Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Where are the good places to look around for LEGO in Melbourne city area? Best, if you can provide me the location such as TRU, Kmart, Target, BigW, etc. Thank you.

This store is just a short train ride from the city and, just up the road from where I live. http://www.toybricks.com.au The have the best range (just about everything). I recommend asking for Rob, Dean or Shelly as they are the 3 AFOLs that run the store. Gabe also does some part time sculpture work there, (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showuser=12135). Their hours are; Tue-Fri 10-5 and Saturday 9-5.

Are you coming to Melbourne for a visit?

Thanks d-delay and BrickCurve. Useful information, as it will help me greatly. I think I am staying near Victoria Market area, so probably need to figure out on how to get there via public transport. Will consolidate them and check it out, yes I am there for a short holiday visit over this weekend. :wub:

Thanks d-delay and BrickCurve. Useful information, as it will help me greatly. I think I am staying near Victoria Market area, so probably need to figure out on how to get there via public transport. Will consolidate them and check it out, yes I am there for a short holiday visit over this weekend. :wub:

From the Queen Vic markets you should be within cycling distance of the store I mentioned, I think it is about 6-7kms. Melbourne is a great city for cycling, theres hardly any hills! I think there are numerous stands in the city where visitors to Melbourne can hire a bike for the day.

I might be able to meet you there on Saturday if you like.

EDIT: I wouldn't recommend Shop For Me; all they have really is just sets. The one I mentioned before has an array of third party thing such as train track and life lites.

Edited by BrickCurve

Where are the good places to look around for LEGO in Melbourne city area? Best, if you can provide me the location such as TRU, Kmart, Target, BigW, etc. Thank you.

Agent Bricks is a great place, it's an independent LEGO store (Not official but as close as you'll get in Oz) Has older sets, minifigures, a kinda PaB type thing and more. Really good place to go to!

Agent Bricks is a great place, it's an independent LEGO store (Not official but as close as you'll get in Oz) Has older sets, minifigures, a kinda PaB type thing and more. Really good place to go to!

Where is that store situated? I tried looking at their website but theres something wrong with it.

EDIT: I wouldn't recommend Shop For Me; all they have really is just sets. The one I mentioned before has an array of third party thing such as train track and life lites.

I guess I'm too hard core. Only interested in sets not third party stuff ;)

Edited by d-delay

Heard a tip that City Square was on clearance at BIG W for $138 but couldn't find any at the stores I went to :(

But I did see some other good deals:

76032 Avengers Quinjet for $85

60068 Crooks' Hideout $50

60082 Dune Buggy Trailer $20

60083 Snow Plows for $20

70229 & 70230 Chima battle packs for $10

70750 Ninjago Ninja DB X $70

70605 Ninjago Misfortune's Keep $80

60051 Passenger Train $138

71016 Kwik-E-Mart $198

31036 Toy and Grocery Shop $35

Edited by slopemodified

Mixels are half price ($3.50) on S@H. Only series 7 is available. Free Creator parrot build with orders over $45, until the end of the month.

Mixels are half price ($3.50) on S@H. Only series 7 is available. Free Creator parrot build with orders over $45, until the end of the month.

Yay! Those castle themed ones are great for parts. I'll have a dozen...

Does anyone know which retailer will have the ideas maze as an exclusive?

I dont know that it will necessarily be an exclusive. It may not come to Australia but if it does it will probably be available at all the retailers that have previously stocked Ideas sets (so probably MYER, Toys R Us, David Jones, Toyworld and various independents)

I dont know that it will necessarily be an exclusive. It may not come to Australia but if it does it will probably be available at all the retailers that have previously stocked Ideas sets (so probably MYER, Toys R Us, David Jones, Toyworld and various independents)

I talked to my local independent and they said they can't get it, even though they have had the ideas sets in the past. He also mentioned that it was going to be an exclusive. Edited by BrickCurve

Weird that it would be an exclusive then given previous Ideas sets have not been.

Spotted the Brick Bank, and Ferrari F40 at Myers today. Toy sales coming up soon, it seems.

So far its 0 for 4 in QLD in terms of MYER stores having any decent stock (i.e. modulars, big sets, d2c etc). Nothing in the CBD store at all as of earlier today (and the CBD store is usually the one with the best stock levels).

I did however see a couple of Big Bang Theory Ideas sets yesterday at MYER in Garden City...

MYER has 20% off LEGO tomorrow (online starts today apparently). But the greedy SOBs have specifically EXCLUDED "Creator Expert" :(

Not so sure it's greedy, but rather foolish. People only buy them from there BECAUSE of the discount they usually have. The afol will instead use S@H where VIP points & whatever current promotion (not to mention many months earlier) are available. Not as good as 20% off, 28% off or 3 for 2, but who would buy Modulars etc from Myer at 0% off when there are better options?

Edited by Artanis I

Back to reality earlier 2 weeks ago. I went and cover all the places at CBD as mentioned by d-delay. However, I can't locate the TRU at Lonsdale St though.

Posted some images in my Flickr for my adventure.

Furthest I gone was Shop For Me which have good sets discount and also to Kmart at Victora Gardens Shopping Mall.

Until next time, I hope to cover other parts of Australia. :sweet:

Does anyone know which retail stores are stocking the LEGO Justice League Cosmic Clash Blu Ray that comes with the Cosmic Boy figure?

Does anyone know which retail stores are stocking the LEGO Justice League Cosmic Clash Blu Ray that comes with the Cosmic Boy figure?

Actually it just came out at Big W. Its says $16 on the shelf but after you scan it at the self serve register and hit "pay", it discounts to a price of $11.20. Also the figure comes inside the dvd case and some of the cases have a "minifigure included" picture on the front whereas others don't... so not sure if they all have one or not.

Good luck, I haven't seen it

Cheers mate, looks like it's eBay for me as my two Big W's have sold out. Found the Trickster one though!

I spotted the new Speed Champions sets at Target on the Gold Coast. I picked up the Audi R18. It's sticker hell.

I'm also curious to see how many Aussies purchased the GT3 RS. It's sold out already on Lego Shop. That's insane at the price it's going for worldwide.

I'm not sure this is the right topic to ask this but, does anyone know which store is getting the 76056 Ra's Al Ghul exclusive set in Australia?

No idea. I asked a Myer employee recently when the new Star Wars and Superheroes sets are expected to be released and apparantly they're not hitting Australian retailers until August. Conveniantly after the mid year toy sales have ended. :hmpf_bad: