Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

Don't know if anyone cares, but there are also three new key chains:

852718-1.jpg

I at least care about this one, in the quote.

Can't wait to buy a truckload of Ambush in Cairo sets...Although I'll have to switch out all those cheap Castle swords with old Chrome-Silver ones.

i care too dovchenko keyring im in!

also not to be taken a head honcos job but lets not get into a moustsche disscussion now please

also not to be taken a head honcos job but lets not get into a moustsche disscussion now please

I second this, the whole mustache fiasco has been one of the hottest (and eventually became the most pointless) topics in the Licensed subforum.

I am excited that the new sets are on S@H, I hope they are in stores soon. I really don't want to fork out even more money for shipping....

All new Indiana Jones sets are now available on US S@H.

Thanks, just placed an order for my stash. ktranger

I have a question, and I didn't know where else to post it. When you guys found out about the Comic-con exclusive Indy Brickmaster set, when was it? Was it after comic-con had started or was it way before that?

Edited by CaptainRex110

Some thing funny I saw today- If you look at the page at S@H for ambush in Cairo, it says it has 1877 parts- link If only!

Some thing funny I saw today- If you look at the page at S@H for ambush in Cairo, it says it has 1877 parts- link If only!

Some one already posted it on the last page (quote under here). :wink:

(I'm joking about this post)

Guys buy Ambush in Cairo RIGHT NOW! Its got 1877 pieces and is only 12.99 CAD! I'm going to buy 20 of these and have a load of golden plates, Tommy guns, and apples!

But seriously. Ambush in Cairo says it has 1877 pieces.

Also, I sent an e-mail to LEGO a few days ago, and they replied with this:

Dear (insert name here)

Thank you for contacting us on 06/26/09 and for your interest in LEGO® brand products.

Thank you for informing us about the piece count error. I did inform the apporiate department. The problem should be fixed in a few days. The Ambush in Cairo actually has 79 pieces not 1877. That would have been a crazy bargain.

Thank you again for contacting us. We wish your family many happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years to come.

Jessica

LEGO Direct Consumer Services

Edited by ILikePi

Haha I saw that yesterday, that's such a random number! :laugh: I don't know why I notice things like that...

It does bother me, however that the Cairo set is $11 USD instead of $10. It has less parts than the other $10 Indy sets, but also has another figure to make up for it. I'll still buy it in a heartbeat as soon as I see it in stores, its just a minor annoyance...

I have a question, and I didn't know where else to post it. When you guys found out about the Comic-con exclusive Indy Brickmaster set, when was it? Was it after comic-con had started or was it way before that?

Rex, I know for one that I didn't see the set until I was actually at Con. I tried finding images beforehand, but had no luck. I'm also wondering if there is anything planned for this year.

LEGO made several mistakes in the new Summer 2009 USA catalog dealing with how many minifigures are in the IJ sets. They make it seem like you get an extra minifigure the stupid way they worded it.

The reason that set has the random number of 1877 I think is because the $20 IJ set has 187 pieces and there was a typo in the mistake and another 7 was added.

Also the $11 set doesn't make a difference, Walmart and TRU will still charge $13-$15 for the set.

Edited by The Green Brick Giant

I don't know if this is on-topic, but......

My backordered :wacko: Ambush in Cairo and magnet set KOTCS came today, and Indy in the magnet set had a misprint. Head was different and the torso had tan undershirt printing, not the normal white.

AND the gunbelt was oversized.

Edited by Zapper Brick

I don't know if this is on-topic, but......

My backordered :wacko: Ambush in Cairo and magnet set KOTCS came today, and Indy in the magnet set had a misprint. Head was different and the torso had tan undershirt printing, not the normal white.

AND the gunbelt was oversized.

Yes, a lot of those $15 magnet sets had problems. Terrible misprints, and my Stormtrooper magnet set had what appeared to be tainted plastic :sick:

All new sets on european S@H, also saw some in stores in germany.

cheers

Found all of the new sets in a So Cal Toys R Us yesterday. Bought the Cairo set in advance of payday.

Hey guys

just picked up the new sets from toys r us in Glasgow,uk!had them all except the chauchilla cemetry battle!got temple(which is fecking aweesome and ambush in Cairo)totally skint but had t have the temple! :-p

Hey guys

just picked up the new sets from toys r us in Glasgow,uk!had them all except the chauchilla cemetry battle!got temple(which is fecking aweesome and ambush in Cairo)totally skint but had t have the temple! :-p

And I came back from TRU in Würselen (Aachen, Germany) and they had as well all the new Indiana Jones sets exluding the cemetery battle!