Svelte

Lego Death Star 10188 - Pics at last!

I see a new vader and palpy fig! I really want this, and hopefully I can get it. all though it probably is going to be super expensive.

It kinda reminds me of this one:

SW-DS-Auction.jpg

Funny, I was going to say the same thing...

COME ON TLC ! why did you have to do it again!! I couldn't afford the UCS MF and I definitely can't afford that one either... :cry_sad: I ate beans for 4 years just to get the UCS ISD and I'm not ready to do it again... No, I'm sur I won't... Bah who needs to eat anyway, that's so over-rated...

Just one thing though... I see there is at least one Imperial guard (it seems there are two on the side of the box, though) but where are they on the playset??? I can't find them anywhere. And what is that scene supposed to represent with the black 3PO stuck on some kind of rack and being tortured by that albino IG-88? At the top of the set. It doesn't ring any bell to me...

And why the black hands on palpatine?

Oh wow this is awesome! 21 minifigs! Thats's amazing! I'm not going to be able to afford anything after this.

Edited by Plural
please refrain from swearing or go to your local pub

There are actually 24. The pic of the figures does not show the other Stormtrooper, Death Star Trooper, or Imperial Guard.

$399.99 USD

274.99 GBP

3803 pieces

Scheduled for release in September, pre-orders are earlier than you think!!!!!

P.S. This set is for real, for all of the skeptics. This is not a joke!!!!!

Doing some calculation with the pounds, as there VAT and other taxes are included, it's probably gonna be €349.99 Which if it's tru sounds gnot so bad as I thought.

I like the look of it and there's plenty of figures but £279 for a 12+ playset :wacko:

Whilst parents may fork out a couple hundred quid on games consoles, I really can't see this under too many Christmas trees and a lot of AFOL's are put off by the price as well.

Afterall it's not quite as cool as a display of the UCS Falcon is it ????

Even I might have to think seriously about this one based on the price ( and you thought the Giant Castle Chess set was expensive) :sceptic:

I like the look of it and there's plenty of figures but £279 for a 12+ playset :wacko:

Whilst parents may fork out a couple hundred quid on games consoles, I really can't see this under too many Christmas trees

Completely agree, my parents are against Lego especially expensive sets, so If I want a set its with pocket money saved up, not as a present.

The pictures might be removed, but the damage to my economical situation has already been made. The price will translate into 4000kr. ($800) if LEGO keeps its pricing policy from all the other years, and the set it a must have for some of us :blush:

I wonder how well the garbage compacter will work. It doesn't seem very functional.

damn i was torn between this and the ucs falcon but screw it man i can display this and i have room for this big mean mutherhubber + 21 MINIFIGS!

Here we go, boys and girls. From the Lego cache:

Edit by Hinckley: pics removed by request of TLG.

Dear Lord, but it's huge. Who knows the price? I think I'm hallucinating that pic of the minifigs. I think we have a contender for set of the year.

lol fudging saved inb4 removed

I warned You earlier and still You post like this.

Stop it now!

KimT

kay sorry

what are we supposed to talk about then? aren't we supposed to chat about the set? <:(

Edited by part 2
annoying chatter

my parents are against Lego

That's the first time I find parents who are against it.

Pics removed, but still on FTBT ??? isn't it usualy the other way.

NAAAAAAAAAAAGH! That's amazing! Good job I saw the pics before they dissapeared.

Amazing, but, many people saying they are going to buy this must be either insane or very rich (or both!).

Gaaah... :oh:

I don't think that the TIE fighter is to scale though.

Duh... :tongue: I don't think the whole thing is to scale. :laugh:

:skull:

That's the first time I find parents who are against it.

Pics removed, but still on FBTB ??? isn't it usualy the other way.

Maybe I put it to roughly, they don't liking me buying it, but they do allow me;

and yeah it is usually FBTB that take it down due to their RtB policy.

I'm wondering if this is a nod to the Expanded Universe where IG-88 uploaded himself into the Death Star II computer, taking the weapon over just before the Alliance blew it up :tongue:

So was I! But then I noticed the black 3PO...

Couple Thoughts-

That TIE is adorable.

I spy a goofy gun!

I'm a bit unclear on this, how many actual stormies are there?

Council chamber, cool!

I think according to the top of the box there are 2 stormies not including Han and Luke in Stormie costumes.

Maybe I put it to roughly, they don't liking me buying it, but they do allow me;

and yeah it is usually FBTB that take it down due to their RtB policy.

But, since it has RtB, TLC may have given them some leeway.

Nevertheless TLG kindly asked us to remove the pics and so we did.

Wether FBTB will remove their pics or not, hasn't got anything to do with how or what we do here on EB.

Pics are gone and they'll stay so for now.

KimT

Yeah, I saw the pics on Flickr... And maaaaaaaaan does that thing look sweeeeeeeeet!

All those figs! All those iconic scenes! All in one set! Either I die, or my bank account does.

So. Effing. Hard. To. Resist. Buying. This. JEWEL!!!!!

(Do excuse me for the temporal state of reduced brain activity that caused my spelling and interpunction skills to plummet. But I think this set proves that God, Allah, Zeus and all other deities actually exist. :cry_happy: )

So far we've discussed:

1. the price 399USD estimate

2. the brick count 3803

3. the minifigs (24...yes..24)

and how little people can afford this set.

Further discussion is futile until the pics are back again.

KimT

The pictures are easy to find on Brickshelf in any case. This set looks quite awesome and I love how the rooms are spread out in all three dimensions. The rumored $400 USD price doesn't sound accurate though. That is getting close to the UCS Millenium Falcon, which is way bigger than this set. $150-200 seems more in line with its size and level of detail.

Nevertheless TLG kindly asked us to remove the pics and so we did.

Wether FBTB will remove their pics or not, hasn't got anything to do with how or what we do here on EB.

Pics are gone and they'll stay so for now.

KimT

I don't think they have any legal basis to demand that if you have not signed an NDA with them. (unless you just removed it out of your own choice)

I don't think they have any legal basis to demand that if you have not signed an NDA with them. (unless you just removed it out of your own choice)

Pretty much...we try not it infuriate LEGO over here...too much deino2.gif

The rumored $400 USD price doesn't sound accurate though. That is getting close to the UCS Millenium Falcon, which is way bigger than this set. $150-200 seems more in line with its size and level of detail.

Well with the piece-count where it is at 3803, plus the usual licensing mark-up and the HUGE number of Minifigs, I think $400 is pretty close if not right on target. I hope you're right though :wink:

Well with the piece-count where it is at 3803, plus the usual licensing mark-up and the HUGE number of Minifigs, I think $400 is pretty close if not right on target. I hope you're right though :wink:

Wow, it has 3803 pieces? :oh: That sort of makes sense then. I didn't think the piece count was anywhere near that high from the pictures. The model doesn't look very big at all.

Still, if I was going to buy one of these super expensive sets, I would rather spend a bit more and get the UCS Millennium Falcon instead (which I haven't gotten yet, mainly because I have no space to put it :tongue: ).

Edited by CP5670

We've got the clearance to repost these:

10188ds000.jpg

10188ds002.jpg

10188ds003.jpg

10188ds004.jpg

10188ds005.jpg

Enjoy and discussion reactivated :thumbup:

KimT[thanks to svelte_corps for the pics]