Sign in to follow this  
darkrebellion

The worst designed set

Hi, I just was looking around my collection and start to think that the TLC have some bad designed sets even if I think all the sets have them positive points. I just want to know which one do you think is the worst designed set, why and how you think TLC could improve it :classic: . For me the worst is the General Grievous chase because it is really <insert that tiresome argument> and the wheel bike just looks like some random pieces put together, if I am TLC I probably have done a wheel bike set itseld for around 30 bucks of course with an Utapau trooper, Obi-Wan and Grievous and maybe with a better designed boga (The one TLC create simply looks like :sick: .

Edited by darkrebellion

The Sith Infiltrator. waaaaaaaayyyy to fragile, at least for me. I think TLG could improve it by attaching the cockpit to the hull better.

The Sith Infiltrator. waaaaaaaayyyy to fragile, at least for me. I think TLG could improve it by attaching the cockpit to the hull better.

Are you talking about the new or old Sith Infiltrator? The worst designed set for me was the original (7151 I think) Sith Infiltrator, it kept coming apart in big sections or the stand pieces would fall off. I wasn't that concerned by the blocky look but the falling apart annoyed me so much I sold it as I like to swoosh my ships around rather than just sit them on a shelf.

The Wookiee catamaran was a pain as well with the side pieces falling off continually but the clone troopers hovercraft thing in it was awesome.

Hey, Im not saying this set is he worst but it had its downfalls. The old AT-TE. Its legs could barely hold up its own weight. And i would alwayse collapse. I had to use super glue. I liked the rest of it though.

The Millennium Falcon 4504. By far the worst SW set I ever owned - I sold it as it was so annoying. You only had to look at it and all the plates that flipped down to form the roof would instantly fall off. If the real MF was that delicate we'd still be living in the shadow of Empire.

I didn't find the AT-TE too bad, as at least you could reinforce the side plates that swung out, so they weren't too flimsy.

The old AT-TE was stupid because it was built way too squat and the legs barely moved. You couldn't play with it. It looked okay, though, so it's not the worst set ever.

Personally I hated the entire first wave of SW. All of the models were so flimsy.

The old AT-TE was stupid because it was built way too squat and the legs barely moved. You couldn't play with it. It looked okay, though, so it's not the worst set ever.

Personally I hated the entire first wave of SW. All of the models were so flimsy.

I agree that there wasn't a lot of play value in the AT-TE but it did look good and was fairly stable, unlike the clone turbo tank which potentially had more playability but I had a lot of trouble with wheels coming off when I played with it, also it was basically a technic set with plates chucked over it and I'm not a big fan of technic.

The Millennium Falcon 4504. By far the worst SW set I ever owned - I sold it as it was so annoying. You only had to look at it and all the plates that flipped down to form the roof would instantly fall off.

Oh I forgot about the trauma of building the 4504, so many times large parts of it collapsed on me while building, it was a really unenjoyable build and I too sold mine off and opted to get an older 7190 falcon instead.

Edited by hewman

Either the Sandcrawler or Jango Fetts Slave 1. JF Slave 1 because I couldnt even finish it! And SC because the thing kept falling apart because of the poorly designed base.

Either the Sandcrawler or Jango Fetts Slave 1. JF Slave 1 because I couldnt even finish it! And SC because the thing kept falling apart because of the poorly designed base.

I think Lego recognised that there was some problems with the slave 1, if you look at brickshelf under 7153 you will find some instructions to make the modifications needed to make it a much sturdier ship, it only costs a couple dollars at most in pieces to do this.

Have any of you guys even been alive scince 1999 :tongue:

All the sets your talking about arn't THAT bad at all!

Half them aint even that old :wacko: And the old sets are the worst :thumbdown::tongue:

IMO the worst sets so far:

Original droid fighter - Because it was very bulky - and in no way areodinamic (SP?), not very sleek to look at :thumbdown:

Jabba's palace - was a complete waste of time - it could have been a fine set - if they had taken any time to think about how to make it instead of puting down a bunch of flats then a load of 4H beams then another bunch of flats and a place to stick jabba. Oh, sure they managed a very average opening that could "fold out" - to look even more pathetic :thumbdown:

Podrace bucket - (i have inside info on this set... :laugh: - no, for real actully :thumbup: )This set was very different- it wasn't exactly aimed at collectors - it was aimed at really young kids - but prehaps hats WHY i dont like it - and as a star wars completist - i still own it - and ou asked - so i answered...

Original MTT - just wasn't enough thought put into it - I think scince lego was still not sure what approch SW collectors would take to lego, they didnt want to realse great bi sets unless they expected to sell them - thats why lego seem to be releasing more big sets these days - because they know, well , expect, they'll sell 'em.Bit back to this set :tongue: it was definatly aimed at a smaller price point, and thats what you get for your money - but if they had put more into it, i'm sure people would have got a lot more out of it Cough*7662 Newer MTT* Cough :wink:

All the technic sets - well we all knew it this line was a waste of time from the beginning, its almost impssible to make anything From TECHNIC to resemble any person/robot, hey, they tried - i'll give 'em that - but sorry, the sets never looked any good or anything like what they're sopposed to look like. :thumbdown:

--Legoman--

Edited by legoman

All the technic sets - well we all knew it this line was a waste of time from the beginning, its almost impssible to make anything From TECHNIC to resemble any person/robot, hey, they tried - i'll give 'em that - but sorry, the sets never looked any good or anything like what they're sopposed to look like. :thumbdown:

--Legoman--

Agreed. One look at those things and is was like 'What the hell is wrong with that set!?'

Edited by Axel

For some reason hearing the Turbo Tank being called a pile of technic and a bunch of plates... makes me loves it even more. :grin: I'm going to pick mine up soon.

But moving on...

Honestly, I don't have many poorly designed sets. But... I've got to say Gungan Patrol wins my vote. It came in a large value pack thank goodness. It was pretty much two decent but very large juniorization animals with two rare gungans hauling around... a rolling box. And for a box that big? It had a few tiny bombs. Smart move. It was extremely blocky and honestly not practical. Not that anything in Episode I was practical other than that nice MTT and the kick-brick ATT, Gungan Sub and Flash Speeder.

The worst set is Millenium Falcon.(The hoth version,not the giant and not the old!)

The roof parts (or whatever you call them!) fall of if you just look at it!

My friend bought it and we never was alowed to touch it.

But the escape pod and landing bridge was awesome!

I totally agreed with Svelte_Corps.

and I also liked the AT-TE! included four clones and a speeder bike.

Worst designed set has to be Rogue Shadow. I dont even have this set but i know this because my freind has it.

Reasons:

1. It falls apart all the time.

2. the Hull is practically empty and can be seen through from the bottom.

3. the cockpit only holds one minifig. (unless you MOD it)

Also any sets that come with LUL characters. I mean they completly ruined Luminara with it

I only have one Star Wars set, the Imperial Dropship, and I think the design is quite moronic. The whole idea of the vessel is just absurd: how can you travel in a platform that has no railings or walls without falling off? And doesn't the vessel need to land anyway to "drop" the platform? And wouldn't it have some serious balance issues if it was real?

Plus the minifigs with their black heads are quite cheap as well, in my opinion. Of course, it is a relatively inexpensive set, anyway... But it feels like an afterthought, really.

(PS. I didn't buy it myself, it was a gift from my sweet boyfriend, who's a bit clueless when it comes to LEGO.)

Edited by Sandy

The worst set is Millenium Falcon.(The hoth version,not the giant and not the old!)

The roof parts (or whatever you call them!) fall of if you just look at it!

My friend bought it and we never was alowed to touch it.

But the escape pod and landing bridge was awesome!

I totally agreed with Svelte_Corps.

and I also liked the AT-TE! included four clones and a speeder bike.

I originally wanted to buy this cause i thought it was a great set, but this might change my mind. I still think it looks much better than the old one, though. Is it really THAT fragile? I can't really imagine, cause most of the reviews at brickset are very positive, and on the pictures it doesn't look like it's falling apart easily either. :sceptic:

I think this is the ultimate lightsaber duel

7257-1.jpg

The base really don't look like the mustafar base, anakin and obi wan are light-up minifigures and there are some staff to move them from distance like in the ancient soccer sets.

Worst designed set has to be Rogue Shadow. I dont even have this set but i know this because my freind has it.

Reasons:

1. It falls apart all the time.

2. the Hull is practically empty and can be seen through from the bottom.

3. the cockpit only holds one minifig. (unless you MOD it)

Also any sets that come with LUL characters. I mean they completly ruined Luminara with it

What do you do to that poor AWESOME BLACK KICKASS starship to make it fall apart all the time? :devil:

Mine never falls apart; it's quite swooshable and it has lots of neat features.

I have to say Jango's Slave 1. One day, several years ago, my brother dropped it on a hardwood( :sing: ) floor and it shattered into a thousand pieces. Never built it again, simply because I didn't want that to happen again and I couldn't find half the pieces. :sadnew:

Jango Fett's Slave I. Fell apart way too easily. Every time you touched it, parts would come off. The new Slave I was was better.

I think this is the ultimate lightsaber duel

7257-1.jpg

The base really don't look like the mustafar base, anakin and obi wan are light-up minifigures and there are some staff to move them from distance like in the ancient soccer sets.

I totally agree. This set was absolutely awful. :wacko:

I would have to say the yoda vs count dooku set. Oh yes, the figs were great but the actual build- very poor. :thumbdown:

Edited by Natman4000

I would have to say the origional naboo starfighter, the design was completely horrable and it looked nothing like the ship. :hmpf_bad:

BTW in the Yoda Dooku duel, did anyone ever find out what that little jumble of technic peices was for?

Reading through these, i gotta wonder what you guys are doing to your Star Wars sets to make them fall apart so easily, although I'll grant that Jango's Slave 1 was pretty flimsy. Can't understand the hate for the Hoth MF...I have 3 of em.

I'd have to go with Ultimate Light Saber Duel as well...not their best effort. And all the black and blue TIE cubes...could've been much better.

I only started collecting Star Wars LEGO in 2006 so Im only gonna comment on the sets that I have.

The worst designed set has to be the drop ship: Its just a bunch of left over pieces thrown together as an excuse to sell the battlepacks.