17 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Hello all Eurobricks members and Town Lovers,

This is my first classic town review. For today, I will be featuring the 6641, 4-Wheelin' Truck which is produced in 1987. For some younger members in EB, you might not have encounter such a baby roaming down the streets, horning at others with its big massive truck. Considering this is a 1987 set, such a vehicle size is considered big in those days. :tongue:

Name: 4-Wheelin' Truck

Theme: LEGO System / Town

Year: 1987

Pieces: 80

Minifigs: 1

Price: USD$6.50

An image of a 6641, 4-Wheelin' Truck

1.jpg

*Hello Everyone*

8.jpg

Why the name 4-Wheelin' Truck? It is because this truck is equipped with 4 heavy duty wheels which is considered "big" among other small vehicles in Classic Town. Please take note, most of the vehicles that are produced in Classic Town era, are 4-studs wide. This truck is no exception. :sweet:

Meet the driver and his truck!

2.jpg

This truck has a very good combinations of different colors that are common for most town vehicles. It made used of blue, white and red as its primary combinations. I find that this combinations is quite soothing to its eyes especially the blue bricks. :blush:

In addition, the mini-fig torso is superb. The driver must be a great fan of this vehicle. I realised most truck drivers in the classic town era wear this most of the time. I wonder if its some kind of an organization?

Front view

3.jpg

There is 2 red doors coupled with the truck, to enable the driver to get in properly. This vehicle is considered big in the 1980s. However, if you compared it with the current city vehicles, this truck certainly will not outsize the current designs. Please take note of the wheels. The wheels are pretty different. I don't remember seeing these wheels in many other vehicles, maybe some members can help me on this.

Most of the classic town vehicles have a window frame on top which is known as a "sun-roof". In this set, this feature is also included. Furthermore, the vehicle frame has a simple mechanism which all town lovers love. It is to lift it up and place their driver in and out the seat. Most importantly, you do not have to take off the entire window frame just to put in the driver. :classic:

Different angles of the 4-Wheelin' Truck

9.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

SNOT Technique?

4.jpg

Back 20 years ago, LEGO had been experimenting with SNOT technique. You can see that the back looks very neat without the studs. In addition, it can be quite useful to place a mini-fig on top of it, or throw some baggage for some quick getaway. :laugh:

Summary review

Playability: 8/10 (Great addition to your Town collection.)

Design: 8.5/10 (Very good design. I love 4-studs truck. At least, it is able to occupy one side of the lane)

Price: 9/10 (An inexpensive set based on the 1987 pricing)

Overall: 8.5/10 (A must have for all Classic Town lovers, we have been complaining for more wider range of vehicle)

I gave it a "4" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

Hope everyone of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine.

Pictures can be found in My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Edited by WhiteFang

great review! but for the car: i don't like the color combination of red+blue

great review of a lovely set! thank you!

sadly I don't see my 6641 really often, because it is kind of in the back of my shelf. But I might get it and swoosh it (?) a few times...!

IMHO i think 6675 is a little bit more aggressive.

cool! Please make more!

Glad you guys liked this review. :sweet:

great review of a lovely set! thank you!

sadly I don't see my 6641 really often, because it is kind of in the back of my shelf. But I might get it and swoosh it (?) a few times...!

IMHO i think 6675 is a little bit more aggressive.

cool! Please make more!

Swoosh it around?? :laugh: I will prefer to use it to "vrooom" it around on my road baseplates. :tongue:

BerndDasBrot, thanks for reminding me of the 6675. I will need to find it and restore it first. Meanwhile, watch out for more upcoming Classic Town Reviews. :wink:

The wheels are pretty different. I don't remember seeing these wheels in many other vehicles, maybe some members can help me on this.

First of all, another great review! Thanks for doing these! :thumbup:

As for the wheels, these were primarily Technic wheels but did find their way into some other models. In white, I can only find a handful of minifig sets that they are included with. There's half a dozen space sets but, apart from the 4-Wheelin Truck, the only other Town set appears to be the 6524 Blizzard Blazer (tractor with snow plough). The wheels were also in a Train set called 4549 Road & Rail Hauler where they were the wheels on a big forklift.

Cheers

Rog

Love this set! Nice review also.. I had the set in my hands a few times but never bought it, though I drooled at it, I remember. I guess I didn't get pocket money at that time, it was not that common around europe in the 80s I guess. So better to say that no one bought it for me.. A few years later I got the safari truck, which is also really sweet. I like the colors of this model and the detail of it. The minifig is really classic, made only for this set (appears in some later train sets as well) and shows the exact image of the truck on the shirt, including the motor piece. One of the most detailed and loveliest little sets from a sweet era of Legoland city! :classic:

PS Voted "O" for Outstanding.

Edited by Zzz

hmmm.... i probably would not have bought this as a kid in 1987, unless i had money to spare or the shop had no other set from space or castle, the two other big lines in 1987, and no better set in the town section. i think it's a great parts pack, but the model itself does not look very attractive. I never really liked those wheels, honestly. They're from the basic sets, mostly, and they work pretty well in those, but i'm just not a fan... the roof, on the other hand, was very popular and the blue modified bricks at the front were quite rare in those days, but generally speaking, this was not the star of 1987.

gave it a "3"

...The minifig is really classic, made only for this set...

The minifig also appeared in 6395 Grand Prix Racing Scene as a spectator :tongue:

Cheers

Rog

Thanks everyone. Glad that you guys enjoyed this review. :sweet:

As for the wheels, these were primarily Technic wheels but did find their way into some other models. In white, I can only find a handful of minifig sets that they are included with. There's half a dozen space sets but, apart from the 4-Wheelin Truck, the only other Town set appears to be the 6524 Blizzard Blazer (tractor with snow plough). The wheels were also in a Train set called 4549 Road & Rail Hauler where they were the wheels on a big forklift.

I never realised that. I supposed these wheels is one of the earliest technic parts, appeared in system sets.

minifig is really classic, made only for this set (appears in some later train sets as well) and shows the exact image of the truck on the shirt, including the motor piece. One of the most detailed and loveliest little sets from a sweet era of Legoland city! :classic:

I will show it to you in a few days time, that this mini-fig torso does not only appear in this set. :wink:

In fact, I am quite fond of this lovely torso with its symbolic truck printed on it.

hmmm.... i probably would not have bought this as a kid in 1987, unless i had money to spare or the shop had no other set from space or castle, the two other big lines in 1987, and no better set in the town section. i think it's a great parts pack, but the model itself does not look very attractive. I never really liked those wheels, honestly. They're from the basic sets, mostly, and they work pretty well in those, but i'm just not a fan... the roof, on the other hand, was very popular and the blue modified bricks at the front were quite rare in those days, but generally speaking, this was not the star of 1987.

I wouldn't agreed less. This set is a good to have and is defintely not the main highlights in 1987. This is actually a great add-on to your classic town vehicle collections. After seeing so many typical police cars, ambulance, fire engine and etc, I need more variety of civillan vehicles roaming down the streets. :sweet:

Swoosh it around?? :laugh: I will prefer to use it to "vrooom" it around on my road baseplates. :tongue:

only "vrooom" it around? your cars can't fly?! :tongue:

I just building my 6641 while I'm writing this and I have to say that it's really really great.