Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Ghost Train Moonshine Still

Moonshine Still

Under the light of a full moon, good Ol' Hank's been experimenting with a rusty still, somewhere outside Grave Stone. The last brew was some really good stuff, but after drinking a cup or two with its eerie green glow, Hank didn't feel quite right. There's a howling in the air and it's not from the coyotes that seem to be drawn to the still. This is certainly a special batch, sure to set your soul on fire!

moonshinestill.jpg

Moonshine Still

Under the light of a full moon, good Ol' Hank's been experimenting with a rusty still, somewhere outside Grave Stone. The last brew was some really good stuff, but after drinking a cup or two with its eerie green glow, Hank didn't feel quite right. There's a howling in the air and it's not from the coyotes that seem to be drawn to the still. This is certainly a special batch, sure to set your soul on fire!

Well, that was certainly an unexpected left turn, but I love it. Great use of unusual parts in random configurations to give it that 'organized chaos' look of something thrown together with purpose. :thumbup:

I do have to wonder what the good Friar would say about setting souls on fire though. :wink:

TheBrickster that great, I love the disorganised and thrown together look of it, you’ve also managed to integrate the jug which I’ve always thought was hard to do if you didn’t want an actually jug in the scene

Wow, this is quite unexpected! You have make good use of many different parts, and whip up a very interesting set to match with your Gravestone. :sweet:

I certainly won't dare to find out what will be the stuff inside, that changed Ol' Hank in a fiery werewolf. :tongue:

I like how you have given some of it a glow. I like it becauses its different. Only one question whats the transparent red thing? :classic:

Although this doesn't fit 100 percently with the WW theme it's a great MOC, TheBrickster! :thumbup:

I really like the gloomy atmosphere, this strange installation and that werwolf minifig and the grey dog :thumbup: . And the story behind it is - like always - :oh: , too!

That would be a :wub: set if TLG releases something like that!

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Although this doesn't fit 100 percently with the WW theme it's a great MOC, TheBrickster! :thumbup:

Actually it fits perfectly with the theme, with all the famous bar memories of Wilde West many a person would make their own moonshine illegally, and sell it (or take it themselves!).

Fantastic moc TheBrickster, I certanily didn't see this coming. I love how the parts are used, especially the trans red jug. It really gives that cobbled together and homemade look. I love the story in this one too, great use of the werewolf fig. Do you use old brown or new brown in your mocs? I can't tell. Anyway, fantastic work!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

You've done it again Friar oops i mean The Brickster. Have to watch out next time there is a tithe! (Warning may cause unwanted facial growth lol)

I like the integration of weird shapes to pull off the look of the Still :thumbup:

Great little MOC set You've done there.

One thing puzzles me though, why is it "Ghost Train Moonshine Still" instead of "Grave Stone Moonshine Still"?

Nevertheless it's a fits the gloom and horror mood awesomely

KimT

I do have to wonder what the good Friar would say about setting souls on fire though. :wink:

A man's got to have some fun... :devil:

I love the disorganised and thrown together look of it, you’ve also managed to integrate the jug which I’ve always thought was hard to do if you didn’t want an actually jug in the scene

Thanks. I must say that I love the jug piece. I opened up one of the pirate 4+ sets just to use it. After several attempts to place it in different spots, the upside down "dripping jug" seemed to work the best.

Wow, this is quite unexpected! You have make good use of many different parts, and whip up a very interesting set to match with your Gravestone. :sweet:

Thanks WF. I'm not sure why some of you are saying "Unexpected" though. I've been building the Ghost Train collection for some time now and have had the images as part of my signature for a while. Do you mean the style, the use of the werewolf, or just the MOC of a still?

I like how you have given some of it a glow. I like it becauses its different. Only one question whats the transparent red thing? :classic:

I always like to add a little color. Yes, a red jug contained in set 7080.

Neat still, sure must be a good brew to accomplish that :grin:

A fool moon always helps.

As Batbrick mentioned KD, stills were quite common in some parts of the country, during the late 1800s. Don't ask me what made me think of building one, but it just sort of pieced together. I doubt Lego would ever make a still though - for the youngens and all.

Fantastic moc TheBrickster, I certanily didn't see this coming. I love how the parts are used, especially the trans red jug. It really gives that cobbled together and homemade look. I love the story in this one too, great use of the werewolf fig. Do you use old brown or new brown in your mocs? I can't tell. Anyway, fantastic work!

Thanks BB for your comments. I always value your reviews (as well as others above). As I mentioned above, I love the jug piece. This MOC uses all old brown. In fact, most of my brown is old brown, but I do have some of the red-brown from all the new sets. This particular MOC was intended to be a little humorous. I've been wanting to add a werewold to Grave Stone for some time, and just could never think of the right MOC to include him. After building theis still, I thought to myself, "now how could I tie in a werewold to the story"? MOON-Shine. Lupine. It worked out perfectly. I was hoping someone would pick up on the story.

You've done it again Friar oops i mean The Brickster. Have to watch out next time there is a tithe! (Warning may cause unwanted facial growth lol)

I have to uphold my reputation some how. - I'd hate to be type-casted as a holy man. All the bad guy parts were taken. :laugh:

Very nice, I like the use of parts. :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments Lt. Col. It's good to see you reviewing some of my Ghost Town collection.

Actually it fits perfectly with the theme, with all the famous bar memories of Wilde West many a person would make their own moonshine illegally, and sell it (or take it themselves!).
As Batbrick mentioned KD, stills were quite common in some parts of the country, during the late 1800s. Don't ask me what made me think of building one, but it just sort of pieced together. I doubt Lego would ever make a still though - for the youngens and all.

Excuse me - I didn't know that!

But nevertheless I already wrote that it is a great MOC, TheBrickster :wink: ! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Awesome MOC Brickster! But I have one favor to ask you, can you post the instructions on how to make this? and can you post a pic of the still alone without the werewolf and lights on the pieces?

Edited by Scyzoryk