13 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Hi Everyone, Please note that this review was done back in 2006, so do forgive me if you happened to notice any dated comments.

Product: 6205 V-wing

Theme: Star Wars

No of pieces: 118

Release Date: Feburary 2006

RRP: SGD29.90/USD9.90

Availability: Lego Shop@Home, Target, Toys 'R' Us (US & Europe), Bricksworld (SG).

vw01.jpg

Rule the spaceways!

The sleek V-wing fighter can adapt to any situation! Position the wings and flaps in attack mode to protect Palpatine's shuttle from enemies. Or position the wings in flight mode to survey the area for intruders! Either way, the V-wing is ready to strike for the Republic.

• Includes Clone pilot and R4 droid.
  • Position wings in attack or flight mode!

Sorry to all for the delay, since this was supposed to be done 3 days ago. Anyway, to get on with it...

vw02.jpg

Quite a minimal amount of baggies for this set, as noticed. And the best thing is... no sticker sheet. Yippee!! :bounce:

vw03.jpg

The completed v-wing. Though not really a complaint, it would be nice if the entire astromech body was provided instead of only the head dome. :p

Of course, then it wouldn't be movie-accurate, since the Q7 series astro-mech is integrated with the starfighter. :lol:

vw04.jpg

vw05.jpg

He's definitely well-painted for a simple mini-fig. Since even the back is painted too. I have to assumed this is the same mini-fig provided for 7259 ARC-170 Starfighter too, since I don't have that set. Anyway, this mini-fig is much more accurate for this v-wing since his suit is rated against vacuum, while those in the arc-170 aren't . :p

vw06.jpg

One thing that's lacking is the instruments panel in the cockpit... it's totally non-existent here. I wonder what went wrong during the design stage.

vw07.jpg

vw08.jpg

vw09.jpg

vw10.jpg

Personally... this is the second most anticipated set for 2006, the first being the tie interceptor, for me. One thing is that there's no known release of the V-wing starfighter by hasbro, nor the other well-known brands. The other thing is that being a star wars vehicle collector, I would really loved to see a replica toy of the V-wing.

And the V-wing by the Lego Group does not disappoint... it's nearly movie-accurate, except for the cockpit transparisteel cover which could used some paint like the x-wing's.

Also, there's a permanent landing gear that quite neat, since it allows you to land the craft on uniform surfaces.

The s-foils on the other hand can be quite a pain to pose into flight position. Very difficult for the s-foils to remain symmetrical during play.

The "swoosh-able" or play factor of this product is quite good... just check out the pics for yourself... :D

vw11.jpg

*Crackle* General Skywalker, we have incoming!

vw12.jpg

vw13.jpg

vw14.jpg

To conclude, the v-wing starfighter would make a much better companion to the Eta-2 Actis Interceptor (Jedi Starfighter), than the arc-170. Coz the arc-170 seems more like a long-range bomber to me, than a snub-fighter. :p

And a final pic to show it at rest...

vw15.jpg

Comments (For 2008)

Just an updated pic to show my latest display on the clone wars

DSCF0001.jpg

Hmm... off the record, I do understand that sometimes, reviews by most tend to a certain set of guidelines like naming the set, and showing the boxed, and out of boxed pics, and of course, the grading portion. Regarding my review, I prefer not to grade any of the lego sets at all as far as possible, because to each, his/her own. My reasons to put up a review is not to belittle the efforts of TLG in coming out with these products nor to help them market them, but to show my appreciation and enjoyment of these products. I hope noone is offended by this, and would like to apologise for any misunderstanding that this may caused.

For those who do not understand the above paragraph, care not for it and Play On! Like Me :wacko:

Thanks for the detailed review valentin it had good picture quality and a nice little comic near the end. Although this is a slightly older set it still was a good one, I remmeber that I bought two of them to build up a small airforce for the Republic, and if I see another one I may buy it for use in the Starwars Comic game. Keep up the good work :classic: .

Thanks for another great review.

I remember getting a few V-Wings cheaper because the boxes had been crushed on their way to the store.

Not an "all-that" set, but still a fine parts pack with a decent design.

KimT

Valentin, great review! Nice to see you here in Eurobricks. :wink:

This fighter looks real neat. By the way, Bricksworld pricetag is still visible in your box-art. :tongue:

Great review! And what are the stands that you used? They look much better than the white bricks that I use. :hmpf_bad:

Oh, those stands were once CD-R spindles. It's from the container that can hold 100 CD-Rs.

Hi WhiteFang, can't deny that they were once my fav. hunts for lego, and yes, that price tag is a tad hard to remove.

Well, while am delighted at the V-wing, I still kinda wish it had come with a printed brick for its instruments panel.

Thanks for the review; I've always liked that one but haven't had a chance to get it. Now I'm sold- or the set will be sold- to me :grin: !

Hmmm i must rebuild my SW Ships [A-wing,JSF & V-wing just to name afew]

Nice review :thumbup:

This is probable one of my favourite SW ships i cant belive i broke it for pieces [Just to make small crap mocs] :sadnew:

Next time my friend comes over we will rebuild some of my SW ships [He always asks me if we can rebuild them so i finaly said yes :laugh: ]

Nice review, but I have to correct something for you:

One thing is that there's no known release of the V-wing starfighter by hasbro, nor the other well-known brands. The other thing is that being a star wars vehicle collector, I would really loved to see a replica toy of the V-wing.

This quote is wrong - here's a link to the Hasbro V-Wing photo archive over on Rebelscum.com

Nice review, but I have to correct something for you:

This quote is wrong - here's a link to the Hasbro V-Wing photo archive over on Rebelscum.com

And I have something to correct for you! :grin:

indexed.gif

Hi Everyone, Please note that this review was done back in 2006, so do forgive me if you happened to notice any dated comments.

The first sentence is your best buddy, my friend!

:wink:

Anyway, nice review! Love this set.

DSR

IMO, this set is the best SW set of 2006. Its cheap and sturdy for me its 9.8/10

yes I RECOMMEND this set it was my second star wars set ever and I MUST say it was a STUNNER for me :tongue::classic:

CommanderFox