Sign in to follow this  
Svelte

MOC: Agents Seabase of Dr. Inferno

indexed.gif

Background: In some ways this is a MOC-MOD of 4210 - I really liked the shape of the new Coastguard set, and felt Dr Inferno's cohorts deserved some kind of base prior to the launch of the official Volcano base, so this is what I came up with. Behold the Seabase of Dr Inferno! Join us as we explore a typical day in the life of the world's most wanted supervillain...

agentstitle.jpg

a-storytowerfrontnocraft.jpg

9am. All is quiet on the Seabase of Dr Inferno - an abandoned oil-rig converted by the world's leading anarchy-tects into the villainous lair of Dr Inferno. The seabase comes complete with cybernetically modified guard animals, heli-pad and laser turret - all the mod cons. After spending a depraved night working on a plot for world domination by removing all the vowels from every set of Scrabble ever produced, Dr Inferno is taking a leisurely stroll around the seabase.

a-landingarea.jpg

9.05am: An alert sounds on the empty landing pad - incoming vehicle!

a-craftlanded.jpg

9.10am: 'Megablocking MEGABLOCKS!' Dr Inferno shreiks as his personal jet craft lines with a surprise visitor. 'I can't believe I forgot my accountant is visiting today! Megablocking audits! Sometimes being the world's most succesful and filthy-rich sociopath has its downsides, but even I, the nefarious Dr Inferno, dare not defy the tax office!'

b-drinfernogreets.jpg

9.12am: Dr Inferno tries to change his expression from 'feral grin' to 'friendly smile', without much success.

b-accountantoverviewofmiddl.jpg

He goes to meet his visitor.

b-accountantarrives.jpg

9.14am:

Dr Inferno's accountant, Sam Sharp, greets his employer: 'Please don't kill me - I promise this will be over quickly!'

'It better be,' snarls Dr Inferno. 'I have a tennis lesson with Pussy Galore at 2.'

aquaraidertopview.jpg

Sam swallows his fear as he notes the presence of a previous intruder to the Seabase down amongst the depths - mechanically-modified sealife defend against prying eyes.

aquaraiderside.jpg

9.15am: They hop on the Seabase's travel platform and zip to the heart of the Seabase.

b-travelfirstshot.jpg

b-travelalongescalatorb.jpg

'I like what you've done with the place,' says Sam. 'Orange and black - it suits you. Where did you get the inspiration?'

Dr Inferno secretly fingers his luscious locks. 'It just came to me,' he replies casually. He doesn't feel the need to tell Sam that his design brief for the architects specifically included a 50-foot giant tower with rockets based on his own hairstyle.

c-cyborgcheryl.jpg

9.16am: The two arrive at the loading dock at the centre of the seabase.

'Meet my PA, Cindy Borg,' says Dr Inferno. 'Would you like a cocktail? Cindy was an early volunteer for one of my experiments. Her arm has been replaced with a full-service liquor nozzle. Makes her very *handy* around the place, hah hah.'

'Uh, thanks,' says Sam. A perfect whisky sour shoots from Cindy's wrist into Sam's glass.

'Spray ya later!' she winks as she dries her stump off with a towel and departs.

'Will do,' says Sam. Despite the missing limb, Cindy is kind of hot. Sam wonders if she her 'pour' function can be reversed to 'vacuum'.

Dr Inferno has better things to do than stand around and supervise. 'I'm off to test my laser turret - the 1,000 kills service warranty is coming up soon. Call me if you need anything.'

c-accountantinspects.jpg

9.25am: Finally left alone, Sam begins cataloguing the latest batch of riches which have arrived at the seabase. 'Two gold bars - check. Two cardboard boxes containing leaked prototype Lego 10188 Death Stars - check. Two cases of cooking oil collected from the pores of the endangered minke whale - check...' And on it goes. Dr Inferno's prize Persian, Mr Fluffybot, is unimpressed by all the activity.

c-welcomeaccountsman.jpg

9.30am: As Sam goes about his business, Dr Inferno admires the potent power of his thrusting laser cannon, its sleek lines and hard, potent barrel. He sees nothing psychologically odd about this at all.

g-laserturretaa.jpg

The laser cannon rotates 360 degrees horizontally, and the barrel can rotate approximately 90 degrees vertically.

g-laserturretinfr.jpg

g-laserturretcentre.jpg

g-laserturretdri.jpg

Dr Inferno sometimes like to climb on top and hum 'The Ride of the Valkyries'. Sssh - don't tell anyone :wink:

g-lightuplaserfunction.jpg

Laser comes with built-in light-up function!

11.02am. Meanwhile, elsewhere on the seabase.... It's time to feed the sharks!

Automated cyber-controlled Shark-O-Matic feeder in retracted position, hidden under the base.

u-sharkfeederretracted.jpg

The motorized arm unfurls to its full length. Breakfast is served!

u-sharkfeederside.jpg

u-sharkfeeder2.jpg

The hungry shark leaps up and devours its meal whole!

(Rumours that Dr Inferno sometimes uses the Shark-O-Matic to dispense with enemy agents are entirely true.)

u-sharkfeeder3.jpg

11.28am. Realising that he hasn't checked his hair for at least an hour and a half, Dr Inferno withdraws to the sanctity of his Hairbase.

towerfrontcloser.jpg

11.32am. The Hairbase is equipped with a variety of security devices. This biometric reader ensures that only 100% authorised personnel - and Cheryl, the cleaner, who only comes on Thursdays - are allowed into the control center.

m-bioma.jpg

11.34am. Dr Inferno presents only organic components of his body for inspection - his optical scan and thumbrint are required.

m-biometricscanner.jpg

Voila! The door opens.

m-doorsopen.jpg

What could possibly be hidden behind this barricade? A torture chamber? Fire-pit? A succession of deadly traps, each more complicated and fiendish than the last?

Actually, it's just reception. Cindy Borg doubles as Seabase Receptionist - the pay is good and the hours reasonable. Cindy's arm-nozzle doubles as a watering can for the flowers here too.

t-groundfloorreception.jpg

However the magazine by her side hides a deadly weapon.

guninthemagazine.jpg

Overall back view of the tower:

n-towerbehindview.jpg

11.40am. Dr Inferno arrives in his luxury pad on the second floor of the Hairbase. Swanky! Note the gold and marble floor tiles, tropical fish aquarium, letter tray for answering fan mail, and exotic and deadly flowering cactus. No expense spared! Dr Inferno is especially proud of his zebra-hide upholstered cocktail cabinet. Here he relaxes with Mr Fluffybot and sips on an olive martini. Note the hairbrush - but who is it for? Dr I or Mr Fluffybot?

t-loungwithinferno.jpg

With figs removed:

t-loungewithoutinferno.jpg

2.40pm. Three hours later, after an intensive grooming session - we won't go into detail about that here - Dr Inferno decides to review Seabase security.

He calls his minion Break Jaw on the top floor to make sure that all systems are running smoothly.

Sadly the tastes of Break Jaw are not as refined as those of Dr Inferno - look at that! Pizza and basketball! Tssk! :wacko:

t-topfloorsecurity.jpg

Each sculptured tuft of Dr Inferno's hair conceals a deadly missile.

t-topfloorwithmissiles.jpg

Another security feature can be seen here. Unbeknownst to his staff - and in defiance of every occupational health and safety law in existence - Dr Inferno has wired the whole infrastructure of the Seabase with explosives, remotely programmed to detonate at his command. The control box is on the far left.

strategicallyplacedtnt.jpg

You can also see some of the remains of previous agents who tried to infiltrate the base, tossed down here like the rubbish they are.

bathead.jpg

The Seabase also has a small dock with an escape hover-pod should Dr Inferno need to flee the enemy. Or any creditors. Which reminds him - what has Sam Sharp concluded about the state of Dr Inferno's finances?

v-dockarea.jpg

3.48pm. Seems that Sam Sharp has been getting along very well with Cindy Borg!

'Pour me another Shecks on the Beach, darlin',' slurs Sam.

z-gettingalong.jpg

3.55pm.

'Get away from her, you dolt!' screams Dr Inferno, snatching the cocktail glass from his employee's hand. 'And you' - he points his claw at Cindy - 'I'm docking your pay all the motor oil you've consumed greasing up this moron!'

Cindy Borg quickly flees.

Drunken Sam Sharp sways towards Dr Inferno.

'DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR!' bellows Dr Inferno, giving him a sharp slap across the noggin.

Sam Sharp clutches his head in pain. He doubles over in agony.

x-wigremoved.jpg

Or is it something else?

4.02pm. With an enormous RIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPP!, Sam's hair and skin peel away, revealing....

Agent Trace!

y-heldatgunpoint.jpg

The super-smooth agent has assumed the identity of Dr Inferno's mild-mannered accountant to infiltrate his operations, with 100% success. (Or 'win', as they say on the internets.)

'Locks like I've put a crimp in your style, Dr I,' winks Agent Trace, brandishing her pistols.

'You mad wench - never!' Dr Inferno makes a mad dash down the stairs of the dock to his escape hover-pod.

z-getaway.jpg

4.06pm. Only to find that someone is already occupying the craft.

z-pussyescapes.jpg

'Meow.' Mr Fluffybot waves a paw goodbye.

Agent Trace snaps on the handcuffs.

z-arrestedinferno.jpg

4.15pm. 'It's time to lock you up, Inferno,' drawls Agent Trace. 'The things you see in prison will make your hair curl.'

'Nothing could be worse than your puns,' spits Dr Inferno. 'Take me away.'

THE END FOR DR INFERNO....

...or is it? :wink:

And just one final shot of the whole base with Dr Inferno's plane on the heli-pad.

seabasefront.jpg

And just coz I really like this seaplant:

seaplantcrab.jpg

Design notes:

This is primarily an over-the-top playset to fit in with the Agents line. I'm not much of a vehicle designer so I left the 8635 jet alone - I think it's perfect as is, anyway :wub: Why reinvent the wheel? Kudos to the 4210 designers for their interesting usage of the bridge pieces - I have said before that in some ways Agents is like an evil version of Coast Guard :tongue: The photography is a bit all over the place as I rely on natural light and there's been little in Sydney recently - I like to think the shadows add a dramatic, noirish touch to the gripping events presented here :wink: And there we have it - my first large MOC for Eurobricks! Thanks!

Edited by TheBrickster

Fantastic stuff Svelte-corps! Loving the diamonds are forever feel of it. The Pussy galore reference was a very nice nod too.

love the way you've done it all, especially the "hair" at the top. ill comment further later but for now, fantastic work :cry_happy:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Wow! Fantasic base! great detail, and the story to go with it awsome! One querstion regarding the base, i'm guessing you painted the bridge peices, or were they from another set (Mars mission maybe?)

Wow! Fantasic base! great detail, and the story to go with it awsome! One querstion regarding the base, i'm guessing you painted the bridge peices, or were they from another set (Mars mission maybe?)

Bridge pieces are from the Exo-Force Sentai Fortress 7709 of 2006 :wink:

Wow, great work, svelte_corps! :wub:

An absolutely brilliant base you've made, I love it. I really like the whole feel to it, the hair tower is a great and imposing structure. The giant laser gun is really cool too, I love that it is able to be rotated and lights up. Also worth mentioning is that neat little moving platform that goes from the helipad to the platform, a very nice addition indeed. I'm really loving the hairbase, the camera, and eye/fingerprint scanner are great and the detailed interiors for each villain are very nice.

The comic is hilarious, I found the Shark-O-Matic and the gunslinging crab especially funny :laugh:

A fantastic MOC, svelte_corps, you should really be proud. It is very true to the Agents line, and I would most certainly buy this if if were a real set. :sweet:

That is just all kinds of awesome -- both the base and the story.

9.30am: As Sam goes about his business, Dr Inferno admires the potent power of his thrusting laser cannon, its sleek lines and hard, potent barrel. He sees nothing psychologically odd about this at all.

Hopefully Dr. Inferno's next guest to visit the Hairbase is his therapist. Sounds like he has some issues to work through ....

Hah, very nice and it's a funny comic! :classic::thumbup:

It looks like a real base for an evil villian, it couldn't be better. I really like those plants hanging upside down.

So this is the first Agents MOC? Are you going to make more?

The Hairbase? Does it have a haircraft hanger as well, where he keeps all his hairoplanes. :wink:

This is superb Svelte-corps. I browsed through this earlier on BS, and I have to say I somehow missed the hair design of the tower. No idea ho, but I did. :laugh:

It's OTT in just the right way, and fits in with the rest of the Agents line well. And it's always nice to see someone present a MOC in a somewhat tongue-in-cheek way. Nice work.

(Rumours that Dr Inferno sometimes uses the Shark-O-Matic to dispense with enemy agents are entirely true.)

Can. not. stop. Laughing.

(Or 'win', as they say on the internets.)

And That is what your creation is. :thumbup:

Hahaha, great. This base is awesome - it really mirrors the feel of the official sets, and there's a lot of detail. I love it. :thumbup:

Hey, so Dr. Inferno has a cat as well - Ogel actually had one in the very first Alpha Team comic in the lego mag, back in 2001. :classic:

Edited by Grevious

Hey, so Dr. Inferno has a cat as well - Ogel actually had one in the very first Alpha Team comic in the lego mag, back in 2001. :classic:

Hey, I remember that! Must be an evil megalomaniac thing.

Fantastic MOC, svelte_corps! I must say, I :wub: the rocket hair on the base. :laugh: It's funny. Overall, awesome is my only word. I could go on and on, but sadly I actually can't :angry: .

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for your all comments guys!

Matn, I do want to make more MOCs. I already have an idea for a smaller complement to this set... but I want to enter the Indy contest if I have time so probably not for a little while :classic: I look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!

Yovnocrat - The torso is available in a whole heap of sets - see here . Mine came from 9247 Community Workers.

Great job! I just love all of the details, especialy the main loor. It resembles the Rig very well! :thumbup:

Very nice moc! I really love the overall look of the set. The sea plant and the two rooms at the back of the command center are awesome! Also a very nice storyline to go with the moc!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Great set! Its fantastically built with an exquisite atention to detail. I like the oil rig/ control look the whole set has, this must have taken you days of planning or one sleepless inspired night :laugh:

I really can't wait to see what other sets you present because you are a truly talented builder. :wink:

Great set! Its fantastically built with an exquisite atention to detail. I like the oil rig/ control look the whole set has, this must have taken you days of planning or one sleepless inspired night :laugh:

I really can't wait to see what other sets you present because you are a truly talented builder. :wink:

Thanks for your kind words everyone!

Actually Belloq I built it over about a week - much to the detriment of my Indy Month contest entry - Nooooooo!

Credit to Batbrick's review of the Speed Racer set for alerting me to the cool aquarium sticker and Hinckley for reminding me of the zebra striped car doors - I especially like Dr Inferno's little chill out lounge.

:classic:

Credit to Batbrick's review of the Speed Racer set for alerting me to the cool aquarium sticker and Hinckley for reminding me of the zebra striped car doors - I especially like Dr Inferno's little chill out lounge.

Thanks, a didn't that one touch just lighten the whole thing up? :laugh:

Okay, here we go, in order of review:

Overall moc pic- The overall view is fantabulous, I love how it blends in perfectly with Dr.Inferno's colour scheme and other sets, yet still has its own touches. Despite all the cool things you've packed into it, it hasn't suffered overall in looks, great job there.

Vehicle Pad- I love this, great use of the orange exo-force beams, really looks appropriate for the rig. The addition of a chain, and dead Aquaraider hanging form a chain are the kind of touches that really make the entire moc so much better. The little gangway with ladder access to it looks really neat as well. My one criticism is that the plane dwarfs the landing pad a touch.

Deck- Love the details here. The gold bars and crates really look at home here in the evil base. I like the "Heart of Operations" directions you've taken with the place as opposed to serving a specific purpose like the Volcano Base with its laser. The couple of computers are good too, especially the one on the rotating plate. Again, the colour patterning is wonderful, love the orange/black 1x2 tyle pattern. The Dr.Inferno eye and thumbprint scanner is another one of these great touches, as is that awesome shark feeder. A simple design but boy does it look cool! Well done on including those oil barrels from the Speed Racer Final Grand Prix set too.

Below - Fantastic job on the seaweed here, it looks really effective. That seaplant you love is great too, your own design? The bits of technology, and more importantly, the explosive containers are another great touch, very Blofeld like. But why did you kill me? What did I ever do to you?

Erm, the Thrusting Laser Cannon - Its, er ,very suggestive :laugh: I love the design and quirkiness of it though, and while not as out there as the Volcano Base one, the name certainly makes up for it. Love the light up feature too.

The Hairbase: Wonderful, simply wonderful. Love the hair design at the top, though, being a building I would've like to see it more streamlined and less "rough". The look from the outside looks great, really helped by the choice of window pieces and simplicity in looks. The entrance is very nice, the jail cell doors are certainly a unique idea. And as cramped as it is, I love Cindy Borg's little office, with magazine (nice touch with the revolver by the way), letter, flowers and cute desk. The second floor is the best in my opinion, Dr.Inferno's room is wacky yet evil. Love the tiles on the floor and zebra cupboard, and the aquarium ( :wink:). The hairbruch I thought was hilarious (hair-lirous?), but with such a cramped room I'm wondering why he keeps a poisonous cactus in his room :wacko: At the top, although I believe the villain should always have the best view, this is a brilliant little station. The basketball and pizza are great, I can imagine his metal jaw eating both! And the missiles at the back of the hair is simply ingenious, I'd never though of that.

Hoverpod - This vehicle is awesome, reminds me of Blofeld's Bath-O-Sub in Diamonds are Forever, but better. The access dock is sweet, and I love the saw and spearguns at its front.

Story- Hilarious, love the bad puns and traitorous FluggyBot, and the Agent trace twist was one I totally didn't see coming!

Overall you should be no doubt very proud of yourself, do you plan on more Agents mocs?

Oh, and sorry for replying so late :blush:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Great storyline! This looks like it could really be an Agents set! :thumbup:

Sam wonders if she her 'pour' function can be reversed to 'vacuum'.

:laugh:

I also like the shark-feeding machine. Great work!