VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Oh nvm

I think this might be a comabt thing y'know it seems alot like 2001 y'know which is good

Nice one dude, but could you put found by Pencoin? prehaps cause I did post em first i think :laugh:.

Well I was the first to report the dinosaur and the rider and the Matoran.

And here's an opinion on the new hand pieces - I don't like them. For three reasons. One, they seem too much like the hands from the Knight's Kingdom megafigs. Two, they're less useful than the hand pieces that worked for the last eight years - they've got less connection points and are bigger. And three, they feel like a bit of a cop-out to me. Take Tuma for example, he's Brutaka sized I'd reckon, but he's got these tiny tiny hands. Whereas Axonn, Brutaka, Hydraxon, even Sidorak. The designers took the time to give them all fingers that worked. But now there's the one piece fits all hand.

Edited by hewkii9

Skrall is so inconceivably badass! I love him!

Oh, and Berix has a transparent mask! And all have nature images for backgrounds! Like 2001!

Plus sides:

-Looks very elemental

-Good names

-Many look pretty darn badass (Skrall!)

-Most have new builds for torsos, though made primarily of old pieces

-BROWN!

-Nice backgrounds with ancient structures

-Nice masks

-New heads?

-Looks like four eye colors- Red, light green, blue, dark green

-Little guys look like good sidekicks, having similar designs as big sets

Downsides:

-Legs still a bit bland

-Some still use recycled bodies entirely- Why?

-Projectiles boring and rehashed... At least I probably will take many of them off, as I often do

Undecided:

-Hands...?

I hoped that there will be new feet... I never get what I want.))

I like the way these sets look like mix between 2001-2008 bionicles (Matoran universe inhabitants) and something new (I suppose these new hand pieces adds very much to this look). But "new" projectiles... Looks like they are zamors with spikes. So, they are not monolithic. And what does that mean? Yeah. All these spikes will be lost after shooting this weapon.

Tarix and Skrall weapons = win. They look EPIC. Especially Tarix's.

Strakk and Malum will be the first ones I buy (I like red bad guys!), then I will get Gresh. I hope his name isn't derivated from our Russian word which means "sin" XD

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lokosupe...ay/p1000927.jpg

See that thing in the bottom right corner? That's a game piece. >_<

Heh, let's wait 'till we see anyone who hates'em)) I already got some noobs who don't like'em and cannot explain why. How is it called? "BZP syndrome"?
Skrall - Spikes on shield look dumb, silver blaster is silver, sword things are awesomewin.

Gresh - Eh, I hate dkgreen and lime together.

Tarix - I don't like the head and the torso's full of holes.

Strakk - Okay fine, this is cool.

Vorox - I love you, LEGO.

Maium - Boring.

Atakus - See Strakk.

Raanu - That's supposed to be a shield?

Tarduk - Lots of recolors. Nice to see lime Onua claws again - mine broke.

Berix - Are those metallic blue Mata feet?

Metus - Two-piece, ice shield is classic.

Zesk - :wub:

Tuma - Like, cancer? Gunmetal is good, game pieces hanging off arms are not.

F&S - Boring, essentially a titan set with a dragon head.

Overall-

-Game pieces are WTF?

-Spiky Zamor are ridiculous.

-I dislike most of the Kaonhi.

-I'm tired of Toa Inika now, LEGO. You can stop.

-The less than expected silver crap makes me happy.

-Those hands need to go die.

-01-03 colors <3

-Lack of new "basic" pieces is disturbing.

Hi Rayg i rember seeing your sprite sheet nice to see you here, Im glad i didnt get any mistaker lol :thumbup:.

Why are you getting yourself banned on BZ--

Oh wait, I did that too. :tongue:

Anyway, I *LOVE* some of these too. Haven't been this excited about Bionicle in forever. Strakk and Vorox and Zesk are so much win...

And tan is *the* perfect color for stone! :sweet:

-Ikk

Oh, you got banned too? Well, maybe if all the hip cool-cats are doing it, I should.

I like tan, but it's too little, too late for me - Keetyellow and orange didn't work, and apart from the Phantoka, I haven't really been into any line since the Piraka.

I have mixed feelings about these sets - mainly because they continue to use the Inika designs, and once again there are no new limb parts. Why does TLC keep using the same designs? I really want to see more of the originality we saw in 2007. :sceptic:

On the other hand, the overall look of the sets is AWESOME! The masks and weapons are simply amazing, and the colors are so win in every way. Speaking of which, while there is a lack of new basic molds, there are more recolored pieces here than in any previous year. I don't like that they are reusing the Av-Matoran design, but I DO like that they are all in new colors. :sweet:

Oh, and I'm not sold on the titans, but still - 2009 is really looking good! :thumbup:

Yeah im really loving them they rock my favoirite is definaltey Zesk

Edited by Pencoin

Oh man, this is just sweet. Too sweet. Might be a dream? No, luckily no. I'm glad I haven't been able to spend any money on 2008 Sets after seeing this. I also damn the guy who took the pics for not letting the text show up, since I could have read it.

EDIT: Also, the game piece is a Life Counter.

Edited by Nightmare

Was your friend the one that scanned them in? If so, ask what the line of small sets were called. Are they Matoran?

GO TO BRICKSHELF TO SEE PICS OF THE 2009 BIONICLES NNNNNNOWWWWWWW

I HAVE ALREADY SAVED UP

i dont know why but looking at thoose pics i feel that bionicle should drop the makuta idea for a bit

the baddies look so un makuta like and it looks the wrong style more olden day bionicle

does any body agree?

GO TO BRICKSHELF TO SEE PICS OF THE 2009 BIONICLES NNNNNNOWWWWWWW

I HAVE ALREADY SAVED UP

i dont know why but looking at thoose pics i feel that bionicle should drop the makuta idea for a bit

the baddies look so un makuta like and it looks the wrong style more olden day bionicle

does any body agree?

Those aren't makuta. Everything from 01 and on is forgotten in 2009. ;)

Dude I can't even explain how all of these are. :cry_happy:

New torso peice on the Ice toa,sweet. New peices every where Except the damn ignika torsos on some. I wonder what the heads will look like?

The scorpion guys are fantastic those are gonna be my first ones next year. Tuma looks badass except the name(like all have said) sounds like tumor. Why lego? For all of you that like melee weapons thank mata nui their back. Those zamors creep me out haha. The dinosaur riding matoran? looks awesome. Now the Question is Where is Mata Nui so we can all yell,scream and kick at LEGO for making him look like that? :tongue: Ill shut up now :grin: (sorry for spelling)

EDIT: spelling fixed

Edited by Commander Andrew of 501 st