Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Now to keep my eye out for

a) Black Sea Barracuda; and

I wonder what my chances are for a MISB for those sets?

Depressingly expensive I think...

I've got one in the cupboard upstairs. Wrapped in shrinkwrap before being put on the shelf so it has no shelfwear at all. Found it in the wrong section and with a poor description on ebay a couple years ago and scored for a bargain price. Keep an eye out, you never know.

Saw all the new HP sets at Target in Newcastle yesterday. marked at full RRP. Have already ordered them from the US a few weeks ago which came in delivered at 66% of Au pricing. Target at Glendale must be getting ready for their Toy sale as they had 3 rows packed with Lego on display.

With 4 weeks nearly approaching since I bought my Mindstorms set from B&N, I have to again ask if anyone has received theirs?

Mine still has not arrived. I called them on Friday and I called customs.

I have been told to wait until the 1st of July. Then contact bn again and ask for a refund. I don't think they have actually sent it as they can not give me the customs number for the parcel.

Not feeling good about it.

You should have asked for another which wasn't damaged. :grin:

I would have...

No point asking if there aren't any left... besides I collect to build and play, not to leave things sealed in a box or resell (although I do usually keep the boxes).

I can report the Myers in the ACT seem to have been completely looted - no QARS, Flagships, London Bridges etc to be found (although Belconnen still had a solitary MF left on Saturday). Hell, even the ridiculously underwhelming Ewok Attacks have started to move!

Edited by TeufelHund

Funny you should all ask about the Mindstorms sets, I have just received mine today. Finally. What a relief!! Mine was apparently sent on the 1st of June, regular post. I do know that a friend of mind ordered one with the quicker postage, it was sent 2 days later & has not arrived, so that was a waste of extra postage cost.

Funny you should all ask about the Mindstorms sets, I have just received mine today. Finally. What a relief!! Mine was apparently sent on the 1st of June, regular post. I do know that a friend of mind ordered one with the quicker postage, it was sent 2 days later & has not arrived, so that was a waste of extra postage cost.

That's the date mine was sent, with paid for quicker postage. So hopefully I shall receive it in the next few days. Just was getting concerned when no one was saying theirs had arrived. How was the packaging?

That's the date mine was sent, with paid for quicker postage. So hopefully I shall receive it in the next few days. Just was getting concerned when no one was saying theirs had arrived. How was the packaging?

And mine was supposedly sent on the 26th of May.

Notorious Guf, did you apply the 30% off code to your order?

Thanks

Brett

Yes with the 30% voucher & I received the cancellation email. The box had a slight tear on one of the corners & was slightly creased there too, but the rest was in great condition. It was put in a larger box with some bubble pillow things, that did nothing really.

Yes with the 30% voucher & I received the cancellation email. The box had a slight tear on one of the corners & was slightly creased there too, but the rest was in great condition. It was put in a larger box with some bubble pillow things, that did nothing really.

Well I really have more hope of it arriving now you have yours.

Even if the box is a little worse for wear.

I also received notification that my Mindstorm from B&N had shipped on 1 June, notification on 7 June that it had been cancelled as I was a bad boy for using the 30% off coupon, then it turned up last Friday. Pretty well packed, but a little crushed. Still for $200, I am stoked.

Good luck to all those that are still waiting for goodies.

Finally found the PQ set I wanted today at a Big W in Ellenbrook (of all places).

Also spotted a re-stock of the HP Quidditch set in Big W.

Plenty of stock at K-Mart in Joondalup. (shuttles included). Plenty of Sort & Store heads around also (just not at MYER)

No sign of any of the new HP yet.

As of Sunday, no Tower Bridges left at Perth CBD MYER. Still 1 or 2 Flagships left and some other stuff.

I went though Sefton Park Target this afternoon, they had just two unopen boxes of each of the three new HP sets. The staff member said they'll be getting more in of course. :wink:

The boxes had do not put out until June 12th.....well it's a bit after that eh ? :laugh:

I got my Lego Magazine today, and the catalogue included did indeed say that Pharaoh's Quest is exclusive to Big W. I guess we don't need any more confirmation on that, though I'm still refusing to believe it. :laugh:

Is it just me, or is the second main wave of sets a lot earlier than it used to be? I remembered last year's Star Wars sets came out in September, but this year's has been out for a while now.

Im not sure how anyone else feels about the state of the Lego box they purchase, but I for one like Lego boxes which I pay money for

to be in a fantastic condition/state, if I order them from overseas then I expect that they may arrive damaged or slightly crushed (the risk you take)......

But what I saw today at BigW made me cringe with disgust......

BigW had x12 boxes of the Star Wars UCS Imperial Shuttles on display, but not only did they manage to damage every side of the box with the wire security

tag, but they've also used thick reinforced tape to tape up every side so no one can get into the box or for the box to fall apart.

Lets just say that the combination of those two items has ruined the box and look of the set, the $448 price tag was shocking enough but after

seeing that state of the 'brand new' boxes I'd never consider it.

Bad BigW......... Bad

Edited by Clone-Trooper

I got my Lego Magazine today, and the catalogue included did indeed say that Pharaoh's Quest is exclusive to Big W. I guess we don't need any more confirmation on that, though I'm still refusing to believe it. :laugh:

Is it just me, or is the second main wave of sets a lot earlier than it used to be? I remembered last year's Star Wars sets came out in September, but this year's has been out for a while now.

2010 Star Wars releases were in January and August. This time last year we were enjoying Space Police and Toy Story 3 releases :classic:

Im not sure how anyone else feels about the state of the Lego box they purchase, but I for one like Lego boxes which I pay money for

to be in a fantastic condition/state, if I order them from overseas then I expect that they may arrive damaged or slightly crushed (the risk you take)......

BigW had x12 boxes of the Star Wars UCS Imperial Shuttles on display, but not only did they manage to damage every side of the box with the wire security

tag, but they've also used thick reinforced tape to tape up every side so no one can get into the box or for the box to fall apart.

Lets just say that the combination of those two items has ruined the box and look of the set, the $448 price tag was shocking enough but after

Bad BigW......... Bad

I don't particularly care about most boxes since I package sets in ziplock bags with a set number label (allows you to maximise space) but there are certain sets where the boxes are super important, especially the UCS.

I did a move with the UCS Falcon and thank god I kept that box to transport it in.

Bad BigW......... Bad

I wouldn't purchase them in that condition. I purchase alot of sets which I may later resell if I change my mind on the purchase, so my attitude for that is they can go without my dollars.

2010 Star Wars releases were in January and August. This time last year we were enjoying Space Police and Toy Story 3 releases :classic:

Wait, maybe I meant the year before the last... I'm losing track now. :tongue:

Still, I think the release dates are being changed, or have been.

As for the boxes, I personally recycle all mine and don't keep them, but I wouldn't buy a set with a damaged box, particularly if it's that expensive.

Spotted new hp sets at kmart burwood hwy vic. Stragely not at front with the newer sets but with normal lego. Prices 22/59/99 i think.....

It looks like the new Millennium Falcons are pretty popular (or at least at Myers price, anyway).

I told my wife they were under $200 and she said she'd think about it... she had a look at the two local Myers (Southern Adelaide) but came back empty handed! Damnit - I thought I had one... :hmpf_bad:

For those in Adelaide that are planning on going to the early start of the toys r us sale from 5 pm today, there are plenty of the 8404 public transport sets in stock, and plenty of the half price racers set, however they're both downstairs by the checkout and not near the Lego upstairs (unless they move them before the sale starts). Also they had series 2 and 3 minifigs but I couldn't see a price so I don't know if they're the regular $4 per fig (before 3 for 2 sale) or they've jacked up the price to RRP.

Im not sure how anyone else feels about the state of the Lego box they purchase

But what I saw today at BigW made me cringe with disgust.....

Bad BigW......... Bad

So let's get this straight - BigW are charging full RRP, thus maximizing their profit. They are destroying the boxes with tape and wire security (is large Lego box theft a real concern/risk?)

This is a pretty poor effort by them all round. Though part of me is glad they aren't being generous, at least I won't waste my money on an additional Shuttle.

Thanks for the heads up Clone-Trooper - I won't waste my time on Thursday.