VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

I don't suppose that if TLC made a Mata nui that it would be like this?

7clara2f.jpg

THAT would be a way to make 2009.

Indeed. All that model needs is a gold and while color scheme, and he would be the ultimate set. Unfortunately, due to the size and the total lack of shooter mechanisms, we'll never see anything close to that. :sadnew:

What a great model, hopefully Greg's reading this right now.

Heh, nope. Greg most likely isn't allowed to get near this site because it constantly discusses every leak that ever comes out of TLC. :tongue:

It was a concept video displaying plans for some islands to make up Mata nui. I beive it is on You tube. Perhaps search "bionicle 08 concept video"

I'll just mention Greg, even though we're talking about the sets, just for the hell of it.

Greg.

I'll just mention Greg, even though we're talking about the sets, just for the hell of it.

And, because we're on the topic of Greg, I'll mention haphazard shoddy gimmick-based set design just so I can incite controversy.

So, guys, anyone heard the latest in what I already mentioned but won't again because it's a bother to type?

And, because we're on the topic of Greg, I'll mention haphazard shoddy gimmick-based set design just so I can incite controversy.

So, guys, anyone heard the latest in what I already mentioned but won't again because it's a bother to type?

And that is?

I don't suppose that if TLC made a Mata nui that it would be like this?

7clara2f.jpg

I Can Haz Mata-Nui? :laugh:

That thing is epic . I want it now, and right next to jetrax and axalara :grin:

I think 2009 will explore the dark mirror universes

I Can Haz Mata-Nui? :laugh:

That thing is epic . I want it now, and right next to jetrax and axalara :grin:

I think 2009 will explore the dark mirror universes

NO. Greg said that 2009's not in the Dark Mirror universe. Or any alternate universes. Remember, we haven't explored the entire BIONICLE Planet yet.

And that giant dude is one heck of an MOC. The mother of all MOCs. I mean, it's about 29 inches high!

Not yet im afraid we only know one of em is called Vastus

Actually, Vastus is not confirmed. It could be a simple typo, or it could be amazon coming up with their own ideas again. :)

Have any of you found any videos or trailers about the Bionicle '09?

Ahhh, there's already like a dozen such "videos" on YouTube. I think it's some kinda contest - who make better (or just funnier) guess about future.

Actually, Vastus is not confirmed. It could be a simple typo, or it could be amazon coming up with their own ideas again. :)

Well, as I recall, Greg said just "there's no one called Vastus in this book." So yeah, it can be a placeholder, or it can be real set/character, whose name Greg/LEGO replaced in the last moment.

Ahhh, there's already like a dozen such "videos" on YouTube. I think it's some kinda contest - who make better (or just funnier) guess about future.

Well, as I recall, Greg said just "there's no one called Vastus in this book." So yeah, it can be a placeholder, or it can be real set/character, whose name Greg/LEGO replaced in the last moment.

Or Vastus could appear in a different book.

Yes, it is very likely he is, it just isn't confirmed. He may or may not exist. So we shouldn't talk about it as if it is a confirmed character yet.

Yes, it is very likely he is, it just isn't confirmed. He may or may not exist. So we shouldn't talk about it as if it is a confirmed character yet.

But when did Amazon released placeholder names? I think such names won't make it out outside LEGO.

And what else can we discuss here, if this book description is the only spoiler we have?

Wow, where did you get this?

Serious lolage at some of the names, Ackar, Stronius, Gresh, certainly is a new naming scheme. My guess for the sets- Romans versus Orcs.

CORE 12/Mata Nui

There are 12 core sets.

The canisters are the "core" of any year, and there are usually 12 in a year.

Mata Nui is a core set.

Mata Nui...a canister set...mind blown.

~Trexxen

I'm gonna guess, judging by those names, that the arc is gonna be all about Great Spirits/Beings. Greg said Mata Nui is millions of feet tall, or whatever, so all the other canisters must be the same size. Also, I think Greg said next year would give us a wider view of the universe. It makes sense to me...

I am so pumped now!

~Bunda