Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

Were these photos found in a European Target? They aren't on the American website... :cry_sad:

Does that mean Europe already has them and America will have to wait?

I disagree, if you want old heads buy old sets, the more heads we get the more variety as well. So I can't find a single thing wrong apart from the guns. Both vehicles will be ever-so-slightly tweaked and added to my Gotham display too, as I love them. This is definitely one of my most anticipated sets!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

True, true. But besides that I got to agree with and and pretty much everyone, This is one of the most anticipated sets for 09 for me also. The cars are pure greatness and FIVE new figs :wub: Some better guns perhaps would have been better but this set is pure gold for me :thumbup::cry_happy:

Hopefully it is at most, $40?

I think it will be around the same price as the jungle cutter (£30)

I doubt it, the Cutter was 80 dollars here, and this set looks about the same size as the Race for the Stolen Treasure with only one fig more. So I'm guessing 50-60 here, but I hope you're right Hollisbrick and it is 40 :cry_happy:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

If you're all talking about this, it's preliminary (German has Patrick from Spongebob's torso - 3 nipples! Plus the cockpit uses the Jedi Starfighter paintjob)

th_p1000901.jpg

Full size

Edited by jp-30

If you're all talking about this, it's preliminary (German has Patrick from Spongebob's torso - 3 nipples! Plus the cockpit uses the Jedi Starfighter paintjob)

th_p1000901.jpg

Full size

Thanks for that high-res picture, jp-30. I really like that oil tanker. By the way, does anyone have any idea of that irange and black thing that Marion is holding?

Thanks for that high-res picture, jp-30. I really like that oil tanker. By the way, does anyone have any idea of that irange and black thing that Marion is holding?

I'd imagine it is the blocks from under the plane wheels. Marion bonked the german pilot on the head with them.

Steve

I'd imagine it is the blocks from under the plane wheels. Marion bonked the german pilot on the head with them.

Steve

Kind of small to be a wheel block (about the size of a 1x1 stud, maybe smaller), but thanks anyway. :classic:

I love this set, the figures are great and the cars, too :) And I'm not a big fan of cars :P Shanghai chase is just great

How much will it cost?

She isn't holding anything, I believe that it's just the other 'side' of her hand. :wink:

She isn't holding anything, I believe that it's just the other 'side' of her hand. :wink:

Ah, I see... whoops. It looked orange rather than (shadowed) flesh, and the blurry black thing is the propeller. Thanks!

I loved that ripped fabric in shangai chase.

The oil tanker is beautiful. but I'm not a fan of the flying wing itself. Oh well maybe when we get high res pic it'll be changed a bit.

I watched the scene again, and it seems that either set of guns is accurate to the film; Lao Che's gang uses hand guns at first, then switch to a Tommy gun for a few seconds before Indy gets the gunner. It would've been nice to get a Tommy gun with the set, but then you'd have batarangs in an Indy set, and nothing to do with them. :wacko: Also, at first I thought the front of the gangster's car looked a bit incomplete, compared to the prototype, but it turns out that the prototype was wrong; there is no front to the fenders/mudguards in the film car. Look here at this pic from theraider.net to see what I mean about that. I can't wait for this set!

I hope we get final pics of the Fight on the Flying Wing set soon.

It would've been nice to get a Tommy gun with the set, but then you'd have batarangs in an Indy set, and nothing to do with them.

What do batarangs have to do with Tommy guns?

PS: 50 more posts and I'm a Citizen (I think)!

Edited by Plutofish08

Anyone notice how the pilot has Speed Racer's head? :tongue:

I'm still shocked by the fact that the Republic (notice the symbol on the cockpit) has aligned themselves with such a cruel political party.

Well the republic didn't see us Canadians going over there They might have aligned with the americans (and Canadians)

back on topic

I watched the chase seen again and Canticleer is right.

I hope we get final pics of the Fight on the Flying Wing set soon.

What do batarangs have to do with Tommy guns?

PS: 50 more posts and I'm a Citizen (I think)!

I don't have any batman sets but I think he is referring to the fact that the Tommy guns are on the same "wheel" (the sprue that the molds are formed on) of parts as the batarang. So to include it you would have to include batarangs.