Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

[snip]

Also not a sort and store to be found. I guess people are buying them as Christmas gifts for children because as fun as they look I can't see them appealing to most AFOLs. I like sorting my pieces more carefully than something like that would do.

Ooh, you should try it before you dismiss it. It's great when sorting through large amounts of unsorted LEGO, and I find the sound it makes while the pieces jumble around soothing. But it drives my better half nuts :laugh:

Went cruising through Myer at Parramatta today. There were six Tower Bridges, two Imperial Flagships and Millennium Falcons, three Republic Frigates, plus all of the other usual suspects from Star Wars, City, Cars 2 and Technic.

(Bring on the K-Mart sale for the Bank!! :laugh: )

I hit Myer yesterday afternoon, and in my swag grabbed the last Republic Frigate (phew!). @30% off made it worth the while. :thumbup:

Okay, so it appeared that the head storage things were all gone, all but 1 Frigate & Falcon gone, but of all the other notables probably half the stock had moved, the other half still there. Not much else looked to hace moved.

The highlight of the expedition though was the 12 out of 10 attractive young woman I was behind on the escalator. :oh: Wow - and wearing aerobic tights too. *oh2* You know when someone's out of your league? Well I felt 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea! :distressed::laugh: We both headed to the same side exit, she picked up the pace (you know: "crap, some creep is following me") rushed to the door, but then turned around and stopped to hold it open for me. I think I nearly died. :wub:

That was my butt ya perv!

In all seriousness, I was at Myer Sydney CBD today and picked up a whole bunch of things with that sweet 30% off. They had dozens of everything. Falcons, QAR, Tower Bridge and everything in between. They seemed to have restocked in between when you early birds emptied them.

The price for the harry castle is awesome, let hope they have stock *oh2*

I was happy with Myers, scored a tower bridge, flagship and a sorting head. I have a set of 3 heads now very usefull and they look great.

Also on the way home I stopped past Kmart and bang, the shuttle has made it home. They had some secruity tags on there so I sent

the girl off to the back to get me one without it as it stuffs up the box.

stumbled across the Myer (Melbourne cbd) toy sale today during lunch to my pleasant surprise

they had plenty of most sets, tower bridge, flagships, cw frigate though i did grab what looked like the second to last falcon (+ a pod racer set)

the discount actually works out at around 28% because they take the 10% member discount off 'after' the 20%, regardless good enough for me to splurge a lil :classic:

If the Imperial Shuttle is exclusive to Big W, does that mean that the source that Lightningtiger mentioned was wrong, or meant another exclusive? I'm hoping it's the latter, as Target is more accessible for me.

And the Shuttle Expedition is $130 after a discount. I'll wait until next Saturday to pick one up. Even though I have the smaller shuttle, this looks like a good opportunity to get a nice set. :classic:

It looks like the market has finally determined an acceptable price for the Queen Anne's Revenge in Australia. I just popped into Adelaide Myer and there were none left. People are obviously happy to pay in the $130s for it, although Myer hardly moved any and Target moved very few when they were around $150.

You might be right about that - $130 was certainly the cutoff price for me when it came out, and it's roughly on par with the US price with GST added, ie, a "fair price". Or it could just be the time of the year with the toy sales bringing people into the stores. A certain percentage of shoppers will buy, so increase the number of shoppers and the sales made increases.

I don't regularly watch the 6:30 pm slot commercial current affairs shows, but ACA happened to be on when I walked past a TV last night and they had a segment on the upcoming toy sales, specifically those at Target, Big W, and Kmart. It was of course an extended ad for these stores, but it did show the crazy buying behaviour that is expected.

The sales rep from Target was actually holding a LEGO Diagon Alley box, explaining that at $223 with over 2000 pieces, it would keep the kiddies occupied for hours!

You might be right about that - $130 was certainly the cutoff price for me when it came out, and it's roughly on par with the US price with GST added, ie, a "fair price". Or it could just be the time of the year with the toy sales bringing people into the stores. A certain percentage of shoppers will buy, so increase the number of shoppers and the sales made increases.

I don't regularly watch the 6:30 pm slot commercial current affairs shows, but ACA happened to be on when I walked past a TV last night and they had a segment on the upcoming toy sales, specifically those at Target, Big W, and Kmart. It was of course an extended ad for these stores, but it did show the crazy buying behaviour that is expected.

The sales rep from Target was actually holding a LEGO Diagon Alley box, explaining that at $223 with over 2000 pieces, it would keep the kiddies occupied for hours!

Hmmmmmmm, so Traget have discounted the HP Diagon Alley by $45 dollars from the Rip Off Retail Price it is.......

Im not really sure it's still worth it for the small set it is......... but I guess it's better then the $99 dollars

for the new small Hogwarts Castle 4867.

So who thinks the HP Diagon Alley is a good buy from Target, considering that the 'sale' prices on many sets are pathetic,

better sales/discounts come along at other times of the year anyways.......

So who thinks the HP Diagon Alley is a good buy from Target, considering that the 'sale' prices on many sets are pathetic,

I suppose we should be glad that Target are taking 20% off at all. Not like BigW with their "Hot Buy" garbage on the UCS Shuttle, they really should be ashamed of themselves over that kind of advertising. At least they could have called it "Everyday" pricing.

The Diagon Alley at $225 is probably a good buy, but that's only relative to LEGO's pricing, $225 is a lot of cash for some parent to shell out on so eyhing to keep the kids occupied - as the Target rep says.

I think the news on the price of the HP sets has made me decide to say NO to K-Mart and the Space Shuttle.

Already want the PQ Golden Staff Guardians, all the HP, Series 5 minifigs, Alien Conquest plus a pet shop.

I picked up my QAR today from Myer but the idiot shop assistant tore off the hold ticket so quickly she tore a sizeable chunk out of the top of the box...not a big deal I guess but annoying if I ever end up wanting to sell it.

You should have asked for another which wasn't damaged. :grin:

I would have...

I paid $199 for Diagon Alley and after building it I felt that it was a fair price. Personally I wouldn't pay any more than that though. I would say its "worth" $150-$200 but $223 or whatever it is may well be the cheapest we will see it in Aus. If you want it my suggestion is try to find someone with a Staff discount card who can save you an extra $10.... ie if you are in Adelaide....Me :D

Edited by ang911

Hmmmmmmm, so Traget have discounted the HP Diagon Alley by $45 dollars from the Rip Off Retail Price it is.......

Im not really sure it's still worth it for the small set it is......... but I guess it's better then the $99 dollars

for the new small Hogwarts Castle 4867.

My girlfriend recently bought me the pet store and HP Diagon Alley, had it deboxed and sent via DHL next business delivery post right to my door step. All for a low price of AUD$345. I honestly can't justify the rip off price here. Imagine the kid's parents when they're tossing up between a HP diagon alley for $2xx or a nintendo Wii for $150. All I can say is, good luck to Aussie retailers stocking overpriced Lego.

UCS Imperial Shuttle on the shelves at Big W Golden Grove (Adelaide). Picked up a box, nice and heavy, but for $448 they can keep it to themselves :hmpf_bad:

Picked up the Hillside House for $70.20 at Myer Tuggeranong with the 20% plus MyerOne 10% and a great big pink Hello Kitty bag thrown in for my niece (for spending more than $50 on toys, option was a Transformers bag).

Plenty of people there snapping up Lego bargains. A lady bought the last QAR while I was there, apparently they had the Tower Bridge but it sold out.

Several Imperial Flagships available if you are looking for one.

BTW, if you are a numpty who lost their MyerOne card within days of receiving it, you can quote the number off the letter they sent you and still get the discount. -oops-

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Picked up the Imperial Flagship today, was a bit unsure as I don't normally spend that kind of money on one Lego set (even at the discount) and had only recently picked up the QAR, but now I've bought it I'm happy I have. The two should look fantastic next to each other, and although I'm expecting the Flagship to be the nicer of the two quite easily, the sails of the Revenge should hold it up nicely. Those sails really are beautiful.

So I've gone from no Pirate ships to two in the space of a month. My wallet cries out but I've always wanted a couple of warring ships :sweet: Now I just have to make room for them :laugh:

I've gone from zero Lego to

1. Brickbeard's Bounty

2. QAR

3. Imperial flagship

in about a month. :classic:

Now to keep my eye out for

a) Black Sea Barracuda; and

b) Skull Eye's Schooner

I wonder what my chances are for a MISB for those sets?

Depressingly expensive I think...

I haven't gone too nuts with the Myer sale... I picked up 4 boxes of switch tracks today to help my layout along. @ just under $18 a box it works out pretty good. Plus my wife got the BIG Hello Kitty bag!

I think they will run the myer one deal again before the end of the sale so if that happens I might grab some buildings etc.

That was my butt ya perv!

Wave it in my face like that, what do you expect... where else am I supposed to look whilst stuck on an escalator? :laugh:

Picked up the Imperial Flagship today, was a bit unsure as I don't normally spend that kind of money on one Lego set (even at the discount) and had only recently picked up the QAR, but now I've bought it I'm happy I have. The two should look fantastic next to each other, and although I'm expecting the Flagship to be the nicer of the two quite easily, the sails of the Revenge should hold it up nicely. Those sails really are beautiful.

So I've gone from no Pirate ships to two in the space of a month. My wallet cries out but I've always wanted a couple of warring ships :sweet: Now I just have to make room for them :laugh:

Then my Troll Warship can come over and mop up the spoils from the battle... :devil: