Sign in to follow this  
CVSPIS_CELIDVS

Aprene Chess Set

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 14c

Ladies and gentlemen, please let me introduce the chess set of Aprene.

chess-01.jpg

Pieces of White set are Empress' Guard, and those of Black are Marines.

chess-02.jpg

chess-03.jpg

chess-04.jpg

chess-05.jpg

chess-06.jpg

chess-07.jpg

chess-08.jpg

chess-09.jpg

White pawns: Empress' Guard Line Infantrymen.

chess-pawns-01.jpg

Black pawns: marine riflemen.

chess-pawns-02.jpg

Kings: Empress of Aprene as White king, and Prince of Stenno as Black one.

chess-kings.jpg

Queens: vice commander of the Empress' Guard as White queen, and Master Chief as Black one.

chess-queens.jpg

Bishops: Empress' Grenadier as White bishops, and marine grenadier as Black ones.

chess-bishops.jpg

Knights: Empress' Horse Guard as White knights, and marine dragoon as Black ones.

chess-knights.jpg

Rooks: Empress' Artillery as White rooks, and marine field artilleryman as Black ones.

chess-rooks.jpg

My Brickshelf gallery.

Thank you. :pir-wink:

:pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub:

I want one! I am guessing this is based around something else that i know absoloutely nothing about!!

If Lego was to release a set like this i think i would not be able to resist it... i prefer this set to the ones that have been released by Lego, the only CC i can offer this piece of art is that maybe the towers are too big, that said im not sure you really could make them smaller so maybe its actually the board squares that are small...

but all in all great work! do you mind if i steal copy, some of the designs, untill now i had not considered making my own set!

regards Cpt. PB

This chess set is showing quite a bit of imagination. Just to confirm, this is your creation, is it not CVSPIS CELIDVS?

That is such a beautiful chess set! :pir-wub: I would love to build one like that! Such detail, it is astounding! Nice work! :thumbup:

I love the little details such as the baby dragons on the black throne and the various different weapons. It is also nice to see that some of the pawns are unique.

The details on the towers are of particular note. Really impressive, well done indeed.

Great techniques - Particularly like the use of old-style fireman's tops and tyres as busbys!

Nice one.

Rog

Edited by rriggs

I concur with Captain Greenhair.

Magnificent and original piece of work :thumbup:

Keep up the good work :pir-classic:

Impressive assortment of figures! It's interesting that you've switched the genders of the king and queen for the white side and even more interesting that the white queen king (:pir-tongue:) looks like she's long since expired due to her pallid and seemingly lifeless visage.

That is a very nice chess set you've got! How much did it cost to get all the pieces?

Probably quite a fair amount, taking into consideration the large numbers Lego rubber bands and Brickarms M1 Garands (Excellent choice of weapon, by the way). :pir-wink:

That looks amazing, considering you don't have many Shakos or torsos with the soldier print. I really like it, especially the great Grenider design.

I have had a closer look at the ultimate chess set, did you use Legos design for the bases or did you actually mod them a little because they look similar but curiously different?

Regards Cpt. PB

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

This is absolutely amazing! I just love the way you used the firemen's helmets and the caps instead of the "normal" shakos and triangle hats. This'll be a MOC to steal learn from... :pir-laugh:

Very nice chess set. I'd like one of those.

I especially like the rooks on both sides. The black pawns is some very nice soldiers as well.

Good work :classic:

Great work on this Chess Set!

There is a lot of great detail in this MOC. :thumbup:

I really like it.

I should make a Piratey Chess set. :pir-classic:

I've added this MOC to the Land-Based MOC Index.

Great work!

And thanx for sharing. :pir-sweet:

Thank you for your comments. :pir-classic:

This chess set is showing quite a bit of imagination. Just to confirm, this is your creation, is it not CVSPIS CELIDVS?

Of course, Sir. :pir-blush:

i prefer this set to the ones that have been released by Lego, the only CC i can offer this piece of art is that maybe the towers are too big, that said im not sure you really could make them smaller so maybe its actually the board squares that are small...

but all in all great work! do you mind if i steal copy, some of the designs, untill now i had not considered making my own set!

I saw the pictures of the official giant chess set in detail two weeks ago, and found that the bases of the pieces in the first row are only 4x4 studs.

Perhaps my rooks are too big (especially the top of the rook), however, the larger base (6x6 studs) makes it more possible for delicateness.

I steal learn many designs and building techniques in this forum, thus, please feel free to steal copy some of mine also. :pir-wink:

That is a very nice chess set yoou've got! How much did it cost to get all the pieces?

Here I briefly list the parts of the set I collected and the estimated cost : (in USD$)

Chessboard: $36.63

Gray Baseplate 48x48: $11 (bought about 16 years ago)

Black Tile 2x2: $0.034 x 288 pcs = $9.792

White Tile 2x2: $0.055 x 288 pcs = $15.84

Parts collected in Dec 2007: $2.38

in Feb 2008: $32.52 (Tiles excluded)

in Mar 2008: c.a. $48.00

in Apr 2008: $37.00 (10 shakos & 10 epaulettes)

in May 2008: $4.41

BrickArms collection: $22.00 (20 M1 rifles & 4 potato mashers)

Total estimated: c.a. $182.94 (but shipping & insurance cost NOT included)

Grand Total estimated: $182.94 x [100%+30%(estimated rate of shipping, insurance & additional charges)] = c.a. $237.82

I have had a closer look at the ultimate chess set, did you use Legos design for the bases or did you actually mod them a little because they look similar but curiously different?

In the beginning I'd like to just copy the Lego design for bases of pawns but I didn't have the same parts. So I modified them. :pir-tongue:

Edited by CVSPIS_CELIDVS