Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Fabuland Sherwood Forest Diorama

indexed.gif

So, here is the third and final Fabuland MOC Copmike and I brought to BrickWorld:

Fabuland Sherwood Forest

sherwood_forest_02.jpg

Click image to see full gallery

This was probably the least popular of our MOCs, but the most detailed. Here are the custom figs (I was in a bit of a hurry so the decal application isn't perfect. :blush:)

Robin Hood

sherwood_forest_41.jpg

Little John

sherwood_forest_42.jpg

Merry Man

sherwood_forest_43.jpg

I don't remember what inspired this one or what possessed us to see the idea through, but I really like the end result. Here are some more pics (click on any to see the full gallery):

sherwood_forest_06.jpgsherwood_forest_16.jpgsherwood_forest_15.jpg

Enjoy and please feel free to leave feedback. :sweet:

Hehe, that's very cool. I really like the well, and the road looks great too. Of course the treehut and coach are wonderful too, fitting nicely into Fabuland. And the Fabuland tree in there is the icing on the cake. :laugh::thumbup:

Hm, I spy a Walrus. :grin:

~Peace

Edited by iamded

It was the least popular because it isn't Star Wars, not because it is lacking. If there was a current Forestmen line, or the Disney Robin Hood was currently popular again, it would have been better received.

That said, I really like a lot of the elements here, and I'll be sure to steal liberally from it. :wink:

For example: I love this window and everything around it, especially the fence.

sherwood_forest_23.jpg

Too many details to get specific about, it's just a really good overall effort, from the overhanging belly on Little John to the very detailed tree house, with those windows I love, to the King's carriage with upside down doors. Upside down doors. Hey, that works. :thumbup:

Great job!

Rat tail kid didn't comment on this? :laugh:

Rat tail kid didn't comment on this? :laugh:

Even though this sat between the two Star Wars Fabuland MOCs, a lot of people skipped over it. Rat-tail-kid was so blinded with rage he missed it altogether. The most common comment we got from little kids about this MOC was "Ha ha, they slit his throat" :laugh:

sherwood_forest_06.jpg

I really like the well, and the road looks great too.

Both 100% Copmike contributions! He also rigged the cow to look like she was jumping off the roof of the well. Can you figure out how?

sherwood_forest_08.jpg

Both 100% Copmike contributions! He also rigged the cow to look like she was jumping off the roof of the well. Can you figure out how?

Hmm.

Hmmm...

Fabuland magic? :grin:

~Peace

Fabuland magic? :grin:

~Peace

:laugh: :laugh: Precisely. :sweet:

That's more than awesome! Weird that this diorama didn't get that much attention. I immediately thought at Disney's animation movie. The details are also nice, the only thing I think is out of place is that Fabuland tree. This MOC has made me want even more Fabuland figures and sets...

:classic::thumbup:

Edited by Matn

I love this MOC, it looks very cool. The tree is fabulously designed! :sweet:

The most common comment we got from little kids about this MOC was "Ha ha, they slit his throat" :laugh:

Oh dear!

sherwood_forest_08.jpg

Aaack... How?! The suspense is killing me! :sing:

:skull:

Lovely MOC, really! :classic:

It made me think of Disney's Robin Hood too, excepting for the two elephant guards killed, of course... :tongue:

Great work. The figs are even the same critters as in the Disney version, that must be where you got the idea...

I'm falling in love with Fabuland more and more each time I see another one of these MOCs :wub:

Nice work Hinckley and Copmike!

Even though this sat between the two Star Wars Fabuland MOCs, a lot of people skipped over it. Rat-tail-kid was so blinded with rage he missed it altogether. The most common comment we got from little kids about this MOC was "Ha ha, they slit his throat" :laugh:

Kids these days... :tongue:

It's a very nice MOC. Love that it's Robin Hood Themed :sweet:

haha, very funny. as many others have said, you must have gotten the idea from Disney's animated Robin Hood. Either that or you two are going crazy :laugh::tongue:. i can see why people skipped over this, they probably didnt know what it was. i didnt until you told me it was robin hood. or maybe it looked bad in comparison to the two SW dioramas. :laugh: (not that this looks bad at all...!) hmmm... can fabuland legs move separatley from each other? otherwise its godly powers.

Sicne when are you trying to make walruses look Cute?

Great work on all 3 Fabuland Mocs. I think the cow is handing off a pole type thingie. My only constructive-critisism is the wheels look too small for the carrige, but nothing can be done about that. So Great work Copmike and Hinckley!

Staudie.

I can see why people skipped over this, they probably didnt know what it was. I didnt until you told me it was robin hood.

Yeah, I couldn't tell what it was when I saw it for the first time either. :tongue: But that didn't stop me from looking at it because, at first, I thought it was a Fabulized Endor scene! :laugh: But than I saw the carriage and the medieval looking figs. :wink: Something like an Endor scene would be great, though. :grin: