Svelte

Lego Death Star 10188 - Pics at last!

I really like the evil black c-3po!

I like the way 3 episodes have been combined into one play set!

I think my Lego rep said it was coming out in august. But i may be wrong.

Edited by legoman94

I hope The Death Star troopers will be in other less expensive sets same with other mini-figs from it also im going to try and build that TIE ADVANCED looks so cute :cry_happy:

MMMM DS TROOPERS ON!!!!!!!

TLC made the trash crusher and saves the world for destruction. Sweet new minifigs, too. I want new Vader. but that Emperor... how scary is he? Now if we just can have mon calmari cruiser, how lovely batltes can we have?

400?? Half a thousand dollars!?!? I can't afford it x_x. If i didn't have to count my money when buying food, I'd buy this set but it's out of my league. I love the set, it's a wonderful set even though it's not affordable.

20 minifigs x $5.00 on bricklink may be cheaper though if you don't need the death star or can mod one yourself. Lovely set though : )

Oh my god!!!

This is a wonderful set! I really hope that we will see more Death Star Troopers in other sets soon!

Great!! I cannot say how wonderful this set is! Finally a real playset and no other ship..

I read that the price will be 399 US $. Are you sure about this? The set seems to be big but 399$?

I cannot wait for the release day....

greetings Hendrik

*oh2* OMFG!!! :sing: This is... this is... DEATHSTARTASTIC!!! :wub:

It looks so much like a MOC that I initially thought it's fake, but apparently it's not! I am not a big fan of the OT, but this is definately the best (licensed) Lego set EVER! It has everything one could wish for in a set titled "Death Star Playset": All the scenes (It even has a torture room! :oh: ), all the minifigs (even IG-88, torture droid, black C-3PO, both stormie & non-stormie versions of Han & Luke, Ep 6 Luke; plus Chewie finally has a bowcaster and R2 finally has a silver dome!), all the details, and an apparently sturdy build. :cry_sad: That minimized TIE advanced is pretty cute too. :wink:

Unfortunately, I'll never be able to afford this piece of beauty :cry_sad: but, who knows, maybe if I'll be really, really nice for the rest of the year, Santa will make my wish come true! :grin:

Thanks heaps for the pics, Svelte Corps! :sweet: Can't wait for better ones!

I bet anybody who spent money on a holow UCS Death Star II is feeling pretty stupid right about now! :laugh:

Keep it up, TLG!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

First of all i must say, WOW that must be the most detailed thing i have ever seen! And the amount of figs it contains, that's really awesome. But i am also disappointed, where are the walls of it?! It's all open, and you can't close it. Or did i miss something?

OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST SET I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am dead sure! It tops even the 4483 AT-AT!

I must buy it and not just for the new Sig-Fig.^^

OMFG!!!! Great set!

Death Star 10188 = set of the year!!! :thumbup: A must buy!

It looks like I won't buy the Republic gunship (which looks like a very good set btw) to save money for this monster!!!! :hmpf_bad:

Has anyone seen on the first picture where stromie-han is coming out, if you ask me you can close that door!!!!

Best set ever!!!!!!!!

Ever!!!!

Oh bugger!

Now I can't buy the republic gunship.

Edited by THE-FORCE

OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST SET I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am dead sure! It tops even the 4483 AT-AT!

I must buy it and not just for the new Sig-Fig.^^

And what about set 10179?

HOLY MOLY !!

This looks... massive, and it includes so many details, like the interrogation droid and the dianoga! massive....

I hope the DS-wall-pieces are prints, since they use the same one over and over, the quality of the built is really

amazing, lots of detail and lots of clever art.

But 500

Edited by Zzz

The price is stunning but it doesn't actually bother me that much. USD$400 is only about $430AUD. Buy it from ebay, factor in USPS shipping, and it should only set us Aussies back about $550 max. You would be insane to consider buying this on Shop@Home if you're an Aussie.

Thats the whole thing hey! Why pay 800Aus if you can get it off ebay.....Lego and S@H need to look at their pricing for this set and realise that our dollar is about 95us cents not 50 us cents

"Suddenly i felt as if thousand's of wallets called out in agony only to be silenced" :sadnew::tongue:

I guess theres always bricklink to get me a DS trooper :cry_sad: it will probable be expensive..... :cry_sad::hmpf_bad: if the BARC Trooper is $20 AUSD on BRICKLINK im guessing the DS Trooper would be around that price :hmpf_bad:

Does anyone have HI-RES pics ? :sceptic:

Thanks for the awesome find! This is an amazing set, and a must have on my list. :thumbup:

Does anyone have any idea of a release date? I haven't read through all the replies sorry, but if anyone knows then please tell! The owner of my local Toyworld (also a mate) told me last week that he would be getting in a couple of "Death Stars" in late July, but I assume he was referring to the UCS set Death Star II rather than this one. He better not have been meaning this one, because I told him I didn't want one! :grin: I just don't want a useless grey blob, but I am very keen on this one, far more interesting! :sweet: (as a point of note, I also turned down the DS II because I was already committing myself t more Lego than I could afford. :wink: ).

I look forward to hearing more news! :sweet:

Thanks for the awesome find! This is an amazing set, and a must have on my list. :thumbup:

Does anyone have any idea of a release date? I haven't read through all the replies sorry, but if anyone knows then please tell! The owner of my local Toyworld (also a mate) told me last week that he would be getting in a couple of "Death Stars" in late July, but I assume he was referring to the UCS set Death Star II rather than this one. He better not have been meaning this one, because I told him I didn't want one! :grin: I just don't want a useless grey blob, but I am very keen on this one, far more interesting! :sweet: (as a point of note, I also turned down the DS II because I was already committing myself t more Lego than I could afford. :wink: ).

I look forward to hearing more news! :sweet:

Coming to Toyworld?! in Australia!!!!!!!!!! wow i hope it stays awhile and goes on sale :cry_happy:

Rumor has it that TLG is raising the prices on LEGO due to the massive drop the dollar has made in value.

I am not sure if this raise will hurt the rest of the world, but it will surely bring US pricing closer to European pricing.

This is a must have set and no I'll not even think about not buying other SW sets.

Maybe I could sell my firstborn as suggested earlier :wink:

KimT

EDIT: Mmmmm 24 minifigs - yehaaa :wub::wub::wub:

Sometimes I hate The Lego Group so much.

To think I wasn't going to get any Lego sets this year and was instead going to buy a Playstation 3.

But dang it they just have to bring the most awesome set I have every seen.

Suddenly my plans have changed.

I am so excited.

The minifigs, while I am not a fan of sets that spend more budget on figures than set design this has got it perfectly. Its so cute with the details like the tiny Tie Advanced. Although that cargo room underneath the Tie is so getting changed to have the mini Falcon inside it instead of a box and crane.