Are you sure it's anti-shop lifting I remember reading about sets being open and the contents being removed in the US and all that was left was the boxes.

Dunno how you would get out the store with 3000 bricks clanking in your pockets...

In some stores they have a ticket with the product name on . You take a ticket for the set and take it to the checkout, but I've never heard of empty boxes they'll probably swap them for full ones at the checkout. I will go down to Woolies and have a look.

this is not new ... I remember Woolworths doing this for the ISD and MTT and Sailbarge sets.

In my local Woolies I noticed there was a dirty great big security tag wrapped around the RGS set rather than it being empty.

When I bought the larger sets I mentioned earlier you take the empty box to the counter and a fresh complete set is brought out from the back once you've paid.

yeah me too. i buy soooo many legos. just kiddin. i dont. legos are for fags.

Am I the only one that has noticed that you randomly showed up and inserting your random sassy ( and highly immature) remarks into a thread, where everyone else is completely ignoring you? You're begging for the chamber and/or banning...

dp

EDIT: Now Ive seen your other posts today, and they arent very funny. You dont have to like lego anymore, You probably think you are too old. But by posting all this crap and calling us "fags" doesnt make you anymore mature. Just leave us alone and stop insulting us, we havent done anything to you (yet...)

Edited by darthperson

Noticed a week or two ago they had done this with Lego Mindstorms at Smyth's Toys in Cork. First time I had seen it done with Lego. In other stores of that chain, they usually just have the Mindstorms up on the high shelves (they are a warehouse style toy operation).

Incidentally the same occasion I bought a videogame in another store, and it was indeed complete and had anti-theft seal, however, they still put that one back on the shelf and gave me a new one from out back. I wasn't complaining, but it seemed rather roundabout and odd. Especially for a game costing €7.

The retail outlet that annoys me most is Tesco. With their new barriers, extra CCTV surveillance they are the epitome of police state Britain visiting our shores here in Ireland. They should just put up a big notice stating "We consider all our customers to be suspected criminals"!!! I avoid going to Tescos as much as possible it is so unfriendly compared to the alternatives. Also the automated checkouts are pants - it isn't convenient to have to do the shop's work, and wait in longer queues as people not experienced in scanning items go through stuff at a snail's pace.

Sorry, turned into a bit of a rant. On the plus side I did pick up a Lego Racer there reduced from €5 to €3.

Are the Kashyyk sets worth buying now? I had the cheapest two and I really loved them both, but now they're in pieces and/or missing. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about:

-Clone Scout Walker

-Wookie Attack

-Wookie Catamaran

-Clone Turbo Tank

Prices have gone up. The Scout Walker is 30$. The Wookie Attack is 100$. The Catamaran (I wanted to pick this up badly but didn't manage to get it) is now a whopping 150$. The Clone Turbo Tank is still 100$.

In total, that's 380$. I don't want to spend more than 200$ on LEGO, that's the most I've ever spent you see. That's what stopped me from getting the Death Star, but I DO love those Kashyyk sets. Maybe just maybe it's the LUL's. I actually like them, all of them, and have no complaints. I like Army Building, but I'm not sure what side to be on. If I get the Death Star, it's Stormtroopers. If I get the Kashyyk, Clones. If I get the Torrent, Clones. But that's not what matters. I don't want to sound rude AT ALL, and trust me, I try my best not to be... but I'm not that huge a LEGO fan. Trust me, I really love LEGO and all, but I'd never chuck out 500 dollars. 380 is still extremely high but THAT I can actually afford. That's what stops me from getting the Ultimate Space Battle... it's 200 bucks. I want it, so do many other people. But of course, I can't get it.

So, what do you think? I should shut up and just get the sets (and more guilt) already? Or, should I look ahead and buy CW sets? (which I don't know if I really like that much). I also like the Lightsaber Duel, so that's an option, too.

Hmm... I'd wait for more CW sets to be released before you blow your money on old sets, TLG might remake some or make new Kasshyyyk sets in the future. :classic:

Its very unlikely that someone took all of the bricks out... so I guess that the empty boxes are there either for a preview (maybe the real sets haven't arrived yet), or what the people above said: to prevent shoplifters. :classic:

Empty boxes is quite strange, but if it works then we're all winners. I've seen tags used for electronics and I know TRU used to use them for large items, but now that is left to the 'old style' TRUs.

To get off subject a bit, I'm all for automated checkout lines, but I always use the cashier. It doesn't cost any more money and it keeps someone in a job. :thumbup:

I couldn't find if this has been posted or not, but did LEGO re release the x-wing from 2006 as well as a few other sets for the upcoming movie release? I ask because I went to my local TRU and it is flooded with Hoth Bases and Xwings. I checked Ebay, and it is flooded with Xwings as well all NIB. Thanks

In the Aussie lego catalogue for 2008 both these sets are shown as coming out this year (rerelease) as they were also out last year)

yeah me too. i buy soooo many legos. just kiddin. i dont. legos are for fags.

looks like someone learnt a new word, so special :look:

i remember seeing a wookie catamaran with LUL sitting at corner of the shelf ..... for a few times that i been there (back in 2007)

seems like a unwanted (and overpriced) child that nobody wants to adopt & bring home ...

released in 2005 .... still sitting there in 2007

poor thing

i remember seeing a wookie catamaran with LUL sitting at corner of the shelf ..... for a few times that i been there (back in 2007)

seems like a unwanted (and overpriced) child that nobody wants to adopt & bring home ...

released in 2005 .... still sitting there in 2007

poor thing

:tongue: How much Bro?

I really love all the sets.I have all of them but the DGS - i'm hoping to pick that up ASAP (AKA whenever i see it availible...)

I say go for them - its a lot of $$$ but i guess i did get all mine cheap...

up to you...

:tongue: How much Bro?

around USD$110 in todays exchange rate .....

lego is sooooo expensive here .... 1 "children's toy" can easily exceed a low-middle income family's daily wage

Edited by krabs.

around USD$110 in todays exchange rate .....

lego is sooooo expensive here .... 1 "children's toy" can easily exceed a low-middle income family's daily wage

No... I mean how much you willing to part with that for? :laugh:

no i didnt bought it :tongue:

the only ep3 set i got was the clone scout walker ....

Well, that makes you about as useful as one of the 1,662 who also have it... :hmpf_bad:

But we can still use Elmo in a Chicken Suit. :tongue:

I wouldn't get them theres bound to be a re release. I have all them apart from the catamaran.

The clone scout walker is 30 dollars? Why, I remember that not too long ago I bought one for 15 dollars of Ebay, new and in box, with shipping included.

I really liked the sets, but they are not necessarily worth $380 dollars. I would have to agree with some assessments, and buy some new sets, and then wait and see if Lego releases new Kashyyk sets.

I own all of the Kashyyyk sets and I :wub: them, the wookiee catamaran is pretty well designed but in my opinion too bulky but Luminara worth all the set :grin::laugh: , the scout walker is pretty cool it not have any cons and you get an exclusive minifig with it :sweet: , the wookiee attack is pretty cool the droid tank is very well designed and it include wookiees (the catamaran also include one :thumbup: ) the only con is that the wookiee flyer its a bit flimsy and I don

Edited by darkrebellion