Sign in to follow this  
lego.ryan

The Lestrange Vault

theaterindex.gif

My newest MOC, Bellatrix Lestrange's vault at the wizard bank Gringotts. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the goblin Griphook must break in and steal the cup of Helga Hufflepuff (one of Voldemort's horcruxes), but encounter some difficulty when everything in the vault starts to multiply and burn them.

Constructive criticism and questions are welcome! :thumbup:

2617898238_f0fcec91b9.jpg

2617075419_3ac7311425.jpg

2617899970_b8a2db20ef.jpg

2617075827_10c6f64927_m.jpg2617077291_361e571cd8_m.jpg2617900976_d048969377_m.jpg2617078145_696721351a_m.jpg

Larger pictures can be viewed on my flickr page (link in signature). Feel free to leave me comments and notes on there if you want!

-Ryan

Oooh, shiny. Me like shiny. Yes precious, shiiiny. *Gollum-ness over* Very nice use of slope pieces for the walls, and all that shiny stuff. Ooooh, shiny.... :thumbup:

That's just how I had the scene in my mind. It's perfect! :laugh::thumbup:

I really like all those things that shine, the cup on the sword, how the vault is built,... And then everything duplicates, the door breaks off and they fly away on the dragon. :cry_happy:

Are you going to make more HP MOC's?

This is almost exactly how I pictured the scene from the book so good work, "me likey many shiny Legos", and the cave walls also look good :sweet: . I just hope that there will be enough space in there after every thing multiplys itself, for Indiana Jones and company followed by some Nazis :look: .

i just noticed she even stole the ark of the covenant! what a fiend :cry_sad:

and the idol of fertillay

wait is that my lightning crystal? :oh3:

[runs to check for it in the attic]

:wink:

I love it! That part was one of my favourites in the book, and this is a brilliant and funny interpretation of it!

This is almost exactly how I pictured the scene from the book so good work.

I agree with both of these statements, it's very similar to how a lot of us imagined it! (but without the Ark of the Covenant and the golden idol) :tongue:

:skull:

Hey, great MOC, its just how i imagened it to be. i really like all of the treasure and valuebles. But wasnt the a dragon in this part? If you put in a dragon from the Castle theme, it would be so awesome.

Very nice work, really! :thumbup:

But looking at some little idol in the right of the pics should we admit that Voldemort stole it from Belocq or was Belocq a disciple of Voldemort? LOL :tongue:

Edited by BlueBard

Just like kill will said: Shiny! I like this scene very, very much! The Hogwarts shield is a nice touch and the walls are well constructed. Chapeau!

Hey, great MOC, its just how i imagened it to be. i really like all of the treasure and valuebles. But wasnt the a dragon in this part? If you put in a dragon from the Castle theme, it would be so awesome.

There was a dragon in this part, but not for a while. First they had to get through all the hot multiplying objects, which seem to have been demostrated very well in this MOC! :sing:

Multiplication On!

Yes, It really looks like Belatrix is a fan of Indiana Jones. Who knew?

This is a great representation of that scene. The walls are interesting without distracting from the hoard.

Nice work!

-Tohst

I like it with all of it's shiny stuff (there could've been more, though, but if that's all you've got, then it's okay), but I'm not so sure about the walls. To me, they don't look very cavey... I'm not sure if the protrusions on the wall give the right impression.

One thing you could've possibly added is the round vault door, similar to the one on the book cover.

But I do like it, it's great to see more Harry Potter stuff here!

I am really loving this creation! The walls are great, the treasures are great and I just love the Indy stuff...

Thats a great HP Moc, just like the book. And all the treasure is so awesome.

Only minor, ickle, tiny complaint, is the use of the technic bricks at the front, but its does not stop this from being one of my favourite HP mocs EVER.

Great work.

Yet another amazing vig from you - you just keep churning them out!

Great job - I'm currently rereading book 7, for the 4th time, and this is a wonderful tribute.

Tom

:oh: Wow, this thing got a ton of replies!

Oooh, shiny. Me like shiny. Yes precious, shiiiny. *Gollum-ness over* Very nice use of slope pieces for the walls, and all that shiny stuff. Ooooh, shiny.... :thumbup:

Haha, thanks. This MOC gave me the perfect chance to show off my shiny stuff.

And I don't mind the Gollum-ness, I've been watching Return of the King (Extended Edition :thumbup:) quite frequently.

i just noticed she even stole the ark of the covenant! what a fiend :cry_sad:

Well, she is pretty awful... :devil:

I only put the Ark and the fertility idol in the MOC to see if anyone would pick up on it, and it looks like everyone did! :laugh:

I really like all those things that shine, the cup on the sword, how the vault is built,... And then everything duplicates, the door breaks off and they fly away on the dragon. :cry_happy:

Are you going to make more HP MOC's?

Thank you! That is always my favorite compliment to hear.

And I'll definitely make some more, I just need some ideas... :sweet:

This is almost exactly how I pictured the scene from the book so good work, "me likey many shiny Legos", and the cave walls also look good :sweet: . I just hope that there will be enough space in there after every thing multiplys itself, for Indiana Jones and company followed by some Nazis :look: .

Again, that's always my favorite compliment to get on any of my creations.

And I'm sure Indy'll find his way in. :wink:

:laugh:

I love it! That part was one of my favourites in the book, and this is a brilliant and funny interpretation of it!

I agree with both of these statements, it's very similar to how a lot of us imagined it! (but without the Ark of the Covenant and the golden idol) :tongue:

Thank you! :blush:

Thanks! And yes, there was a dragon, but it's described in the book as being silvery and pale and there's not really a Lego dragon that matches up with it. I thought it'd be better to leave it out instead of putting something in the MOC that wouldn't inaccurate.

Very nice work, really! :thumbup:

But looking at some little idol in the right of the pics should we admit that Voldemort stole it from Belocq or was Belocq a disciple of Voldemort? LOL :tongue:

Thank you! (I'm starting to repeat myself...)

And Belloq was a closeted Death Eater. :wink:

Just like kill will said: Shiny! I like this scene very, very much! The Hogwarts shield is a nice touch and the walls are well constructed. Chapeau!

Thanks! I hoped that someone one notice the Hogwarts shield in the corner. :sweet:

There was a dragon in this part, but not for a while. First they had to get through all the hot multiplying objects, which seem to have been demostrated very well in this MOC! :sing:

Multiplication On!

Aw, thank you!

And thanks for clearing the dragon part up for me. :thumbup:

Yes, It really looks like Bellatrix is a fan of Indiana Jones. Who knew?

This is a great representation of that scene. The walls are interesting without distracting from the hoard.

Nice work!

-Tohst

I always knew that there had to be something Bellatrix liked just as much as Voldemort and torture... turns out it's Indy!

And thanks for the comments on the walls, I wanted them to look cavelike without overshadowing all the shiny stuff.

I like it with all of it's shiny stuff (there could've been more, though, but if that's all you've got, then it's okay), but I'm not so sure about the walls. To me, they don't look very cavey... I'm not sure if the protrusions on the wall give the right impression.

One thing you could've possibly added is the round vault door, similar to the one on the book cover.

But I do like it, it's great to see more Harry Potter stuff here!

Thanks! And I agree on the door thing, I just didn't have enough pieces (especially brown... the Flying Dutchman is eating them up currently!) to do it correctly, so I decided not to include it. And I'll make sure to look at some more mountainous MOCs before I start on my next one (a castle-themed snowy mountain) so I can see what I can do differently. Thanks again! :sweet:

I am really loving this creation! The walls are great, the treasures are great and I just love the Indy stuff...

Thanks very much! And thanks for always posting comments on my flickr page, I really enjoy them! :laugh:

Thats a great HP Moc, just like the book. And all the treasure is so awesome.

Only minor, ickle, tiny complaint, is the use of the technic bricks at the front, but its does not stop this from being one of my favourite HP mocs EVER.

Great work.

Thanks! I hate the technic holes in the front, I tried covering them up but it always looked droopy. :sceptic:

The only reason I used them though was for the size of the plates themselves, and that they interlocked with one another on the inside.

And one of your favorite Harry Potter creations ever? Thank you! :blush:

Yet another amazing vig from you - you just keep churning them out!

Great job - I'm currently rereading book 7, for the 4th time, and this is a wonderful tribute.

Tom

Thank you! I have been churning out quite a lot lately... I've been bitten by the MOC bug!

Thanks again everyone for all the compliments and helpful comments! :laugh:

Sorry to bump a really old topic but as it is HP Month I thought I might be forgiven!

This is brilliant, I can't believe I missed it when you first posted. :cry_sad:

After recently watching the new movie I decided to re-read the book, so this scene is fresh in my mind and I think it is just perfect, exactly how I would have built it if only I had the pieces!

This must have been just before all the multiplying treasure started to burn or else you would need some screaming faces. Haha.

Really well done!!!

Harry with the cup on the sword captures the book perfectly!

Excellent MOC, but I quizzed my son and he couldn't tell me which it was from....any clues ?

Keep on casting spells ! :grin:

Cover of the book? :classic:

Anyways great MOC!

Hope to see more from you!

Where did you get Harry's jacket from? Looks really good! :classic: Great MOC, Just as it looks in the film! Well done and great job! :sweet: