Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Princess Quest Chapter IV: Passings

indexed.gif

A new chapter of the epic journeys of a heroic LEGO princess is here! This time you get to explore the border town of Blockward with our heroine, and meet many new wonders that the world has to offer - including an elf!

This chapter is somewhat longer than the previous ones, but I hope it still keeps you in it's clutches, since there are many twists and turns waiting for you as you read on!

Here are links to the previous chapters:

Chapter I: Chivalry

Chapter II: Legends & Legacies

Chapter III: Fellowship

You can also see the town of Blockward in closer detail in this topic.

Now off you go to enjoy the adventure!

PQIVTitle.png

PQIV1.png

PQIV2.png

PQIV3.png

PQIV4.png

PQIV5.png

PQIV6.png

PQIV7.png

PQIV8.png

PQIV9.png

PQIV10.png

PQIV11.png

PQIV12.png

PQIV13.png

PQIV14.png

PQIV15.png

PQIV16.png

PQIV17.png

PQIV18.png

PQIV19.png

PQIV20.png

PQIV21.png

PQIV22.png

PQIV23.png

PQIV24.png

PQIV25.png

PQIV26.png

PQIV27.png

PQIV28.png

PQIV29.png

PQIV30.png

PQIV31.png

PQIV32.png

PQIV33.png

PQIV34.png

PQIV35.png

PQIV36.png

PQIV37.png

PQIV38.png

PQIV39.png

PQIV40.png

PQIV41.png

Hope you managed to reach the end! Be sure to join us next time as we explore the dangers of the Tiamat Badlands. You'll also find out what's going on with the good old Wizard Fabuland and the mysterious Necromancer.

Thanks for reading!

An unexpected plot twist. I thought the king or Lady Bridgit would have survived. Even bigger that the Duke wants the kingdom. Its like a soap opera in castle form! Looks good so far

Your best chapter yet! I look forward to these all the time, its like watching new episodes of a favorite TV show. I really love how you made the characters appearances and personalities, especially the elf. I like how you used an orc torso for him. I didnt comment on your town in that thread, so I figured I'd talk about it here. Its very good, with so many details and depth. The buildings are amazing! My favorite part is the Blacksmith, and how a dwarf makes the swords. Very clever use of a trans-red blade to represent a burning slate of metal, that will be a sword. Excellent use of the gold katana, it fits the princess very well. One of the best aspects of your story is the unique ideas for the different creatures, such as trolls not being evil, but friendly, and how your story doesnt follow other ideas, like LOTR and TLG's ideas of Fantasy Castle altogether. The dragon warriors are really great, and I can't wait to see how you create the dragon's personality. I would also like to see ninjas in your story, maybe a group of stealthy knight assassins?

The only part I didnt like, however, was the choice of clothes for the princess for when she meets Duke Bley. its just the normal queen! I think a different choice would reflect your creativity better.

Overall, an excellent story and MOCs so far, and I really look forward to your future installments. :sweet::thumbup:

Thanks for the comments so far! :wub:

I would also like to see ninjas in your story, maybe a group of stealthy knight assassins?

Unfortunately the whole ninja-line appeared during my "dark age", so I don't own any of them. But if I get my hands on them some day, I'll be sure to add them in.

The only part I didnt like, however, was the choice of clothes for the princess for when she meets Duke Bley. its just the normal queen! I think a different choice would reflect your creativity better.

Actually, the reason why I chose the blue dress was to emphasize the princess's old, royal self. She did use the dress in the first two chapters, after all. The point is that she wanted to look majestic when confronting the duke, the ruler of the town.

Surely I would've loved to use some other dress, but as it happens, the blue one is all I own. :sad: But I promise, once I get my hands on other female torsos, I'll give the princess more variety. :wink:

Edited by Sandy

this truely is eye candy, i love the "Set", it is beautifully made and those dragon knights are my favs to!

congrats on a great comic, i will be sure to follow the future additions!

Regards Cpt.PB

Very good :thumbup:

Not a completely unexpected twist of events after hearing that the duke were second in the line of succession, but still nice. :classic:

However, as much as I enjoy the story I find that the photographs and presentation could have been better, have you tried using other sizes and forms for the pictures? At the moment all of them are the same size and form, I think the presentation could benefit from cropping the pictures differently and putting them together to form pages. But do whatever you prefer, it's your story :classic:

(I am quite fond of "less ordinary" page layouts in general though, so this may not be a good idea at all :wink:)

However, as much as I enjoy the story I find that the photographs and presentation could have been better, have you tried using other sizes and forms for the pictures? At the moment all of them are the same size and form, I think the presentation could benefit from cropping the pictures differently and putting them together to form pages.

I tried to use cropped pictures in Chapter II, as you can see for yourself, but I really didn't like the way it ended up looking. I personally prefer this balanced, uniform style, even though it shows a bit too much in some photos. I think I could try putting them on pages side by side, but I'm worried the pictures will become too small to see. :sceptic:

Thanks for the tips and constructive criticism, anyway! It's just that I'm a complete amateur when it comes to photography and comic-making, so I can only get better over time, really. :blush:

Another great chapter Sandy! The area you photograph in is chosen well. For example, in the first one the wood surface could be interpreted as dirt and dust, and the grey wall was the distance or something. The second one was fine as well, and the third one had a green towel for grass, which was great, see? However, in a couple of shots, namely this one, the background 'gets in the way' of the MOC, or is rather obviously there, it kind of detracts from the feeling of the story. Other than that it's a great story, with awesome buildings and characters, and I'm happily looking forward to the next one! :sweet::thumbup:

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Very nice comic. Good writing and good modeling. I liked very much the "map" :)

My only advice for now would be about the font. I prefer the classic comic font, though arguably it does not relate to fantasy so well, but as a sans-serif font it would be more readable at a smaller size which will give you more room ...