Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The potential of LEGO Digital Designer for Pirate MOCs

lego_digitial_designer_ldd_pirate_lego_ship.jpg

This isn't recent news but I believe this exemplifies LEGO Digital Designer’s usefulness to Pirate LEGO enthusiasts. The above ship was created by 13 year old Neal McClatchey as his entry for the first LEGO Factory Design Competition. Yes that's right, a 13 year old designed this in LDD and won the competition! More information about that on LEGO.com.

So it is very possible to use LEGO Digital Designer for piratical purposes, you've just got to use your initiative to overcome the lack of specific Pirate pieces.

For more examples check out:

Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard's Imperial Trading Post Remix, Ship and Ship-Wrecked Island

Captain Cavinano's Black Pearl

Medib's Ship-wrecked Island

Joey Lock's Fort Laurence and New HMS Unicorn

Uh-Hum... :pir-sad2:

Im 13 to but you forgot my Ship! :pir_bawling:

LDDScreenShot80.png

The others are excellent to! :thumbup:

Only problem is 1 Ship costs like �170...

Edited by Mister Phes

Mr Lock, I have added links to your LDD creations in the first post and in the frontpage News Item, but I've also removed most of the images of the Unicorn since they can be found in the linked thread.

wow this is so cool!! does anyone think that lego might be adding pirate figures to ldd in the future?? if they did that then we could really get into designing so pirate stuff with ldd

Edited by Captain Ironhook

how can you forget my LDD "remix" of ITP :angry:

I reckon it's because we don't have an LDD index but I shall add your Imperial Trading Post Remix immediately!

But what's the name of the ship? And is there a thread for it?

I have to say I have no patience for LDD. The process is labourious and time consuming. And all I'm doing in it right now is recolouring one of Errorists marvelous figates so that it can be purchased. The peices are to limited.

As SlyOwl wrote on the front page of Classic-Pirates.com

When faced with the daunting task of creating a model, many builders just give up, claiming to be victim to an inadequate brick palette, however, there are superb LDD Pirate MOCs.

So as you can see by looking at the first post in this thread, LDD can be used for piratical purposes if some initiative is used.

As SlyOwl wrote on the front page of Classic-Pirates.com

So as you can see by looking at the first post in this thread, LDD can be used for piratical purposes if some initiative is used.

You may be able to make great pirate MOCs, but you won't be able to buy them if you make them with a good colour scheme. WHY?

Look at all of Errorist's wonderful ships. You can't buy them mind you, because guess what? The bricks are only avaible in a few colours, and some of the colours avalible cannot be purchased. SO unless you make a moc with no colour scheme, you can't buy it.

You may be able to make great pirate MOCs, but you won't be able to buy them if you make them with a good colour scheme. WHY?

Well I thought it was because the price would be too expensive for you :pir-grin:

The colour scheme of Joey Lock's ship is not too bad is it?

I reckon it's because we don't have an LDD index but I shall add your Imperial Trading Post Remix immediately!

But what's the name of the ship? And is there a thread for it?

there is no thread for it, i never posted it as a "big creation" it was a cool i like yours here is mine... i was thinking the lioness...

EDIT: i also remember a really good cross section of a boat somewhere i think it was by Phred...

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

EDIT: i also remember a really good cross section of a boat somewhere i think it was by Phred...

Almost correct, that was made by Errorist an can be seen here, along with his other stunning LDD creations.

I can definitly see the potential of LDD, some beatiful creations are already there to show us.

Personally i don''t have the patience and the lack of pieces annoys me, i rather build in real.

well will lego add the new pirates pieces into ldd, there is a spot where yoiu can leave feedback on ldd, and i am making shure i put in a word for the pirates!

I wish! I've been building on LDD for well over a year, and I wish I could put pirates aboard my ships, but they barely have any good Castle stuff on there, so I'm not getting my hopes up... :pir-hmpf_bad:

I don't think they would do it but if they did I would buy a lot of extra pieces to expand everything I have!

I need some new ship parts but even if I find them they are **** :jollyroger: **** expensive! Now the new pirate's line has been revealed I hope the prices of classic sets will go down.

But I doubt it. :pir_laugh2: