BillytheKid

Show Your Army, Navy, and Collection Display

I was about to take pics, but my camera needed charging. :hmpf_bad: I will definately add pictures tomorrow. Sorry. :cry_sad:

No problemo :wink:

Well I cant take a picture because I dont want to find all them and im lazy! :grin:

I have about 60-70 of them probly 80-90 including super battle droids.

Well I cant take a picture because I dont want to find all them and im lazy! :grin:

I have about 60-70 of them probly 80-90 including super battle droids.

Ok, at first I was joking.

Now I am serious.

This topic is intended for pictures of EB members' armies.

Not for posting how many you've got of either this or that.

And posting crap like: "I am too lazy" will get you nowhere, but the chamber.

:hmpf_bad:

Oky Wan Kenobi, please resize the images to 640 x 480.

Done. Sorry about that. :blush:

Not much.

Pictures were heavily oversized, so I removed them.

Alright, so what do you think now? :grin:

Thanks, Oky Wan Kenobi! :wink: Your droid army is impressive and well organised. By the way the CP3O in the droid outfit is funny. Thanks for sharing!

So, what do you think?

:oh: AMAZING simply amazing! I knew you where a big star wars fan but this is ridiculous! :wub: I cannot believe you have 17 slave lea figures :look: that's awesome congratulations on your army it is big!

P.S I meant ridiculous in a good way! :wink::vader:

Edited by computerbug

Your droid army is impressive and well organised. By the way the CP3O in the droid outfit is funny.

Thank you, WhiteFang!

Yup. That's me. Always well organized. :tongue:

I cannot believe you have 17 slave lea figures :look: that's awesome.

I can't believe it myself! :grin: The catch of having so many is that they don't have hair, though. :sceptic: Next time I get something from S@H, I'll have to order a bunch of ponytail wigs from PAB. Once I do, I'll post pics of them. Right now, I have them on display with every fig wearing a different kind of female wig. Looks quite interesting; perhaps I'll post pics of that as well...

congratulations on your army it is huge!

Thanks, but now you're just overdoing it. :hmpf: Many armies that have been posted here are a lot larger than mine, so it's not that huge. :sceptic:

But you are right, it does look pretty impressive. :grin: Thanks for the compliments. :blush:

P.S I meant ridiculous in a good way! :wink::vader:

You better did! :angry::laugh:

Perfect.

That's one impressive army of droids.

The MOD snail tank is awesome. (not like the one we're getting in 2009 :sick: )

Perfect.

That's one impressive army of droids.

Thanks, KimT! :classic:

The MOD snail tank is awesome. (not like the one we're getting in 2009 :sick: )

Thank you for commenting on that. I really like how it turned out as well. But how do you know what the 09 set will look like? :look: Or are you just refering to the fact that it will most probably have a dark bley and blue color scheme like those in the Clone Wars movie?

Here you go:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=342937

I have way more....in a box somewhere in the attic. :hmpf_bad: I could not bear to rip apart the setup I made, so I took pics of some of the armies in battle. Some of the Imps are mixed in there as well.

EDIT: I'll take pics of ALL the vehicles tomorrrow. I am too tired right now.

JD

Btw, Oky I love your Snail Tank. :thumbup: I need to make one like that! I have got every set with BDs in them, except the first MTT. I got one of the second, but I think 10 Droid BPs I bought made up for it. A LOT! :grin: You were lucky getting two MTTs!

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Thanks, but now you're just overdoing it. :hmpf: Many armies that have been posted here are a lot larger than mine, so it's not that huge. :sceptic:

But you are right, it does look pretty impressive. :grin: Thanks for the compliments. :blush:

Well I know other armies are bigger so I guess that means if yours is huge theirs must be leviathan ! See there are words that mean larger than huge! :tongue: And btw I edited that post to big not huge sorry for exaggerating! *huh*

Edited by computerbug

I've never really made any dioramas, even though I have more than enough sets to do it, I don't have enough random pieces to make a backround setting, like green pieces or sand pieces, so I just put them all up on hundreds of light gray tiles. (Not bley, they don't make them anymore... I think.)

so I just put them all up on hundreds of light gray tiles. (Not bley, they don't make them anymore... I think.)
Bley=Light Bluish Gray -in production since 2003

Light Gray-in production 1954-2008, replaced by Light Bluish Grey

You´ll run out of Light Grey in a distant future .....

CopMike

Bley=Light Bluish Gray -in production since 2003

Light Gray-in production 1954-2008, replaced by Light Bluish Grey

You´ll run out of Light Grey in a distant future .....

CopMike

I meant they stopped making the tiles, not the color! :tongue: Err...now I'm confused. What I mean is, I have hundreds of 50X50 light gray tiles, I think, maybe 40X40, and I just keep buying them from bricklink.

Edited by Darth Legolas

I meant they stopped making the tiles, not the color! :tongue: Err...now I'm confused. What I mean is, I have hundreds of 50X50 light gray tiles, I think, maybe 40X40, and I just keep buying them from bricklink.
Tile48288.gifLargest made 8x16. Smooth surface.

Plate728.gifLargest made 8x11. Studs on surface.

What are you using?

CopMike

Tile48288.gifLargest made 8x16. Smooth surface.

Plate728.gifLargest made 8x11. Studs on surface.

What are you using?

CopMike

50X50 baseplates. The ones with flat surfaces, with no studs or stud holes on the bottom, and studs all over the top. Like with roads.

baseplate1.jpg

Wow, this has gotten off-topic...

Edited by Darth Legolas

50X50 baseplates. The ones with flat surfaces, with no studs or stud holes on the bottom, and studs all over the top. Like with roads.

Wow, this has gotten off-topic...

Well I guess you now know the difference beteween a tile, a plate & a baseplate :wink:?

Yep, time to go back on topic .........

CopMike

Well I guess you now know the difference beteween a tile, a plate & a baseplate :wink:?

Yep, time to go back on topic .........

CopMike

Which is?

Showing your dioramas?

Well that is done by posting them and having them indexed in the pinned MOC, MOD and Diorama Index.

I kinda found the display baseplate discussion rather interesting...

I found this interesting as well. :wink: Well, you certainly have many baseplates, right? :laugh:

Couldn`t someone just change the name and we could make this a discussion thread for tiles, plates, and baseplates?

:tongue:

Couldn`t someone just change the name and we could make this a discussion thread for tiles, plates, and baseplates?

:tongue:

Done :grin:

OK... So, we are talking about baseplates in relation to displays now? :look:

Well, I don't really use baseplates for my displays. Usually, it's just vehicles on a shelf. The good guys' vehicles face one way, the bad guys' vehicles face the other, so that it look like the two factions are rolling toward each other. I only use baseplates when I want to display single minifigs (like a formation of BDs or a Jedi leading his clones into battle) or include a certain scenery.

On a side note: I think there should be a topic where members are asked to post pics of their displays. That would make much more sense than topics like this one. :tongue: What do you guys think?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Who said you couldn't post a picture of your display here?

There's a difference between displays and dioramas and they way you share them.

By all means do show us how you've set up your SW collection at home.

I hope that was the original intend with this topic.

I've just tried to make the title a little more suitable than it was.

This is the topic for showing your collection on display and discussing the way you display it.

Baseplates, tiles, nothing and so forth.

Sadly this is how my collection is displayed:

sw1.jpg

i dont usually get baseplates since they are "expensive" to me. :tongue: i have so far bought only 1 x-large bley baseplate. but i have bought bulk used lego from ebay and flea markets, which included baseplates. best way to get lego pieces imo. :thumbup:

@ kimt: lol...that's funny. i have no space now so i break-down my sets and store the pieces in ziplog bags and the bags in 50/60L tubs.