Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

My House

indexed.gif B-V-7B

Hello everyone, a while ago I decided that I wanted to make a minifig scale MOC of my house. At first, I wanted to do the whole thing, but unfortunately, I can only do a few parts of it (at least for now... :devil:). So, without further ado, here is the first part that I did/ am doing, my bedroom:

An overview:

2680800509_10d5f3c250_o.jpg

My loft bed (the walls are now down):

2681618798_da1a530a47_o.jpg

Back view:

2680800927_5ddbab064c_o.jpg

Colored dresser, where I keep art supplies and junk:

2681619192_ef5c74c244_o.jpg

Front view:

2681619410_2243d9684a_o.jpg

Sky view:

2680801561_0ee570506a_o.jpg

Bulletin board:

2680802171_5d048434ef_o.jpg

My dresser:

2680801991_e643a1bd65_o.jpg

Bookcase, a WIP:

2681619822_91e1938590_o.jpg

I know that you guys don't care what my room looks like (at least I hope you don't...), but please tell me what you think of the MOC itself. Is it accurate? Or not? Thanks. :wink:

Scroll down for more.

Edited by Phred

Good job. Yet, one question. Why isn't there more crap in your MOC? :tongue:

If it is tobe a true representation of your room, add more junk to the floor!!!

J/K. The cabinet of basic colors, good job with that. I was unsure what it was at first til I saw the real picture of your room. Very nice.

Thanks you two! :sweet: Yeah, I know my room is messy... thats a WIP too! :tongue:

I like it. What set is the pillow piece from?

Harry Potter Knight Bus :wink: .

Hey all, I've done some more work on the house.

2793953028_733b26a38f_o.jpg

My room is almost finished. As you can see, I've done the floor. The carpet was really hard, because I had to use big, mostly SNOTted tiles for the dark blue portions, and blue tiles on top. It was difficult because sometimes the blue tiles couldn't be place because of the SNOT parts of the dark blue. On one part, I had to use larger blue pieces to go all the way across the SNOT part, and put a dark blue tile on top, so it looks kind of weird. I also added a ladder on the loft bed (a shame that its's not brown), and improved the bed a bit. I SNOTted the blanket, as well as the junk drawers and top of the walls.

2793953540_6c7bbd0764_o.jpg

I also made the other side of the bed almost the same as the other, but I need the right pieces.

2794033716_e33b2bfe95_o.jpg

I also made the bulletin board better by using a tan plate and attached it sideways to the bottom of the bed.

THE BATHROOM:

I made the (really, really, tiny) bathroom too.

2793104541_18c4c33cf7_o.jpg

SNOTted walls.

2793954232_2e6ce3bc03_o.jpg

Kind of hard to see, but on this side there is a wall mounted cabinet, a toilet underneath, and sink coming out of the wall with a garbage can underneath.

2793105169_362aac44cb_o.jpg

Other side has the hamper.

2793105445_7f7636520a_o.jpg

Finally the shower using a curved lightsaber hilt as a faucet. Complete with glass-block windows and a shower curtain pole (I need to make a shower curtain).

Your feedback is most welcome! :sweet:

Very nice and pretty accurate too, especially that small bathroom looks lovely. :thumbup:

Very nice and pretty accurate too, especially that small bathroom looks lovely. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot! :sweet:

Good MOCs, and an interesting idea. Any plans to do the house exterior?

Thank you, and good question. For now, I am just making the interior, room by room. When they are all done (my ultimate goal), I will put them all together like modular rooms, and perhaps if I want to when I'm done, I will do an exterior, but nothing is planned for that right now.

Also, look out for more soon, I've already started on my basement. :wink:

Very well done, Jim! :thumbup:

SNOTted walls.

This quote made me wonder: Your walls still have the studs on top! :look:

Where did you place the studs sidewarts?

Normal walls all have the studs on their top. I´m confused. :wacko:

Very well done, Jim! :thumbup:

This quote made me wonder: Your walls still have the studs on top! :look:

Where did you place the studs sidewarts?

Normal walls all have the studs on their top. I´m confused. :wacko:

Recently, some people tend to name their creations SNOT when no studs are visible. They just confuse that with "studless".

I was going to build a MF version of my abode, but it's got at least 300 rooms and the mining droids are still excavating inside the mountain - last time I went wandering I found a brand new bowling alley down on sub-level 349.

Good project BTW, I love the little bathroom!

Dr. S.

Recently, some people tend to name their creations SNOT when no studs are visible. They just confuse that with "studless".

I think he was kidding... :wink:

I was going to build a MF version of my abode, but it's got at least 300 rooms and the mining droids are still excavating inside the mountain - last time I went wandering I found a brand new bowling alley down on sub-level 349.

Good project BTW, I love the little bathroom!

Dr. S.

I hope you're not serious on the first part :laugh:. Thanks though.

MOCing your own house is a good idea. Maybe I should give it a try!

Thanks. Yeah, you should try it, it's surprisingly fun! :sweet:

I think he was kidding... :wink:

I think he was serious about that question. As a matter of fact, people these days REALLY are confusing studless with SNOT, especially the younger ones.

Technically, both are right. When no studs are visible on top, the studs are not on top. But SNOT is describing a building technique rather than a certain look.

Nice idea, I might have ago at this. Your MOC is quite good compared to the pictures, but like others have said maybe you could add a bit more cluttler?

Nice idea, I might have ago at this. Your MOC is quite good compared to the pictures, but like others have said maybe you could add a bit more cluttler?

The main thing is the furniture, as that will not change any time soon. :wink:

Nice idea. Your toilet looks alot cleaner in LEGO form though. You don't want to make it too realistic I suppose.

I never gave a reference pic of my bathroom, so how would you know? :tongue:

Guys! Don't forget to check the dates! This thread is two years old. I doubt he's still working on this...

Hmm, did not see that this has been revived. I just took my first look in about a year at this topic while scanning the index.

Indeed, this project is long dead, but seeing these pictures again makes me want to continue. default_laugh_new.gif It probably won't happen for a while, but I will definitely consider picking this back up. It was very fun.