VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Just for fun and for those who thought announcer in Glatorian commercials was awful :D

Our Russian versions are waaaay cooler.

But, please, DON'T joke about you'll-know-what-word in one of these videos, I've already had enough comments about it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo_19E6T7Eg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkL4U63jIHg

That announcer is way better, but they had to substitute the cooler Glatorian music and sound effects in order to dub the commercial with the new narration. :sceptic:

It was very good, yes. I got it yesterday.

The colorist was better as well. The night-scenes looked fantastic and, though there were still a lot of dull colors, there were scenes with nice blue skies as well. (A blue sky is something we've been lacking for quite some time.)

I'll say it again - 2009 has the best Bionicle comics since 2001, if not the best Bionicle comics ever. The art is superb, the colors are vivid, and for the first time in a while, the story in the comics is all new and takes preference over lame puns. It's a winning formula, and I hope they keep it this way. :thumbup:

Edited by Grevious

I'll say it again - 2009 has the best Bionicle comics since 2001, if not the best Bionicle comics ever. The art is superb, the colors are vivid, and for the first time in a while, the story in the comics is all new and takes preference over lame puns. It's a winning formula, and I hope they keep it this way. :thumbup:

Yeah, the puns weren't too pfunny, I think. They got dull after a while, but the colorist really is great, and Mhan is my favorite artist so far. I hope the comics stay this way.

Awesome parts summary of Skopio:

- At least 12 hollow ball joints

- Sixteen piston pieces

- Sixteen "Kolhii Matoran" foot connectors (the L-shaped piece on the pistons)

- 8 mini Hewkii blades

- Lots of track pieces

- At least 8 of the (O +) pieces, likely more

- 8 large click-joints

- 8 "Axalara panels"

- 8 of the new style of "Throwbot foot"

- Many, many beams and liftarms

do waaant

Also I've decided I also want the Cendox. Snowmobile FTW.

Titans look rather uninteresting to me. But, since I like 09's storyline, I may wind up picking up one of them if they're cheap.

...so needless to say, I won't be getting any.

It was very good, yes. I got it yesterday.

The colorist was better as well. The night-scenes looked fantastic and, though there were still a lot of dull colors, there were scenes with nice blue skies as well. (A blue sky is something we've been lacking for quite some time.)

I say this as an on again off again artist who desires to be a comic guy someday...

I love Mhan's artistic rendering, but I hate his layouts and pacing. He'll do a huge angled shot of a character and then try to squeeze three tiny frames around it to explain the following action. It's claustrophobic, and I think he's trying way too hard to break the "norm" without being any more effective in his delivery. I remember in the first comic he had this x-shape going on with his panels, and I was just like, what the heck is that supposed to be.

Ah well, it's still good stuff.

I say this as an on again off again artist who desires to be a comic guy someday...

I love Mhan's artistic rendering, but I hate his layouts and pacing. He'll do a huge angled shot of a character and then try to squeeze three tiny frames around it to explain the following action. It's claustrophobic, and I think he's trying way too hard to break the "norm" without being any more effective in his delivery. I remember in the first comic he had this x-shape going on with his panels, and I was just like, what the heck is that supposed to be.

Ah well, it's still good stuff.

I'll still take this guy over the megablocks we usually have. The art used to be so bad, I have teenage friends who could do better. Not to mention the horrible editing that missed huge coloring mistakes and had speech bubbles pointing to the wrong character. Wow.

Bionicle comics have taken a nice step in the right direction.

I figured it out!

Mata Nui Gathers up his Glatorian, defeats Tuma, and takes command of the Skrall. They take all the giant Lego Pieces and salvage a gigantic Space Ship from it after discovering that Bara Magna is about to explode from Sun-Rays.

They then fly away from the place and arrive at a Gas Giant where the ship breaks down. Nearby in the gaseous rings around the planet Mata Nui finds a bunch of technologically-advanced Matoran-like beings who fly around on Gliders. In their society they use the great Kanohi masks as totems, and Mata Nui recognizes this. In an attempt to obtain some engineers to repair the ship, our golden hero gets dragged into the annual race championship and uncovers a secret energy smuggling ring.

Of course, Mata Nui discovers this and teams up with the locals to defeat some crazy dude who then dies, but not before setting the gas rings on fire in a chain reaction or something. So, the surviving Engineertoran hop on board with the Glatorian, and help rebuild the ship to full functionality.

Then, Mata Nui returns to his body with the navigation software, and transforms the ship into a giant robot to distract Teridax for long enough that his Glatorian, Skrall, and Engineertoran troops can invade and rescue all the captives. The group of Toa, Matoran, Dark Hunters, Skakdi, Glatorian, Skrall, and Engineertoran all follow Mata Nui's plan to shut down Makuta, then Mata Nui yanks him out and throws him into a black hole.

Finally, and with a bunch of new blood to replace all those Teridax had killed, Mata Nui sets off again on his mission.

Whatever that is.

anyone else notice the headless Skrall that tries to attack Raanu in the new comic?

...hilarious

-Z

Edited by Zarathos

anyone else notice the headless Skrall that tries to attack Raanu in the new comic?

...hilarious

-Z

Holy Crap! I didn't notice that. I guess Skrall are like roaches*. They can live without heads.

*I'm thinking of roaches, right?

...hilarious

-Z

He has a head, you can see the underside of it below his left arm. It's hard to see, but the back part is also there, kind of tucked below his right shoulder-spike.

Guys, he has a head. Look closely.

For those who don't want to look for the pic in question, here.

~Bunda

Edit: *shakes fist at wrink*

Edited by Bundalings

He's not headless. It's just hidden behind his shoulders etc.

edit: slowpokefrlg.png

Edited by Bfahome

headlessskrall.jpg

As Bunda said, he does have a head, but it's so unnaturally obscured that we can assume it's not there. :laugh:

SOMETHING RANDOM FOR A RANDOM SITUATION

RANDOM SCREENS :D

If someone ask why i did that...2 REASONS:

1-HD images for all

2-Complete randomess for all

Edited by Antrozek

Argh! Please link them pictures so we don't need to load them if we don't have broadband! :cry_sad:

Thanks for HD though. :classic:

I'll still take this guy over the megablocks we usually have. The art used to be so bad, I have teenage friends who could do better. Not to mention the horrible editing that missed huge coloring mistakes and had speech bubbles pointing to the wrong character. Wow.

Bionicle comics have taken a nice step in the right direction.

You mean the stuff from Sayger? Yeah, he got pretty bad in the end, not for lack of talent, just laziness. Remember some of his work on the first comic, really nice looking stuff, but it became pretty clear early on he was tired of Bionicle. Wish we had gotten rid of him before 07.

Hope you don't mean Gallagher. He had some poor special effects once and again but he's been incredibly consistent stylistically and his characters were fairly good. Still a few layout issues, but nothing like what Mhan has been up to.

Or if you meant Elliot, then I totally agree. His art was so pedantic it would put me to sleep.

Zatrom, I think you'd better change your avatar.

Would it hurt too much to ask what it was?

Ah, there's my gold Mata Nui I was looking for. Still wanting Cendox. I ♥ snowmobiles. Plus the helm is pretty decent.

SOMETHING RANDOM FOR A RANDOM SITUATION

RANDOM SCREENS :D

Thank you for posting those, Antrozek. I must say - I have no idea why everyone thought they looked so terrible at the begining. Honestly, I think the new style is absolutely gorgeous. The scenery is amazing, and Mata Nui looks wonderful in gold. I don't even care that he's pretty much like the set. :thumbup: