Shoc

Quetzalcoatl's temple ruin

theaterindex.gif

I got my entry in just in time for the Indiana Jones contest, and thought I'd share some more pictures with anyone who wants to see them...

First, I have the backstory to the movie, if you don't read at least the end of this it may not make sense:

Indiana Jones and the Serpent Altar of Quetzalcoatl

The movie is set not long after the events of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Indiana and Marion are on their honeymoon in Mexico, which Indy is using, to Marion's dismay, as a chance to do more research on the Aztecs.

The newlyweds soon come across a strange old man named Monte, who tells them a story passed down through the generations of his family, about the Serpent Altar of Quetzalcoatl.

Apparently the altar is made of pure gold, and has the power to reanimate preserved corpses. Monte says it is kept atop of a tiny pyramid temple, hidden deep in the jungle. If any man enters its realm it will bring the mummified Aztec priest Quetzalopochtli back to life, and he will summon Quetzalcoatl, the great feathered serpent. Indy is interested by

this tale, but feels a little awkward because of his fear of snakes.

As Indy and Marion leave, they and Monte are captured and locked in a cell by three mysterious men, who say it is for their own protection. The leader of the group is the villainous Franciso Cortes and he demands to know about the altar. Monte, under pressure, tells him.

Indy, Marion and Monte manage to escape, and Indy phones Mutt in a cafe, asking for his help. Mutt arrives in an aeroplane and the three others meet him at the runway. Also at the runway is Francisco Cortes and his men. Indy overhears they are going to search the jungle from the skies to find Quetzalcoatl's temple, so he hijacks Mutt's plane with help from Marion and Monte, and they set off in an arial chase across the treetops.

Lots of shooting from the skies goes on between Indiana's and Cortes' planes, but neither plane gets too damaged. Eventually the passengers of both planes see the ruined temple with the shining altar atop, and Cortes' men shoot Indy's plane a little too much, which causes it to crash in the forest.

Indy, Marion, Mutt and Monte get out of their crashed plane and head for the little pyramid. When they are almost there, true to Monte's story, the mummy of Quetzalopochtli attacks them, and there is seemingly no way to kill him, but he seems to be afraid of Monte's small sword.

They get to the pyramid at the same time as Franciso Cortes and his men. Both groups blame each other for stealing the altar, but neither have. Cortes sneakily removes Indy's whip from him at the top of the pyramid, and he and his men aim their guns at Indy, Marion and Mutt, while Monte wards the mummy away with his sword, on the steps. Slowly, the rubble behind Cortes moves, and a feathered snake rises out of it, Quetzalcoatl, large, green and red. Cortes and his men do not notice, but Indy, Marion and Mutt do.

That is where this Lego-ized scene comes into place.

The three pictures I used in my entry post:

2_quetzalcoatl_front.jpg

1_quetzalcoatl_back.jpg

3_quetzalcoatl_face.jpg

A closer view of what is going on (sorry for the slight blur):

closer_action.jpg

The main human characters:

The :grin: guys; Monte, Indy, Marion and Mutt:

goodies.jpg

The :angry: guys; Quetzalopochtli, Henchman 1, Francisco Cortes, Henchman 2:

baddies.jpg

The ruined pyramid, without figs:

pyramid.jpg

The ruined pyramid, without the figs but with Quetzalcoatl:

temple_snake.jpg

A parrot watching the giant snake (with added ceiling!)

parrot_snake.jpg

The snake from the side, looking pretty weird (with more ceiling!):

side_snake.jpg

Quetzalcoatl from the back, giving a better view into the unstable construction of the snake (I used hidden hinges lower down to make it more rounded)

back_snake.jpg

I hope you like it, any criticism or questions is welcome! :thumbup:

:skull:

Edited by ImperialShadows

Nice MOC! I love the minifigs and the lizard but it dosen't really look to feathery also the story is to long I didn't bother reading it all. :classic:

Nice! I really like your use of colour and the use of those odd slope pieces at the top of the stairs is a unique touch.

The hinged scaly/ slopey red underbelly of the serpent looks great too.

Nice MOC Shoc :thumbup: . I like the minifigs and the idea but the temple don´t looks exactly like a temple :sceptic: I suggest to use some other darker colors to do it looks more ancient :wink: .

Thanks for the comments guys!

Nice MOC! I love the minifigs and the lizard but it dosen't really look to feathery also the story is to long I didn't bother reading it all. :classic:

The bamboo leaf pieces are meant to be feathers, but it's not easy to make it look feathery otherwise. I understand why you didn't bother read the story, it is a little long... :classic:

Nice MOC Shoc :thumbup: . I like the minifigs and the idea but the temple don´t looks exactly like a temple :sceptic: I suggest to use some other darker colors to do it looks more ancient :wink: .

It's meant to be ruined, and also a pyramid so it may not look like your stereotypical temple. I do think maybe I did do the colours odd... :sceptic:

In the title you post it is an altar something I missed and this looks exactly like an altar so good entry :classic: . I just finally suggest after look again at your entry you to build some small destroyed pillar and add some torches with fire :wink: .

In the title you post it is an altar something I missed and this looks exactly like an altar so good entry :classic: . I just finally suggest after look again at your entry you to build some small destroyed pillar and add some torches with fire :wink: .

Well, I can't change it for entering now hehe...

By the way, it isn't an altar. It is a pyramid. The altar is what everyone is looking for and it is meant to be on the pyramid, but it has dissapeared...