Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Fabuland Housewives Episode XVI

It's finally here, the season finale of Fabuland Housewives. I'm pretty happy to be done with it. Prepare yourself for a pretty dialog heavy episode-that's necessary to reveal all of the surprises. Please enjoy and feel free to leave feedback. I'm really looking forward to what people think of it... :look:

episode_guide.jpg

Fabuland® Housewives Episode 16Revelations

In the finale of season one, major secrets are revealed, crimes are exposed and the identity of the serial killer is finally discovered!

To start at the beginning of the season click here...

Thanks! :sweet:

Finally! Now it will all be revealed and hopefully that blasted JR Ewe-ing will get what he deserves, the scoundrel! :angry:

Wait... this isn't the Fabuland Dallas thread. Sorry about that. :blush:

Well, I guess I'll go read this one anyway. :sceptic:

:laugh:

(Yay! :wub:)

Whoa, what a climatic ending! It required paying close attention to details, though, because there were so many theories flying about. And in the end, not all was revealed after all (which is a great thing, considering Season 2).

My guesses on the murderer were somewhat correct,

as I suspected Dalton

, but you still managed to surprise me with the plot-twists.

There were some really gory scenes in this last episode, but the pieces you used for them

(sausages, red bush)

really made them look cute at the same time. Although it was a bit ghastly to see

the governor's severed head in a room full of people)

It has been a great watch, and I've thoroughly enjoyed this season. I do have a few wishes/suggestions for Season 2, if you're open to them:

- Keep Bianca as the narrator (I can't get enough of that character, I love her!)

- Add in some major catastrophe (á la the tornado in Desperate Housewives)

- Put in more out-of-town scenes (just to change the scenery for a while)

- Reveal even more secrets about the non-guilty characters to give them even more depht

Thank you for creating this magnificent series, Hinckley. You can consider me a fan. :wub:

Thanks Hinckley, I'll look forward to reading it, though I'll have to read the previous two episodes first. :sweet:

Great final chapter :thumbup:

Great recapitolation :thumbup:

Great actors :thumbup: ... Will they partecipate to the next Oscar selections? :tongue:

Thanks for giving us this awsome Season One!

LuxorV

My guesses on the murderer were somewhat correct,

as I suspected Dalton

, but you still managed to surprise me with the plot-twists.

It was really nice to get the whole first part of the story out. I've had the basic story ready for two and a half years now... :look:

There were some really gory scenes in this last episode, but the pieces you used for them

(sausages, red bush)

really made them look cute at the same time. Although it was a bit ghastly to see

the governor's severed head in a room full of people)

I even surprised myself with that as far as

the governor's head goes, I decided at the last minute to have her in there, and I thought it'd be funny to have the severed head follow the action

It has been a great watch, and I've thoroughly enjoyed this season. I do have a few wishes/suggestions for Season 2, if you're open to them:

- Keep Bianca as the narrator (I can't get enough of that character, I love her!)

- Add in some major catastrophe (á la the tornado in Desperate Housewives)

- Put in more out-of-town scenes (just to change the scenery for a while)

- Reveal even more secrets about the non-guilty characters to give them even more depht

Thank you for creating this magnificent series, Hinckley. You can consider me a fan. :wub:

Thank you so much Sandy! You're really very good at this and you know your shows! Bianca will remain as the narrator. And there is a natural disaster coming. I'm not sure exactly when, but as these shows have displayed time and again a good catastrophe is a great way to show which characters are heroes and which ones are weak. A catastrophe might come just when we need to know that. :wink: We will be seeing a lot more of Fabuland and Fabutown next season for sure. And yes, everyone has a secret. Even the most innocent. I can't wait to start telling more of Payton's story. I feel I didn't get to do much with him this season

since the murders revolved around him and his secrets and I couldn't let any of that out until the end...

Thanks again. I'm really very glad you are so interested and enjoy it so much. :grin:

So, as excited as I was to see that this was finally coming to it's triumphant season finale *calls the hyperbole police*, I started reading and clicking, almost not willing to wait for the pictures, wanting to see just what secrets would be revealed.

I click past the MA warning, because my mommy said I'm advanced for my age, and there's our good friend Bianca, welcoming us back home, as she's done so many times before. Then I clicked and read and clicked and read and clicked and read, and after about 6 pages, I thought, "OH NO. He's duped us. This is a damn recap episode! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" :angry:

With that in mind, when it reached the end of scene 1 and took me to the scene index, my mind couldn't quite wrap around the fact that I just needed to go on to scene 2. I mean, I've only read 182 episodes of this so far (I repeated a few), and suddenly I was dumbstruck as to how to continue. :wacko:

For a moment, just a moment, I considered hiring

you-know-who ... made you look

to kill you. Then, my senses returned and I finished the episode. :blush:

Bravo! It wrapped up some loose ends, unraveled a few more, left a whole slew of questions to be explored next season, and it looked really good. As mentioned before, I really found that including

the Governorette's Governoresses Cow's head

to be shocking and incredibly funny.

I was also surprised at the last minute twist where [spoler]everyone dies in a massive explosion, except for Bianca, of course[/spoler]. :oh: No one saw that coming!

Well, I'd better not say anything else or I might give away something important, and I wouldn't want to do that.

One more thing ...

that's a fake spoiler, complete with fake wrong spoiler tags to make the effect work. Suckers. Only 5 characters die. Can't believe you fell for that...

:devil:

One more thing ... that's a fake spoiler, complete with fake wrong spoiler tags to make the effect work. Suckers. Only 5 characters die. Can't believe you fell for that... :devil:

Would've worked better had you matched up the tags correctly. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hope every laughs stings you! :tongue:

[spoler]everyone dies in a massive explosion, except for Bianca, of course[/spoler].

Staudie's wearing off on you. At least you matched the tags up this time...

Would've worked better had you matched up the tags correctly. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hope every laughs stings you! :tongue:

I fixed it while you were replying, smartypants. :tongue:

If you wouldn't swoop in like an anxious Edit by Hinckley: you messed up! mommy to check on her baby, I would have gotten away with it too. :tongue:

I wanted to just have the first tag wrong, but then it whined that I hadn't matched up the number of opening and closing tags, so I had no choice but to botch them both up to get it to take. :sceptic:

Well done Hinckley! I've really enjoyed this season, and I think you ended it very nicely. Good job with answering some of the major questions, but in the end creating some more to keep us guessing and excited for season two.

I wasn't expecting the murderer to be who it was, though I guess it isn't entirely surprising either.

I thought it was going to be Payton Pig.

Are you going to take a break before starting season two?

Great plot twists, but it does get kind of confusing and convoluted.

Not sure about the

grapes and sausages coming out of Dalton

, but your

blood splatter made out of a bush

was great too.

BUt when you show someone with their entrails and guts hanging out

, you get creative.

Very resourceful.

Edited by Norrington

That was enjoyable. What a fantastic finale!

I only have a few quirks though:

I didn't like how it let some loose ends open. I would've thought that the end of a season would have everything answered and everybody going home all happy and such. Though, this is my only quirk...and also that Dalton's intestines looked like they were already cooked and ready to eat :tongue::sick:

BTW, I didn't know we had a spoiler system :grin: !

I didn\'t like how it let some loose ends open. I would\'ve thought that the end of a season would have everything answered and everybody going home all happy and such. Though, this is my only quirk...and also that Dalton\'s intestines looked like they were already cooked and ready to eat :tongue::sick:

I agree on both :tongue: This isn\'t really a spoiler, scince it was shown after the episode, it is revealed that another main character is going to die at begining of the new season.

BTW, I didn\'t know we had a spoiler system :grin: !

Me neither. It should be up there with say, the img tags and such. I had to qoue Imperialscouts for it.

Edited by Norrington

I didn't like how it let some loose ends open. I would've thought that the end of a season would have everything answered and everybody going home all happy and such. Though, this is my only quirk...and also that Dalton's intestines looked like they were already cooked and ready to eat :tongue::sick:

Haven't you ever heard of a cliffhanger? You clearly don't watch LOST... :tongue:

You ruined the cliffhanger slightly Hick! You said you'd go into Payton's story more this season, so he can't die! I found the ending quite interesting. I was hoping you'd explain

which 5 Fenix killed, and who the other 5 were. (Not who they were killed by, just who they were!)

My other problem was that not everyone was there in the final police officer scene. (How do you put black over the text, and Ican't figure it out. Oh well, if anyone read this much text before reading the episode it's their fault.

Edited by Hinckley
put spoiler tags in...

You ruined the cliffhanger slightly Hick! You said you'd go into Payton's story more this season, so he can't die! I found the ending...eir fault.

Who the hell is Hick?

Haven't you ever heard of a cliffhanger? You clearly don't watch LOST... :tongue:

I was very much reminded of LOST when I finished this episode. :laugh:

As soon as I saw this was up I clicked through it at lightning speed. I couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the pictures or even who was delivering the lines: I craved the raw information so much. This, I think, is a testament to your superb suspense writing and has nothing at all to so with my inclination to binge.

I love the bit about the mafia declaring a war on "those gays." Although if anything happens to Gregor (or Gavin for that matter) I will be heartbroken as they are my very favorite couple. Besides, haven't you killed Gavin enouhg in your set reviews? :classic: Also, while I'm talking about Gavin, I like how over the course of the season he has grown braver. Even though he did hide behind something initially, when the time came, he stepped forth and was (somewhat bizarrely) the voice of reason. Wonderfully done.

The most startling revelation for me was actually that

Lawrence Lion is not dead. With so much death running rampant throughout Fabuland I had taken this off-screen death for granted.

You sure showed me! :classic: I'm actually glad that it ended up being

multiple killers. I can't imagine how convoluted the explanation for a single murderer would have been. I wonder what the death of Dalton and revelation of Fenix means for Brody and Payton though. I was actually shipping Brody/Fenix, but I guess Brody/Payton is more dramatically satisfying.

The other scene that I thought was particularly good was the Hunter/Piper reconciliation. It felt surprisingly genuine considering how Hunter is possibly the least genuine character.

The only negative thing I have to say about this episode is that it didn't have much of the classic FH humor which I know and love. :sad: ( Although I did love "Well, he’ll be dead again soon.") But obviously this was because you had a pile of exposition to deliver. So I'll forgive you this time. :wink:

I also have a document full of notes on the rest of the season which I read in a whirlwind week after Brickworld and have been meaning to turn into coherent sentences and which I will deliver to you in due time. Keep up the great work!

I clearly don't.

Well done Hinckley! I've really enjoyed this season, and I think you ended it very nicely. Good job with answering some of the major questions, but in the end creating some more to keep us guessing and excited for season two.

I wasn't expecting the murderer to be who it was, though I guess it isn't entirely surprising either.

I thought it was going to be Payton Pig.

Are you going to take a break before starting season two?

Thanks buddy! I am taking a break. Look for season two to start around January 2009. I'm impressed you were so close to guessing the killer! It was always supposed to be

Fenix, but over the course of writing the season I thought it would be more interesting to have Dalton behind it all. I didn't fully buy into the jealousy thing and letting it grow outside of that, I found a lot more motives for other murders. Then I watched a history channel (or A&E) documentary about serial killers and there was a little sidebar about copycat killers. I thought that was fascinating so I started thinking about people in Fabuland who would be a copycat(s) :wink: Fenix became a much more enjoyable character to write for when I dropped the jealousy motive. He's a fox so he's clever and makes sense as a hired killer. I did have to drop the line "I did it because I'm a predator. I can't help myself..." That was the original original motive, he was just hungry-

but the jokes of my original idea became more fleshed out the more I began to think of storytelling instead of stringing jokes about Fabuland together...

You said you'd go into Payton's story more this season, so he can't die! I found the ending quite interesting. I was hoping you'd explain

which 5 Fenix killed, and who the other 5 were. (Not who they were killed by, just who they were!)

My other problem was that not everyone was there in the final police officer scene. (How do you put black over the text, and Ican't figure it out. Oh well, if anyone read this much text before reading the episode it's their fault.

So I did...And

Fenix didn't kill 5. He was paid for killing five, one of which was Brody, so he only killed four. Someone e-mailed me for the same clarification. They thought Randy had killed Prescott :hmpf: I said "no no no" but clarification on those points won't be given until next season...

I couldn't fit anyone else into that police station if I tried...although it would have been funny to have the remaining ten characters just shove in for the heck of it. Everyone else is in the hospital though...

As soon as I saw this was up I clicked through it at lightning speed. I couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the pictures or even who was delivering the lines: I craved the raw information so much. This, I think, is a testament to your superb suspense writing and has nothing at all to so with my inclination to binge.

I love the bit about the mafia declaring a war on "those gays." Although if anything happens to Gregor (or Gavin for that matter) I will be heartbroken as they are my very favorite couple. Besides, haven't you killed Gavin enouhg in your set reviews? :classic: Also, while I'm talking about Gavin, I like how over the course of the season he has grown braver. Even though he did hide behind something initially, when the time came, he stepped forth and was (somewhat bizarrely) the voice of reason. Wonderfully done.

The most startling revelation for me was actually that

Lawrence Lion is not dead. With so much death running rampant throughout Fabuland I had taken this off-screen death for granted.

You sure showed me! :classic: I'm actually glad that it ended up being

multiple killers. I can't imagine how convoluted the explanation for a single murderer would have been. I wonder what the death of Dalton and revelation of Fenix means for Brody and Payton though. I was actually shipping Brody/Fenix, but I guess Brody/Payton is more dramatically satisfying.

The other scene that I thought was particularly good was the Hunter/Piper reconciliation. It felt surprisingly genuine considering how Hunter is possibly the least genuine character.

The only negative thing I have to say about this episode is that it didn't have much of the classic FH humor which I know and love. :sad: ( Although I did love "Well, he’ll be dead again soon.") But obviously this was because you had a pile of exposition to deliver. So I'll forgive you this time. :wink:

I also have a document full of notes on the rest of the season which I read in a whirlwind week after Brickworld and have been meaning to turn into coherent sentences and which I will deliver to you in due time. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the in-depth analysis! I really enjoy reading your thoughts. Did I meet you at Brickworld?

I noticed that the episode was almost jokeless. Although I thought

hot dogs and cherries as intestines and guts (there's also a liver-did you see it?)

was pretty funny. But I did miss the jokes and I realized how seriously I've started taking the whole story. I'm telling a story now instead of jokes. And I'm repeating myself. But as stated above, I was starting to think my original killer was getting too convoluted...but that's fully explained above. I personally enjoyed the David Berkowicz joke...

I'm excited about the prospect of the gays vs. the mafia. So far it's

Gays 2 Mafia 0

I too hope our favorite characters make it through alive. The character of Hunter has completely changed and his original storyline for season 2 scrapped. I don't know where those last two scenes came from, but it felt right. I enjoyed fleshing him out and was surprised by it too. It felt nice.

Thanks again everyone for giving me feedback about this! It's been a labor of love and I'm glad to see people read it and enjoy it. :blush:

I would add this... I've never seen that many weiners (Firefox insists that I should spell it 'wieners' but I refuse) in any single episode of a show. Well, I may be lying, but it's weinertastic, for those of you so inclined. :laugh:

I would add this... I've never seen that many weiners (Firefox insists that I should spell it 'wieners' but I refuse) in any single episode of a show. Well, I may be lying, but it's weinertastic, for those of you so inclined. :laugh:

I made a special Bricklink order for those round about Episode 2. :grin:

Of course it's wieners, because the name origins from the city of Wien (or Vienna, in English). Just like hamburgers or berliners, which are both edible things as well. :tongue:

And as for you guys who said this should've had a happy ending, you're out of your minds! :tongue: And you obviously haven't watched enough TV!

Anyway, your mysteriousness tempts me, Hinckley, so I'll try and see if I can guess who killed who:

Victim #1: Rhonda Rodent - killed by Evan (obviously) but manufactured by Dalton

Victim #2 Prescott Parrot - killed by Fenix (evidently)

Victim #3 Franklin Fox - killed by Fenix (?)

Victim #4 Evan Elephant - killed by Fenix (?)

Victim #5 Holly Hippo - killed by Dalton (?)

Victim #6 Officer Bailey Bulldog - killed by Dalton (?)

Victim #7 Ernest Eagle - killed by Fenix (?)

Victim #8 Governor Cora Cow - killed by Fenix (?)

Victim #9 Rocko Raccoon - killed by Fenix (as shown)

Victim #10: Pauly Parrot - killed by Gregor (as shown), although I don't know if this counts either

Victim #11: Doctor Dalton Dog - killed by Fenix (as shown)

As you can see from the list, it doesn't match up with what Hinckley said, so I'm pretty certain we have another killer still on the loose. :look:

DUN DUN DUNNNN...

Edit: Dang, I forgot that thing about Paco. Thanks for reminding me, Hinckley!

Edited by Sandy