Sign in to follow this  
darkrebellion

The best designed set

Hi, we have discussed which are the worst designed sets and everything seems like the old SI have many votes and I think the same it is too blocky :angry::laugh: so now I think in discuss which is the best designed set :sweet:. Anyone who post could say which and why is the best designed :wink: . For me I think it is the new 7662 Trade Federation MTT because TLC really improve this from the last one and because it have an intelligent build and they really capture the curved shape of it and this without mention the amazing droid rack :cry_happy: .

6210 Sail Barge. Looks sleek, great use of parts (especially the upside down boat pieces), nice selection of figs, sturdy, and an interesting build and great design. I especially like the fact that, unusually for a Star Wars set, it has a voluminous and useful interior, instead of just being a huge ship with a tiny cockpit, or having a large interior that can be difficult to access (like the MTT). It also is a minimally 'technic frame with plates' set and is solid and brick-built. The 7662 MTT would be high up on my list though.

Hmmm

I would say:

4483 AT-AT - just perfect capturing of star wars, amazing set, perfectly made :thumbup:

Every UCS set so far - minus 10143 death star II - i love 'em so much :wub: perfect shape, and every set captures the ship perectly

7662 New MTT was really well done - perfect shape and captured the feeling really well.

6210 Jabba's sail barge - great set, great price, i would say the best first lego set you could give anyone.Not to hard, or easy, but great final model.

6209 Slave 1 This set isn't usally recognised as a 'great set' but it really is.It was a great build and perfect shape

7155 AAT was a really nice set - surprising for so early on in the SW lisence.

7171 Podrace and 7186 watto's junkyard really well designed pod's.

7264 imperial inspection, everything you could ever want, need i say more? :thumbup:

7658 y-wing surprisingly great set - was very well dsigned.

General Grievous's Starfighter: Awesome set, you get 4 lightsabers, an awesome fig, a cool ship... all for only 20 bucks! If you want more reasons to love this, see my review!

Another one would be the Hailfire tank and spider droid... I just love that tank! Especially the dark tan in there. :wub:

The new Republic Gunship. Not out where I live yet, but 5 great figs, a new speeder bike and tons of accesories. Its only downfall is lack of clones, but high hopes for new clone BP

I nominate... Wookiee Attack. It's overlooked, a real beaut in its own way. With a perfect tank, boring and flimsy but still nice Dragonflyer, sweet Spider Droid and two wookiees (as well as two of the usual droids) it seems like the perfect large BP. Two things for each side... a medium tank with spider droid support and two troops... against a small scout flyer with two unarmed wookiees (the only downfall). Overlooked and now overpriced at 100 bucks... but seriously I might buy it again and get the other 3 Kashyyk sets for the first time!

The new MTT is a masterpiece

The old MTT looks like anyone did it

The new one...well, that is what a proffesional builder produces

Its the kind of set that most of us, with all the bricks and time in the world - would never have been able to rival

Of course the origianl AT-AT, it came at a time when Lego still wasn't where it needed to be on quality builds - but the AT-AT showed what was to come, a stunning stunning set

I must say without fail, all sets since 2005 have been of fantastic quality - acruate, well designed and with great features

2005 was really the turning point - up to them we had some dodgy designs, thats why I am delighted by all these revised sets - a chance for them to be done right (thank god we are getting a new AT-TE!)

GG's starfighter and the 10134 UCS Y-Wing. the GG starfighter is pretty much minifig scale and comes with loads of good parts, and the Y-Wing is very detailed and accurate.

Why does this topic have so fewer replies than the one to name your least fave star wars set? I put my hand up for my responses adding to that list, but I will make up for it a little here. In no particular order, the 6212 X-Wing, so sturdy , great wing moving mechanism and to much better scale than the original X-wing, the 6207 A-wing, sleek, so swooshable and movie accurate, well as close as Lego is gona get and the 4500 snowspeeder, it doesn't look big but it is so solid and not a sticker in sight.

Why does this topic have so fewer replies than the one to name your least fave star wars set?

Because this thread is newer, and because it's so hard to decide - they're ALL so good! :cry_happy:

My fav set of all time is the Mos Espa Podrace! :wub: You get three big, highly detailed Pods; almost all minifigs from the Episode 1 wave + Sebulba, Gasgano, and pit droids; and a whole bunch of parts you don't get anywhere else! The only downsides are that they don't actually hover :tongue: and are therefore kinda hard to swoosh, and that the energy beams are orange instead of purple/pink. :sadnew:

It's a great set and I still regret having taken it apart! :cry_sad: Also, there are some personal reasons why I like this set so much. One of them is that I just love Podracing! :cry_happy: The other is that I got this set from my parents for getting a good grade in math, so I have even more reason to be proud to own it! :sweet:

Podracing ON! :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Hmm hard choice but i narrowed it down to just 2 sets

6207 A-Wing: small size, good playability, good value for money & hey its cute! [this is one of my many SW ships i need to rebuild! hmm i will go try and find the pieces today!]

http://brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=6207-1

7671 AT-AP Walker: I still want this great set :wub: it just looks so awesome!!!

http://brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=7671-1

I know these arent the typical best designed set ever sets most people would choose the new CW Sets or something i would two but i also like these.....

i think the 7662 MTT its in my cupboard everytime i open the door

i still go WOW! its a really great set + design

Although almost every set since Episode III has been great (not counting Vader Transformation or Ultimate Lightsaber Duel), my favourites are:

7261 Clone Turbo Tank - Nice minifigs, great features, and a well-made tank. And, you can find some of these for nice prices.

7665 Republic Cruiser - Looks so stunning. :wub:

7676 Republic Gunship - Can't wait to get this one. :grin:

7681 Homing Spider Droid - This was one of the most important things that TLC skipped from AOTC so it's great that it's finally being done. Unfortunately, it's limited edition. :hmpf:

There have been quite a few really good sets, but the new MTT gets my vote for best. I couldn't in good conscience vote for a set that's not out yet (DS, RGS), and the Sail Barge, while excellent, isn't quite as good as the MTT.

An honorable mention should go to the second Slave I, if only for those great minifigs.