VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

EXCLUSIVE 2009 SET INFORMATION:

Mata Nui - 5 pcs, 29.99.

The spirit of Mata Nui is strong, stronger than anything else the Toa Nuva have seen! Now he fights beside them, his power growing as the Nuva defeat more enemies... and slowly he is brought back to health. Includes 50 pound rock, marker and Midak Skyblaster! Rock compatable with Bionicle Parts!

Preorder this set for January 2009 at Bob's Corner-Store-You've-Never-Heard-Of-On-Some-Deserted-Turn-On-The-401-Highway-In-Toronto-Ontario-Canada.

Order Mata Nui - 5 pcs, 29.99 NOW with Sarcasm - 209 pieces, 39.99 and save absolutely nothing!

EXCLUSIVE 2009 SET INFORMATION:

Mata Nui - 5 pcs, 29.99.

The spirit of Mata Nui is strong, stronger than anything else the Toa Nuva have seen! Now he fights beside them, his power growing as the Nuva defeat more enemies... and slowly he is brought back to health. Includes 50 pound rock, marker and Midak Skyblaster! Rock compatable with Bionicle Parts!

Preorder this set for January 2009 at Bob's Corner-Store-You've-Never-Heard-Of-On-Some-Deserted-Turn-On-The-401-Highway-In-Toronto-Ontario-Canada.

Order Mata Nui - 5 pcs, 29.99 NOW with Sarcasm - 209 pieces, 39.99 and save absolutely nothing!

Heaven help us if that happens. :laugh:

that would really suck if he was a set, since it kind of eliminates the mystery and gives him ONE main form.i dought theyd do that, though.

"no, he told me to kill the bus driver."

jifel

something i'd like in 2009:

The world resets, blasting us back to 2001, but in a Dark tower-esque twist, takua/takanuva has something that will stop makuta from knocking out mata nui in the first place.

I don't know if I'd like that, though, because then all of the Bionicle storyline is kind if erased up until that part. :P

If they ever make a Mata Nui figure, they could risk loosing the hardcore, older fans. But I have a plan for making the risk slimmer.

No goofy launchers.

I don't know if I'd like that, though, because then all of the Bionicle storyline is kind if erased up until that part. :P

I like it, because all of the Bionicle storyline's kind of erased from 2001.

If they ever make a Mata Nui figure, they could risk loosing the hardcore, older fans.

:laugh: Which is at best 0.0002% of the entire fanbase. Actually, that's probably optimistic.

But with Bionicle's story, there's always the chance of Mata Nui's spirit entering another body...

-Ikk

Actually, it'd be like a bagel. it loops around. the best way i can explain it is with a quote:

"anything that happens, happens.

Anthing that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.

Anything, that in happening, causes itself to happen, happens again.

it doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though."

Or, they could show the impact of the storyline in a alternate universe with different charicters, I.E Takua doesn't become takanuva, Jallar stays dead after getting rahkshi'd, etc...

i'd also like it if they made the movies less narm-y.

Edited by maiq the liar

i mean, i like the movies but i just Can't take them seriously (particularly after the scene where it only takes the death of jallaer for it to strike takua to do the most obvious thing possible. and It's what friends do)

i mean, i like the movies but i just Can't take them seriously (particularly after the scene where it only takes the death of jallaer for it to strike takua to do the most obvious thing possible. and It's what friends do)

:tongue: Oblivion take you maiq, I think you've made your point.

2008 isn't so bad so far, IMO.

It's interesting.

BUT THEN AGAIN... The Dark Knight totally made me forget about it.

I guess it's not so interesting.

-ZotS

I think the Dark Knight is making everybody forget about anything that came before it, including Batman Begins. :tongue:

I think the Dark Knight is making everybody forget about anything that came before it, including Batman Begins. :tongue:

I don't know, I mean someone's gotta have thought - 'oh that's where I remember that fellow that Cillian Murphy played from! i was wondering about that.'

I don't know, I mean someone's gotta have thought - 'oh that's where I remember that fellow that Cillian Murphy played from! i was wondering about that.'

True, although most everybody keeps saying that the Dark Knight far outclasses Batman Begins. But nevermind, as this is way off topic. :tongue:

Anyway, another little tibit of info that Greg gave was that the concept of "masks of power" will play a role in 2009. Okay, so on the first sight, it sounds like a repeat of the last few years - but I'm thinking it may actually be more like the first three years, since Greg has said that 2009 is going back to the original Bionicle feeling. :wink:

Bionicle went down in story in 2005. I liked 04', but not as much as Mata Nui. Still, one of Bionicle's last good story years. The Vahki had potential, but the Toa were fine and the Titans were top quality if you ask me. Ultimate Dume... my favourite model, ever built, for Bionicle. If I could be anyone... I'd be the lanky but super-powerful Ultimate Dume. Yeah baby.

You know, I think the first half of 2006 is underappreciated. Once the Inika arrived it degenerated into constant combat, but the first half had quite a good mysterious feel. We didn´t know where the Piraka were from or who they were, but we knew they were evil beings posing as Toa (I thought that was very clever). Plus the Matoran characters were adorable!

They were a lot like 2001 characters, especially Velika. His stories and fables gave a nice mythical feel to the story and he played a part we hadn´t seen much of since the Turaga dropped out of the spotlight. Garan was nice as well. Dalu and Balta even had a bit of chemistry between them that reminded me of a downplayed Maku/Huki relationship.

Not to mention how tribal the Piraka looked. They looked more Polynesian to me than the classic Toa, actually.

The story with Karzahni was very nice as well.

The second half had some good parts, too, like Vezon and the battle between Axonn and Brutaka, but overall it kind of went stale. Still, I loved those first few months.

I think that '04 was Bionicle's best year - great sets, completely new story but it still has mystery, the Vahki [loved 'em], Makuta becoming even more dangerous, and I liked the idea of high-tech Bionicle. Plus it had the second Bionicle movie [in my opinion the best one].

My favorites, in order, were, 2001>2002>2003>2004>2006>2007>2008>2005

2001 was the best year of any story ever.