29 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Seeming as there were no reviews of this set in the index I have uploaded mine from Jabbas Hutt .

Here is my review for LEGO set 10178 Motorized walking AT-AT

Because I live in the UK I got this set with 6 free duracell batteries which was great! (It's just twice as expensive as the US)

Heres the basic set that is from the instructions.

dsc00514.jpg.jpg

This is the cockpit but please note after I took this photo I realised it was slightly built wrong.

dsc00515.jpg.jpg

Heres one of the feet in proportion to a minifig to give you a general size.

dsc00516.jpg.jpg

This is Luke Skywalker swinging on a wire trying to destroy the AT-AT I really wish LEGO didn't make so many Luke's because I want differnt minifigs. It would also be nice for a thermal detonator piece.

dsc00517.jpg.jpg

Underneath the AT-AT you can see the shaft that moves the back legs, the motor and squeezed in on the righ t the massive battery box.

dsc00518.jpg.jpg

A load of cogs that move the legs.

dsc00519.jpg.jpg

These are the included figures Snowtrooper, General Maximilian Veers, AT-AT Driver/Pilot or whatever you want to call him and Luke all whithout there wepons. please note Veers should have a dark stone snowtroooper torso with 4 red and blue badge things not 3.

dsc00520.jpg.jpg

These are the figures with weapons I gave them and the included ones Snowtrooper has new style blaster, Veers has Standard light grey pistol like the ones from the old adventure sets, AT-AT driver has old style blaster which I call heavy Blaster and Luke has SHINY HANDLE blue Light Sabre . The Shiny blue light sabre was included with the set which is a bonus because i really dont like the grey ones.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Skipper2...sc00521.jpg.jpg

This is the switch which is attached to the battery box on either side of the AT-AT underneath the lift up side panels. you push the forward to walk forward and backward to walk backwards simple eh :tongue: .

dsc00522.jpg.jpg

A front veiw with the the panels open.

dsc00523.jpg.jpg

Here are the Drivers controls which are simply a cotrol panel and 2 exo-force robot hands which are joystick things seen in the film if you look closley.

dsc00524.jpg.jpg

The almost useless carry handle.

dsc00525.jpg.jpg

This is the weird back piece.

dsc00527.jpg.jpg

Looking down the AT-AT from the back where you can see the the battery box and switch.

dsc00528.jpg.jpg

Troops decending from ropes and cables and Vader leading the assult for this I hadnt got any more imp's so I used Clones Pilots. (I now have a whole load more snowtroopers)

dsc00530.jpg.jpg

Solo and Chewie sabotaging.

dsc00531.jpg.jpg

More troops to squash rebel scum huzahh!

dsc00532.jpg.jpg

A very bad picture of everyone packed up inside.

dsc00534.jpg.jpg

The size incomparison to its predecessor

dsc00535.jpg.jpg

Overall I would give this set 9/10 because it should come with more snowtroopers or it could be and Endor version with loads of strormies and scout troopers. Aswell as this you can really sit any one down because of the battery box but I stilll find space to put all the shown figures on this review in the interior as you can see on the above image the chains and ropes are hanging down a bit. Tjis set is now limited to 5 per customer in the UK and now no longer comes with free batteries. The walking on this is a bit wonky and dosen't really walk like they do in the film as it moves two legs at a time. I am currently attaching a motor to the head to make it move independently.

Nice review, I have the original AT-AT and I like it a lot.

Considered buying this one but it being motorized made me not. Also, I think a set this size could really come with some more snowies!

Benny

Great review :thumbup:

Indexing it, as I write this.

How come You think the CTT is the AT-ATs predecessor?

Do you mean the motorized AT-AT or AT-AT's in general?

I think this is a great set and I am very fond of mine.

It's one of the few SW sets of mine that is on "parade" at all times.

Most are packed away in the attic.

KimT

[bTW it's not alone, the older version of the AT-AT is keeping it company]

Great review :thumbup:

Indexing it, as I write this.

How come You think the CTT is the AT-ATs predecessor?

Do you mean the motorized AT-AT or AT-AT's in general?

I think this is a great set and I am very fond of mine.

It's one of the few SW sets of mine that is on "parade" at all times.

Most are packed away in the attic.

KimT

[bTW it's not alone, the older version of the AT-AT is keeping it company]

The body looks exactly like it. :wink:

I mean by the Clone Turbo Tank turned into the AT-AT I think in the films. When they changed all there technology and vehicles when they became the Empire.

Nice review :thumbup: ! The "Driver/Pilot whatever you call him" ( :grin: ) 's helmet looks kind of odd, and why does :vader: have a long red pole instead of a kick-butt lightsaber?

As far as I know the AT-AT was a invention by General Veers himself?

Benny

i doubt that. the atat was used in the clone wars.

i doubt that. the atat was used in the clone wars.

Well you never know, maby Veers was around then, just because it was used in the clone wars dosent mean that Veers didn't design it.

to Wookiepedia!

Vader had a red pole because I think it makes him look bigger and in the films I doubt it is but I think his saber might be bigger.

I never got the set. It looked way to skinny. I came close to buying it for the figs but then decided not to. If you compared this one to the later one there is a big difference. This one just didnt seem proporshined with the legs and its body.

thank you for the review, Skipper. I never got this set because it was too expensive, and motorized. It completley reminded me of the old robotic toys called Zoids, or maybe even Gundum. At least the figs are great. A chrome lightsabe hilt for luke, ecxellent. and the pilot is cool too, and another snowie doesnt hurt. and i didnt even know about the commander guy (whatever you call him), so people could have made a custom DS this whole time?! thanks again! :thumbup: