Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

Is TLC messin with our heads? Look at the box art/instruction-like pic. Look at the figs. Is it just me, or do the black torsos really look broad shouldered? :wacko: Something is going on my head. I think its the new torso design, and the glossy looking black.

Well, I liked the guns in the preliminary better, and I also notice that the badguys have new faces. A shame, I wanted the one with the green glasses (looked a lot like a mad scientist) but... ok, they are good now too. Even though it's a shame about the guns I still want this set bad :thumbup:

Haha it's not often I'm persuaded to buy an Indiana Jones set, but this is fantastic. I love this scene, and the vehicles and minifigs rule. I see no downside in buying this set ^^.

-- Andrex

Well, I liked the guns in the preliminary better, and I also notice that the badguys have new faces. A shame, I wanted the one with the green glasses (looked a lot like a mad scientist) but... ok, they are good now too. Even though it's a shame about the guns I still want this set bad :thumbup:

that's dr octopus's head. He is a mad scientist :-P you can buy it on BL if you want to.

Looking forward to back pics of this set.

TT

I really like this set...it has a ton of suits... :wub: The cars are nice too, I can't wait for this to come out! :sweet:

A great improvement over the prelim shots. I am eagerly awaiting this set! Glad they fixed the outfits (knew they would). They look much better now.

I must add to the voice of dissent. Overall I liked the preliminaries better myself.

Short round and Indy's car do look a little better in some areas - glad the taps are gone - but I don't like the new square wheel arch. The bad guy's truck looked better with a full wheel arch, I liked their suits better first time round and am sorry to see that the Doc Ock face and the guns have been replaced.

Maybe this is more movie accurate (anyone got a picture?) but I was planning to get this to add character to the criminal underbelly of my growing Gotham city collection.

Prelim Car

Movie Car

Final Car

ShanghaiCar2.jpg

ShanghaiCar1.jpg

ShanghaiCar3.jpg

The suits that the bad guys are wearing are much more screen accurate in the final version. The only thing that really jumps out at me is Indy's hat. He didn't have it here (well, in the car's luggage he did. Shows up after he changes on the plane).

About the tuxes, james bond anyone?

But those are the style of tuxes Indy and the gangsters wore in the movie. Remember, Indy was at a nightclub right before this car chase.

But those are the style of tuxes Indy and the gangsters wore in the movie. Remember, Indy was at a nightclub right before this car chase.

What? The white tux looks like James Bond. Whats wrong with saying that?

What? The white tux looks like James Bond. Whats wrong with saying that?

If that was his meaning, then I was mistaken. I took it as a criticism. My bad.

If that was his meaning, then I was mistaken. I took it as a criticism. My bad.

For a second there, I thought you meant he criticised you :tongue:. Anyway, the tux will definitely work for an agent, or even a party attendant. This set will provide much life to future MOCs, in many ways.

Believe it or not, I actually like the new 'Dusenberg' better, especially when you compare it with the reference pic from the movie; the new hood ornament is great too :grin: . The figs are much improved, as well! Indy and Wilie look as expected; Willie seems to have a reversible head with a scream, and Indy both a hat and hair. I'm so glad they didn't reuse Sapito's torso for Short Round, which I thought was the case after the first glance. His face is a little odd, but not unacceptable or unwelcome (he did talk a lot during that scene, so..). The gangsters look even better; it looks that they're going for a cross between the generic gangsters in that car and Lao Che and his son (look at the closer gangster's face; it's clearly Lao Che, what with that mustache!), which is okay with me: I'd rather have black fedoras and new faces, rather than reuse of old faces and no Lao Che and Kao Kan. The car looks better in the back with the new arches: unfortunately, they took out the black flags for the front pontoons, but hey, that piece is easily obtainable, right? I know I have a few lying around. All in all a great set: I really want to get this one! :thumbup:

(Wow, that was a lot longer than I thought it'd be...)

(Why isn't there at least 1 pic of the Flying Wing?)

I was wondering about that too. Hopefully it'll come along soon...

Edited by Canticleer blues

Lol, that Willie head looks like its crying! :laugh: She is a really great figure!

Definitely added to my "Must Buy" list. Great new suit torsos (which perfectly match my black-and-white color scheme faction!), neat builds on the cars, and useful accessories (nuts to you, black Krylon spray-painted Indy fedora!)

I really wanted a tommy gun in Indy.

Yeah, a minifig-compatible "Chicago typewriter" style Tommy gun would be great, wouldn't it? But I mean, who would ever do something like that? :wink:

badger

hmm... looks pretty good, altho I liked the bad guy suits in the preliminary version better...

Same, the old heads were better IMO. Still shall get this set, maybe on sale :cry_happy::thumbup:

I love those cars, but most importantly there will be gangsters! I want them so bad! :pirate:

Me too! this is my favourite aspect of this set! Gangsters! :wub:

I'm most definitely getting this set, even if it is just for the minifigs included. :wink:

This is the main reason I'm getting it too, and if I can afoord it, hopefully two of them. The minifigs are absolutely fantastic, and the best part is that they can ALL be used in my Batman display. Wille can be used as an Iceberg Lounge dancer, Indy's suit for another character and of course the gangsters as gangsters! Inspired! :grin:

About the tuxes, james bond anyone?

Wow! You are right, that is perfect for James Bond, especially Sean Connery who wore that white suit often in his films.

Short-Round's face looks terrible.

I'll reserve my judgment, but I like it. It could be better yes, but it's good enough for me.

Yeah, a minifig-compatible "Chicago typewriter" style Tommy gun would be great, wouldn't it? But I mean, who would ever do something like that? :wink:

Tell me you've made one. If you have I am so buying.

Same, the old heads were better IMO. Still shall get this set, maybe on sale :cry_happy::thumbup:

I disagree, if you want old heads buy old sets, the more heads we get the more variety as well. So I can't find a single thing wrong apart from the guns. Both vehicles will be ever-so-slightly tweaked and added to my Gotham display too, as I love them. This is definitely one of my most anticipated sets!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Well, I also liked the preliminary version of the tan car better. Even though it was less true to the movie original, the front fender and the sides of the engine compartment with the taps looked much better to my eyes. But so what, I'll modify this anyway...

I miss the original guns, too, but at least the figs are all much improved.

My only major problem with this are the modern five-spoke wheels. I think these vehicles would deserve a more retro-looking design.

I'm guessing this is a 20$ USD set. It looks interesting and I may pick it up. I like the older guns better but can always brickarms it.