.jpg

front & back

le003.jpg

le005.jpg

lego wasting space as usual ... only 50% of the box is filled

le007.jpg

one of the longest box ever .... compared to UCS ISD instuction book

le008.jpg

pour em out !

le012.jpg

parts list

le013.jpg

cody and normal clone have same face

le017.jpg

instuction booklet is wrong side pauldron compared to boxart

le018.jpg

commander cody's back

le019.jpg

after 1 hour

le021.jpg

the "snot" nose

le022.jpg

2 hours

le023.jpg

3 hours

le024.jpg

complete ! 4 & half hours !

le025.jpg

ugly backend is not covered up

le026.jpg

pinch these 2 together to "open" the cabin doors

le027.jpg

they bend back at an angle ... cool huh ?

le028.jpg

the spares

le029.jpg

oh hey a dewback !

le031.jpg

fits 21 troops standing in the cabin

just remove the middle bricks that hole the speederbike and 4 guns

le032.jpg

peek at them from the backdoor

le033.jpg

fits 30+ when their dead

le034.jpg

front cargo area fits a dewback or 6+ scout troopers

le035.jpg

they all fit in .... nearly 50 troops

le036.jpg

show you the variation between old clone trooper torso and new

le037.jpg

the back printing difference

le038.jpg

mass carnage

le039.jpg

vampire in the bacta tank !

le040.jpg

UPGUNNED RGS !

le041.jpg

lol

le009.jpg

okay sorry ... it wasnt really serious

the polybags are kinda messed up ... the same part they can put 3 here ... 3 in another bag .... trying to fustrate the builders

hard to swoosh .... heavy ... no safe place to grip

good thing is 2 sets of the ARC trooper armour

the "clone trooper" helmet flashlight is crappy .... get lost easily

Okay review. I read most of it and it looks pretty good. You will have a ton of competition with every other LEGO Starwars Clonewars fan writing reviews. :wink:

Edited by NewRight

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hahahahahaha! Thanks for this review! I really like the part when you're looking for how many soldiers you can put inside. "when they're alive" "when they're dead" "6 scout troopers in the front area" :laugh:

Anyway, there's a LOT of space in that ship!

Okay review. I read most of it and it looks pretty good. You will have a ton of competition with every other LEGO Starwars Clonewars fan writing reviews. :wink:

cant compose a paragraph ...only slept 2 hours because i was too excited about it ... and my hands still hurt from all the building

The bricks are not made in china, Its more likely to be the Manuel/box art,

pauldron is on the wrong side btw, the longest parts are always on the right side.

Thanks for the review as well

A very unique and humourous review, krabs., and welcome to Eurobricks! Maybe a few less pictures and smaller font size would be better, but I liked that take on a review. :thumbup:

cody and normal clone have same face

le017.jpg

That's why they're called clones... :tongue:

:skull:

anyway i got it for around USD$147 = 94euro = 74GBP

94euro! The average price of it in euros is about 150, on Shop@Home! :oh3:

Unfortunately the UK price for it is only a little over that amount, and the S@H US price is even cheaper! :oh3::sad:

That is assuming you converted the prices right. :blush:

94euro! The average price of it in euros is about 150, on Shop@Home! :oh3:

Unfortunately the UK price for it is only a little over that amount, and the S@H US price is even cheaper! :oh3::sad:

That is assuming you converted the prices right. :blush:

well it depends ... MOST of the sets here cost DOUBLE the price after exchange rate conversion .... like battlepacks here cost more than USD$20 .... batman tumbler joker icecream surprise cost over USD$100

I am considering getting this today. Did you feel regret after buying this? $120 is a lot of money. Is it worth it?

Regarding the spare parts, I also had two extra tiny one x one maroon slopes.

Handily enough they work really well when added to the back of the two empty maroon studs at the aft section of the rear cockpit. It makes it more contoured but you may not like the look of it. Worth a try though. The green slopes can also cover two empty studs in the nose but I went for a round light instead.

le024bqe6.jpg

Nice Review but you must be the Slowest Builder I know :tongue: You put together like 200 Bricks in a Hour! I finished the Hoth Base in like 40 minutes :blush:

I like how you show the Figures and Accesories! Thanks!

I am considering getting this today. Did you feel regret after buying this? $120 is a lot of money. Is it worth it?

What is your Budget? It all depends on your Money income, are you young with pocket money? I would say get it, You wont regret it, even if you have just 2 Clones. Im still in sorrow of how I missed the last RGS, Im not missing it again! :angry::wink:

Nice Review but you must be the Slowest Builder I know :tongue: You put together like 200 Bricks in a Hour! I finished the Hoth Base in like 40 minutes :blush:

I like how you show the Figures and Accesories! Thanks!

i have a habit of aligning the "lego" words on the studs either "forward" or facing Left or "west" direction

perfectionist :tongue:

swooshability is 0 ... ZERO

how can something with no place to grip and weigh like a brick swoosh ?

the only 2 places you can use your fingers to grip is those 2 "snot" lightgrey triangles on the top of the cabin doors

good for short term holding .... but holding the weight too long there the studs cant hold the weight .... might get loose or break eventually

weighs like a dumbell when you hold it on your palm to play "helicopter"

easily sway left,right on your palm because the oversized wings making high center-of-gravity

not a single "cockpit control printed tile" .... even the twilight have 2

for the whole set ... theres no printed tile too .... even the rear vent is sticker .... i remember the 1st version RGS is printed

ugly gaps in the "mass-driver-cannons"

when flying it around ull accidentally hit the 2 long barrels .... it looks flimsy as theres only technic pins with 1 pole slotted in .... if you bend it hard enough the pole will snap

the barrel is smooth looking from the cones .... thats a plus

wing pods arent airtight ... the bubble canopy doesnt fit high to the surface .... half-a-plate gap

the side plates where you put the monkey or twinklet sticker ... it fits the angle of slopes beside ... but its not "airtight"

the side doors arent "airtight" from the sides too ... a horizontal gap running tru the middle .... if u close this gap it puts the clickyhinge in a "middle" which can harm it on the long run

the clicky hinge on the wings are good ... can hold it up like a Y or V shape

the bacta tank is not easy to slot in .... tight fit ..... have to move the 2 movable plates on the side to move the bacta in out

nice arch inside the ship hull ... running from the green pieces at the front all the way to the rear speederbike rank UNOBSTRUCTED

fit a ICBM in anyone ?

the front cargo area have a triangle hole on the floor .... can be modded into a bombbay

the rear "engine vent" clicky plate can be modded into a bombbay too .... very roomy inside

the 2 "probe droid storage area" is very nonsense ....

you can mod it to hold a (smaller version of) folding cannon like dr.inferno's volcano base

more forward firepower !

not really all that fun ... i put it into the glass cabinet 3 hours after finishing it

Edited by krabs.

Nice Review but you must be the Slowest Builder I know :tongue: You put together like 200 Bricks in a Hour!

no offense but i completely agree that was very slow i bought it this morning and built it in 2 and a half to 3 hours (and im only 13) very slow but really good review i liked the stromy count thx

no offense but i completely agree that was very slow i bought it this morning and built it in 2 and a half to 3 hours (and im only 13) very slow but really good review i liked the stromy count thx

I too spent about 5 hours building it but I'm a lot older and as such have learned to appreciate every brick laid, admired the progress from every angle, made sure the stickers were absolutely perfectly aligned, stretched my legs now and again, answered questions from the missus and just enjoyed the process of building!

Speed is not everything! You'll learn that soon enough! :tongue:

the fun is in the building ... not the swooshing

drag it longer to enjoy it more

after adding some training wheels ... now my gunship can "fly" :tongue:

2.jpg

I enjoy to build sets slowly to and enjoy building them. I'm not the sort of person who rips there sets apart on rainy days and rebuilds them. So seeming as i'm only building them once I need to treasure the moments :tongue: .

fits 30+ when their dead

LMAO!!! :laugh: Brilliant!!

I too spent about 5 hours building it but I'm a lot older and as such have learned to appreciate every brick laid, admired the progress from every angle, made sure the stickers were absolutely perfectly aligned, stretched my legs now and again, answered questions from the missus and just enjoyed the process of building!

Speed is not everything! You'll learn that soon enough! :tongue:

Hear hear!! Couldn't have put it better myself!! :wink:

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

I too used to build faster when I was younger, but now I enjoy taking my time. 4 hours for this sounds about right at my pace. I spent 30 minutes just putting the figures together. :tongue: I like to settle down with a large drink, a good movie I've seen a million times and work in 30 to 60 minute increments. Building slowly also lets you appreciate some of the techniques in the design as well as catalog all the flaws that will need fixing. :tongue:

I liked this review and I agree about the plug in flashlights and helmet ornaments. They are going to be a headache not to lose. My biggest gripe with the set is that the bags aren't numbered for easier construction. Having to go through all but a couple bags to get all the bits to build the figures is a pain. :hmpf_bad:

Out of curiousity, did anyone else get two bags of minifig accesories? I got two of the skirts/pauldrons bag.

I too used to build faster when I was younger, but now I enjoy taking my time. 4 hours for this sounds about right at my pace. I spent 30 minutes just putting the figures together. :tongue: I like to settle down with a large drink, a good movie I've seen a million times and work in 30 to 60 minute increments. Building slowly also lets you appreciate some of the techniques in the design as well as catalog all the flaws that will need fixing. :tongue:

I liked this review and I agree about the plug in flashlights and helmet ornaments. They are going to be a headache not to lose. My biggest gripe with the set is that the bags aren't numbered for easier construction. Having to go through all but a couple bags to get all the bits to build the figures is a pain. :hmpf_bad:

Out of curiousity, did anyone else get two bags of minifig accesories? I got two of the skirts/pauldrons bag.

4 Hours is alright if you have something to wacth but most movies are like 1-2 Hours :laugh: Well my new carry-on collection will keep me amused :laugh:

My biggest gripe with the set is that the bags aren't numbered for easier construction. Having to go through all but a couple bags to get all the bits to build the figures is a pain. :hmpf_bad:

I prefer when you have to find your own pieces since it feels like your building your own MOC.

4 Hours is alright if you have something to wacth but most movies are like 1-2 Hours :laugh: Well my new carry-on collection will keep me amused :laugh:

Well yeah, but I also watch sports. I love how Lego releases new waves right before Football(and Football) season starts. That means I can wake up early on the weekends and catch an EPL game or two before watching some good old American Throwball. :tongue: All the while I'm working on a MOC or a recent release.

I prefer when you have to find your own pieces since it feels like your building your own MOC.

I love this and still use the giant tub technique for MOC building, but with large sets like the RGS I enjoy having things broken into workable sections.

I enjoy to build sets slowly to and enjoy building them. I'm not the sort of person who rips there sets apart on rainy days and rebuilds them. So seeming as i'm only building them once I need to treasure the moments :tongue: .

Same here. I build slowly, this set took me like 5 hours to build :sceptic: . I really do NEVER rip apart my lego sets...they are too beautiful. :cry_happy: