Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

Thanks guys, I love that Flying Wing a lot! Great colour scheme, and 'm so glad the german mechanic gets a new face and torso. I'll definitely be getting both these sets, maybe even two of the Shanghai Chase :cry_happy:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

:wub:

That first set is defiantly on my wish list!

All of the figures are awesome! Trixie (is that her name?) is great, her hair and the crown-thing look wonderful! Indy's shirt and the Chinese gangsters' hats are also nice! (Now my minifigs will be afraid of the mafia, though! :cry_sad: )

Those cars look nice too!

I probably won't get the fight on the flying wing, there's already a truck in "Race for the Stolen Treasure", and I don't really think the plane's pieces would be useful and there's only one new figure. The engineer's torso could be used for a lot of things, so I'll Bricklink him!

Thanks for the pics!

Pickerel

Ahhh.... The Flying Wing looks much better now.

I love the new boxer's torso, I can think of a lot of uses for that! :grin:

I may be one of the few that does not like the wing kit. I do want the chase set. Figures and cars I dig. I do not like how lego is using these type of tires in so many sets. I think they look crappy.

i gotta say the flying wing looks beautiful but thats the problem the only thing that really catchs your eye is the colours and the supply truck i think is a little small for what its supposed to be. what do you guys think the prce would be in CND im guessing 39.99 - 54.99 (bah i hate these prices nowadays :sceptic: )

Thanks Skipper 24 for the pics! I love the new plane (and German torso). The cars are looking better thatn ever. However...

They ruined teh beautiful fuel truck! :cry_sad:

I agree with you there, DP. It looks good apart from the actual fuel tank, which they shrunk considerably. I think that they need to get it back to the original size. :hmpf_bad:

Skipper24, thanks for finding such clear pictures.

I am indeed happy with Indy 09, and defintely aiming to complete all at least. The only disappointment for me, will be the color of its Flying Wing. I thought it should be grey in color instead of green. Nevertheless, it's still a great addition into any Indiana Jones' collectors. In fact, both sets are classic icons from the movies itself. :thumbup:

The flying wing is looking great! And the chase looks nice as well. :classic:

Wow... that plane is beautiful :cry_happy:

It looks like they changed up the color scheme a little bit, but i like it. I hope that it uses printed parts instead of those dreaded stickers, but I have a bad feeling that it will. :hmpf_bad: . I can always use that six pack torso for a bruce wane minifig, though. Does anyone know why Marion is holding a torch with no flame?

They flying wing is alright. :cry_sad: I wish it was all gray. However, the windshield pieces will work well in old fashioned submarines like the Nautilus and the green stickers will look good on large military MOCs. :cry_happy:

I love everything about the chase set. :thumbup:

Were these photos found in a European Target? They aren't on the American website... :cry_sad:

Does that mean Europe already has them and America will have to wait?

There are no Target stores in Europe as far as I'm concerned. The only Target stores in the world are found either in Australia or the USA. Maybe they took the pics down a week after they were put up. They were found on the American Target website, since they have online shopping.

Ahhh! Now those are some fine looking sets! I like the dark green color scheme on the Flying Wing, even though it looked very good in all-grey too, and the redesigns of the new characters (Willie, Short Round, and half-naked German Guy). I'm a little disappointed that we wont get a Doc Ock head with the chase set since I really liked the Doc Ock minifig, but missed out on those. But I guess it's always better to get new faces, especially on fleshie heads.

If only we had some green Eta 2 wings, then we could create a green Jedi starfighter/interceptor! :cry_happy: Oh well, maybe we can work something out with stickers...

I'll definitely try to get at least one of these sets, but Idk yet, since I will already have trouble financing all the new CW sets. :sceptic:

-snip- Does anyone know why Marion is holding a torch with no flame?

You mean a dirty carrot? :tongue: I'm surprised they didn't go with yellow cheese wedges strung together, as she actually knocks out the pilot with the tire blocks.

The flying wing is alright. :cry_sad: I wish it was all gray. -snip-

Well, in the movie the top surface of the Wing was green, and the bottom was a tan color. Guess this is their "middle ground".

I'm less impressed with the Wing than I thought I would be. The Wing is my second favorite Indy vehicle (after the desert truck, which we have already), and I guess I had high expectations for it. The Mechanic definitely looks better than the prelim figure. Yeah, I used the Patrick torso for my custom figure, but would have much rather been able to use Bane's torso without the overalls. Looks like that's what we're getting.

I'll still get the set, but it's not the best I've seen.

Hey, the German mechanic has the same head as...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I like that, new mustache colour. And everything else in those 2 sets. 2009 is gonna be a good year for me :classic:

Am I the only one who likes the fuel truck?

wow... finally new female flesh head, and hair, and a flesh bare male torso, now we just have to wait for a bare female one :tongue:

HA!

EDIT: Made some stuff bold

Edited by Plutofish08

I'm in the 'liked the orginal flying wing colour scheme and fuel truck design' camp.

Love the mechanic torso though and Indy's tux

bye

timbutnice