Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Castle - Building Challenge Discussion

My entry is done; I'll edit this post with pictures later - or do you want us to post them in a seperate thread?

Either way; it's done and is probably completely non-canonical - it does show an event that did happen, but I doubt this is the exact way in which it happened XD

~Trexxen (also no poo in my entry!)

My entry is done; I'll edit this post with pictures later - or do you want us to post them in a seperate thread?

Either way; it's done and is probably completely non-canonical - it does show an event that did happen, but I doubt this is the exact way in which it happened XD

Glad to hear that it's done! The entries thread will be up soon along with Day 5. Until then, contemplate on your decisions yesterday people... :alien:

~Trexxen (also no poo in my entry!)

Well I'm glad! :laugh:

I'm almost done! I've slightly changed my idea, but I think it's good! How much over hang is allowed again?

I'm almost done! I've slightly changed my idea, but I think it's good! How much over hang is allowed again?

2. There are to be no structural overhangs, however you may of course have the odd weapon, body part, or plant etc hanging over a little. This is up to your discretion, however I will tell you if something is inappropriate. Just don't cheat by sticking a 16x16 plate on top!

There's your answer. Now quick, go hide before Ragnir realises you asked a silly question. :tongue:

Basically with the overhang, it is fine to have some legs or plants or some small amount of brickwork sticking over the edge (as long as it is no more than half a stud, eg. a snot tile that sticks out slightly from the wall) however there is to be no major structural overhang, that is try and keep everything building-wise within the 8x8 plate. I'm sure whatever you build will be fine, I'll tell you if it is a huge breach of the rules. :wink:

Edited by Dragonator

and will feature the life of Brian Byron...

Regards Cpt. PB

How shall we brick off, oh lord?

I don't know if I'll enter. Not that I'm quitting Mystery Castle, but I've got some EBRP'ing to do and I'm not very good at MOCing anyways. Don't take personal offence if my entry is a poor effort Ragnir and Dragonator.

I don't know if I'll enter. Not that I'm quitting Mystery Castle, but I've got some EBRP'ing to do and I'm not very good at MOCing anyways. Don't take personal offence if my entry is a poor effort Ragnir and Dragonator.

Well, try your best to get something in. It doesn't have to be fancy, just something that reflects what you think of the game so far, or what you have enjoyed, something like that. It doesn't take long to make a vignette, you should easily get something worthy done in less than an hour. :classic:

Well, keep those entries coming! :grin: We haven't had any yet... :look: It looks like Ragnir's going to be on a rampage during day 7...

Mate i would love to make a vig, however most of my bricks are in my next giant Castle Moc, and ive been stuck waiting over 6 weeks now for a lousy $20 BL order to finish it off :hmpf_bad:

Thought we'd forget about this??!! I'm photographing right now. Be warned, it's not a great build, or even a good build. It's nothing that would impress me if I hadn't built it, but I'm working on other stuff at the moment! Expect it soon!

Yeah, I'm just waiting for a decal, and then I'll be done. Sadly, I've abandoned my original "Poop on the Soldiers" idea, but for a better one :sweet: . Expect it the day I get my decal :angry: ( :laugh:).

Oh, mine's ready - in fact, if you're really desperate I believe that at this point the gallery is indeed public on my Brickshelf for it...

I'm waiting until the start of the next day to post it, though. Not because of spoilers (it's an event that happened a while back), but because...uh...well, I don't really have a reason, lol.

I guess I'm lazy...maybe something in the back of my mind thinks of this as a sort of blackmail by contest entry, but nope, just lazy =P

~Trexxen (Also, I just realized - this is both my first castle MOC AND my first Vignette. Ever. Seriously...>_>)

Hey guys, hope you have not forgotten about me. I had just completed my vig for Dragonator's Mystery Castle. It's my first vig, so please be very very kind to me. :tongue:

I really not sure when is the deadline, but I encouraged particpants of Mystery Castle to show your enthusiasm for this great contest.

Mystery Castle on! :thumbup:

Hey guys, hope you have not forgotten about me.

AAAAAHHHHH! GHOST! :skull:

You know, for a ghost, you did a very nice job on that scene! :thumbup:

Yay, our first entry is in! :sweet:

Yes, well done WhiteFang! I am glad you decided to take part. You have set a great standard for the rest of the participants to follow. I hope some of the other 'dead' people also enter, that way we will have a few more entries. The more the merrier! :grin:

Now, about the deadline, it is supposed to be at the end of Day 6, which is 5 days away (Day 6 will be up very soon). However, if some of you need more time, then I would be happy to extend the deadline to the end of Day 7. After all, we want as many entries as possible, so I don't want anyone missing out. :wink:

Of course, if you are all fine with the deadline, then it will end at the end of Day 6 as planned. I look forward to all your great entries; this is sure to be great fun!

I think an extension will give me a good chance of finishing my latest MOC (see sig) and then destroy it and make a vig for mystery castle

I vote: extension :tongue:

AAAAAHHHHH! GHOST! :skull:

You know, for a ghost, you did a very nice job on that scene! :thumbup:

I am a wandering castle spirit, lingering around Mystery Castle. :devil:

Thanks for your kind comments. It's my first time attempting to build a vig and I glad you liked it. :sweet:

Yay, our first entry is in! :sweet:

Yes, well done WhiteFang! I am glad you decided to take part. You have set a great standard for the rest of the participants to follow. I hope some of the other 'dead' people also enter, that way we will have a few more entries. The more the merrier! :grin:

Hope we will have more particpants (dead or alive) to show support for Mystery Castle. Dragonator had done a great job so far, and to show our love for him, we should do some vigs for him. Except at times, I know during the days in Mystery Castle, he do annoyed us sometimes. :tongue:

Hope we will have more particpants (dead or alive) to show support for Mystery Castle. Dragonator had done a great job so far, and to show our love for him, we should do some vigs for him. Except at times, I know during the days in Mystery Castle, he do annoyed us sometimes. :tongue:

Me, annoying? Never! :tongue: Thanks once again for entering, the game and I miss your input! We still have the RP game though, so not all is lost. :laugh:

I think an extension will give me a good chance of finishing my latest MOC (see sig) and then destroy it and make a vig for mystery castle

I vote: extension :tongue:

Yes, I also vote: extension. Just need that decal *hops to and fro anxiously*!

Edited by Adam

Done maybe half of my vig. It's good if you ask me, glad I took Dragonator's advice and got building. My vig is more a "poking fun at" then an actual representation of Mystery Castle, but I'm sure it'll all end up well.

Right, it has been decided that there shall be an extension. Due to Day 6 ending so early, the extension will go until a date now. That date is...

27th July

So, that gives you around 2 weeks, so plenty of time people. :wink: Show me something great! :sweet:

Right, it has been decided that there shall be an extension. Due to Day 6 ending so early, the extension will go until a date now. That date is...

27th July

So, that gives you around 2 weeks, so plenty of time people. :wink: Show me something great! :sweet:

Huzzah!

I've got to photograph mine. It's not something I'm really proud of, but I had lots of other projects in the works when I built it, which I have just finished! Ready to see quite a few posts from me in the next week?! Anywho, mine will be up next Monday.

P.S. AgentRicks, why are you posting here and NOT in Mystery Castle...

Edited by Zepher

yeah and notice who posted before him :hmpf_bad:

well, so far i have loved this game, thanks Dragonator for the game and its great detail. im happy to hear your traveling, i hope you enjoy the break and come back with some interesting ideas... also if i may ask are you traveling around the beautiful NZ if so what sights are you visiting... i must fly over some time and see the rock pools, in the volcanic region!!