Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

33 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I didn't see this one in store when I was there.

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but Krennic's Shuttle is $95aud at big w stores. That's crazy cheap considering the set is $90usd

Toys R Us are having a sale right now. Among other things, the new $30 City sets (Tow Truck Trouble, Fishing Boat, ATV Race Team, 4x4 with Catamaran, Pizza Van) are $20 (that's 33% off RRP so its a good time to buy if you are interested in any of those sets).

The only other deals >20% off RRP are a few Duplo sets, a Juniors police helicopter and a pair of Star Wars sets.

http://catalogues.toysrus.com.au/catalogue/toys-r-us/14853008496690.html#pageNo=0 has all the details.

If you cant get to a Toys R Us store, you might have luck getting K-Mart or Big W to price match on the City sets depending on the store and the staff member (I got Big W to price match on the Pizza Van)

Hola!

Big W MacArthur Central (Brisbane CBD) had Detroit Steel Strikes for $49 (not a bargain, but a sweet set released in Ozlandia ahead of other jurisdictions, quid pro quo for the late release of The Lego Batman Movie) and the recent petrol station (60132) for the far more reasonable price of $69 when I was there on Friday afternoon.

EvMan

I can confirm that my Big W had all 3 new Marvel sets (no GotG) and a couple of the new microfighters. The prices are $88, $49, $39 and $15 respectively.

Lego Batman Movie sets are now available at K-Mart. Haven't checked if they're out in any other stores yet.

The previous one was exclusive to Big W.

On a side note Toys R Us has Buy 1 Get 1 Half Price from tomorrow the 1st till the 14th.

It may have been exclusive to start with, but it was available elsewhere too. Kmart and independents had it, at least.

Now my friend's at Toy Corner are having a 20% off sale and I saw in store quite a few rare, very rare sets.......say a Cafe Corner and an assortment of UCS Star Wars sets dating back to the beginning of the UCS theme.

ToysRUS has BOGO at the moment which works out to 25% off if you buy two of the same :D 1st to the 14th of march i think.

PIcked up 2 x  75175 A-Wing Starfighter – AU$79.99 in-store only only had a few  ^_^

with buy one get one 50% it ends up as 59.99 per set

A few offers on right now (or starting soon) that people here might be interested to know about.

David Jones has 20% off all LEGO until the 2nd of April. Of note is that this includes all their Creator Expert (including any modulars they may have as well as things like the Ferris Wheel) as well as Minifigures (including TLBM) and all the LEGO Batman Movie sets (except the Arkham Asylum which is exclusive to Toys R Us).

MYER has 20% off as well (although their offer excludes Minifigures and LEGO Batman Movie sets). It does include everything else though (including modulars, Architecture, Ferrari F40, Star Wars etc). Not sure when the MYER offer finishes though.

MYER also have an offer to tie into the LEGO Batman Movie (not sure when it starts) "Spend $60 or more on LEGO Batman, Super Heroes or Star Wars and get a free 30524 Mini Batwing polybag".

For those who want cheap Batman sets, K-Mart has a sale starting Thursday. Joker Balloon Escape for $15, Catwoman Cycle and Scarecrow Pizza Truck for $25, Riddler car, Penguin car and Clayface for $35 and Joker Low-Rider and Batmobile for $68. All of those discounts are greater than the 20% off David Jones is offering so if you want any of these sets, K-Mart is the place to go.

MYER now have 25% off and this time it doesn't exclude TLBM.

The K-Mart offers are still cheaper but MYER is the best place to get the things K-Mart isn't discounting.

Best time to pick up other non-TLBM sets as well :)

In case you haven't heard, Target has discounted Assault on Hoth and the Classic Batman Batcave 50% off to $200 each - quite the deal! Congrats if you scored them!
Target is also having 20% off LEGO, all sets and themes I think. Found a box of collectible minifigs and scored a full set at $4 each!

Not sure if it's an error or what, but 75150 Vader’s TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter is marked as retiring soon and in stock on S@H. Not sure if it can actually be purchased. If I had the money I might give it a shot

As of earlier today MYER Brisbane CBD has Big Ben, NYC Skyline, Solomon R Guggenheim Museum, Ferrari F-40, Detectives Office and Brick Bank on the shelves.

I also saw stock of the Assembly Square and blue VW Beetle but those were behind the counter (presumably sold already and on hold pending collection or shipping or something)

MYER staff confirmed that both the VW Beetle and the Ferris Wheel are no longer David Jones exclusives and that they would be getting stock of both sets along with re-stocking of both the Tower Bridge and VW Van.

Oh and one more thing, they had a trolley on the floor with unopened cardboard boxes for both the new Death Star AND the Temple of Airjitsu.

So if you want the Assembly Square, VW Beetle, Ferris Wheel, Tower Bridge, VW Van, new Death Star or Temple of Airjitsu then there is probably a MYER store in your area that either has stock of those sets now or will be getting stock of those sets at some point.

Oh and the VW Beetle and Van were both in stock at Mr Toys Brisbane CBD as well.

Anyone on the Gold Coast looking for the UCS Tie Fighter, Target at Robina had a whole bunch in stock as of earlier today.

Got this in an email from Toyworld:

xbnjNTn.png

Couldn't find anywhere what the "free gift" was. In the past Toyworld has had sought-after promo minifigs, I am wondering if it is that new astromech or whatever. Does anyone have any info? Would be nice to know in advance if I need to make arrangements, what being only available for 1 day.

Edited by Artanis I

Yep, they are definitely available now. I spotted some today in a few different stores.

K-Mart seems to be a god place to try (a few reports that they have stock plus their price is apparently good)

I picked mine up from the MYER store at Carindale on Sunday after someone reported that said MYER store had broken the street date and put a box out on the shelf :)

Does anyone know whether the Silent Mary will be an exclusive?

I don't believe that it's an exclusive, I've seen it at Myer and Toyworld stores, don't know of any others.

Its definitely not an exclusive.

Available at Target (online at least), Toys R Us and David Jones as well as the aformentioned MYER and Toyworld sightings.

i heard from a reliable source (cough lego rep) that there wont be exclusives anymore for specific stores like myer/dj/target/bigw/target/toysrus/small retail etc Apparently there was some stuff up at myer or dj's regarding a exclusive recently and Lego.au has changed the way its going to distribute those sets for the time being.

Which is why silent mary is showing up everywhere even though its a exclusive which is way overpriced at Dreamworld.