Sign in to follow this  
TheBrickHitHouse

Battle droids with serial numbers?

So I bought the new Halifire droid set,

I noticed that one of the tan battle droids has a serial number across the waist - I have 130 Battledroids and none of them has a serial number printed on them, is that a production glitch?

Anyone else ended up with one?

Sorry no pics - cant zoom in enough....

So I bought the new Halifire droid set,

I noticed that one of the tan battle droids has a serial number across the waist - I have 130 Battledroids and none of them has a serial number printed on them, is that a production glitch?

Anyone else ended up with one?

Sorry no pics - cant zoom in enough....

Sounds to me like you probably got a Quality Control production sample by accident.

If you have 130 droids already, I'd totally hang on to it and keep it as a unique curiosity :wink:

Yes, I just checked the droids in my Hailfire set and they all have the number.

Its odd...because they have DIFFERENT numbers, that means they used many different molds (at presumably great expense) I wonder why....?

I think each mold space has its own number for quality control reasons. That way if is a run of defects is found they can go to the exact mold space and investigate. Looking at other pieces that are indentical and from the same set I can find similar things. For example in my hand I have 2 2x4 bricks. One is 3001 13 230 and the other is 3001 5 224. The first piece has the molding injection mark...

0X

...and the other is...

X0

All my droids from the Hailfire set have that. I checked a few other droids, all they say is LEGO.