KimT

2008 Picture thread

Wow, those are some sweet sets! Thanks hollisbrick! I got word from a Toyworld owner dragonator and I know of a Star Wars tank coming soon, I guess this was it! Awesome! I love those Clone vehicles, they're just so cool. :cry_happy:

~Peace

Eeeew yourself. :tongue:

Yes all licensed themes have skin-coloured minifigs. It's part of TLG's policy after being pestered by fans about Star Wars and Harry Potter being "out-of-touch" with reality as long as the minifigs were yellow. Does that answer your "eeew"? :classic:

KimT

Dude, minifigs are yellow. I've never liked LEGO's attempt at making them more realistic.

On a side note, I remember someone saying that the tank's frontal fins look stumpy... isn't that because the pages are folded?

Edited by Algernon

I think a Magna Guard is actually to fat to fit inside . But I am pretty sure there is a minifig under that grey panel! I hope a blue pilot droid or yellow commander. If there is there probably be some simple controls like in the AAT
Yeah maybe, maybe...there's a hidden droid If there's any fig (what I don't think) it'll be a battle droid, maybe a pilot. No magna guard tho, that wouldn't make sense. They are elite bodyguards not pilots of some droid gunship.

If the Droid Gunship have a minifig (A droid pilot as the most likely) it will be inaccurate to the one that we seen in the movies because according to wookiepedia the gunship is drived by a droid brain so if the TLC put a minifig on it probably will be a droid brain similar to the one we get in the TIE/d :wink: .

Yes but they could also put figures that walk on the ground like a battle droid or something. It dosent have to be in the ship.

Great, thanks for the pictures and news.

twlight is not a must have, and the rest i have to have lol

Edited by DoubleT

If the Droid Gunship have a minifig (A droid pilot as the most likely) it will be inaccurate to the one that we seen in the movies because according to wookiepedia the gunship is drived by a droid brain so if the TLC put a minifig on it probably will be a droid brain similar to the one we get in the TIE/d :wink: .

The droid gunship is a droid, it drives it self because it comes with no figs :wink:

And thanks sam for those pics! :thumbup: Man CW is becomming awsome! Love those new assaj lightsaber hilts as well!

If you look closely to the pics of the minifig in the boxes the clone troopers seem to carry a different or new blaster like a short rifle.

If you look closely to the pics of the minifig in the boxes the clone troopers seem to carry a different or new blaster like a short rifle.

If you're speaking of the Guns held by Commander Cody and Commander Rex, those are new Handguns for the Commanders to use, since revolvers never really fit in too well.

I have to admit, the CW sets are awesome indeed, but the Figs seem somewhat disappointing. :hmpf_bad: I like Asajj, Ahsoka, and Plo Koon, but the rest are so-so. I'm definitely buying the sets for the vehicles, not for the figs.

And I just realized, I never picked up a Jedi Starfighter W/ Hyperdrive Ring to get myself a Kit Fisto! Oh No!

This is my first post on eb.

I just loooove the HSD. awesome model, awesome figs........ :cry_happy::cry_happy::wub:

oh and people keep saying that the tx-130 looks stubby,well maybe a lil, but if you have not noticed the pic is distorted.

btw is it just me or is that a black super droid.

I just loooove the HSD. awesome model, awesome figs........ :cry_happy::cry_happy::wub:

oh and people keep saying that the tx-130 looks stubby,well maybe a lil, but if you have not noticed the pic is distorted.

yea, it looks stubby because it is in the middle where the two pages collide so it looks at bit weird.

btw welcome to EB! Why dont you introduce ur self in the My name is... thread :classic:

The more I look at the new SW sets the more I like them... shame I don't like licensed themes that much. :/

The construction is so good, though... I'm really impressed with all of these sets (besides the twilight, I don't know what they were smoking when they made that). The HSD is cool more for the fact that it's a HSD than it's construction, really, but it still looks good. Gunship is absolutely terrific. Just look at the head! That is some quality LEGO building.

"Fighter Tank" (stupid name lol) looks great too. I want all three of these, but I'll probably skip the CW sets. They look good but not worth their money. Besides, I've got Agents, Mars Mission, and the other SW sets to buy!

I'll admit, that does look a good bit darker than the Dark Pearl Grey ones from the battle packs or the HFD. I really hope they didn't switch to Pearl Black. It'll be the third time they switched the color of the SBD's, and for what reason? Meh, whatever. :hmpf_bad:

Yeah the RGS does look like it can hold more troops, I'm hoping. I was hoping the AT-TE could hold more but the inside just consists basically of 6 chairs, nevermind. If I have spare money I'll probably get the AT-TE anyway.

It's a shame there weren't many Phase 1 clones but like everyone else I'm hoping for a Battle pack then I can stock up on them too. I've still got my Ep 3 ones so it's still good. :classic:

hollisbrick can you ask someone at that store you got that catalogue from for the prices of the sets but if your too busy don't worry. I've gotten one of those catalogues too but earlier this year for when the rebel and stormtrooper battle packs were released. I asked for rough prices and they had rough ideas for most of them but it might be different I don't really know. I might be completely wrong but I don't know. If you don't have time don't bother.. Anyway Thanks for all those pics you've posted.

hollisbrick can you ask someone at that store you got that catalogue from for the prices of the sets but if your too busy don't worry. I've gotten one of those catalogues too but earlier this year for when the rebel and stormtrooper battle packs were released. I asked for rough prices and they had rough ideas for most of them but it might be different I don't really know. I might be completely wrong but I don't know. If you don't have time don't bother.. Anyway Thanks for all those pics you've posted.

I would, but im leacing to go to melbourne in about 12 hours and I wont be back til wednesday so you guys will have to go on with out me :tongue: cya guys then :classic: btw, are there any ebers that live there?

It's been generally known since the first Toy Fairs that the Commanders would have even newer dk. grey blaster pistols. :wink:

If you look at r2's head piece ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaminoan/2607092883/ ) Ull notice that it is grey.

A new emperor head and torso ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaminoan/2607093235/ ) Not likeing the head peice but lovin the torso.

As for the set im not sure i want it but the figures for me are a must have.

Yes, several members noticed that before, but notice 3PO's hands! They are flesh tone. Now look at the new pics from Brickworld: 3PO's hands are gold. I'm thinking R2's dome will also be white like usual. :wink:

Remember that the recent ones in the Droid Battle Pack and the Droid Army set were pearl grey? The angle of the shot makes it look black, but I doubt it would be a Cortosis Battle Droid. :wink:

The more I look at the new SW sets the more I like them... shame I don't like licensed themes that much. :/

The construction is so good, though... I'm really impressed with all of these sets (besides the twilight, I don't know what they were smoking when they made that). The HSD is cool more for the fact that it's a HSD than it's construction, really, but it still looks good. Gunship is absolutely terrific. Just look at the head! That is some quality LEGO building.

"Fighter Tank" (stupid name lol) looks great too. I want all three of these, but I'll probably skip the CW sets. They look good but not worth their money. Besides, I've got Agents, Mars Mission, and the other SW sets to buy!

Mr. negative! :tongue::wink: You should sell some of the Mars Mission stuff on EBay; it really has little play value as opposed to SW. :wink: Plus the line is a lot more <insert that tiresome argument>; don't forget those huge poofy black missiles. :tongue:

Mr. negative! :tongue::wink: You should sell some of the Mars Mission stuff on EBay; it really has little play value as opposed to SW. :wink: Plus the line is a lot more <insert that tiresome argument>; don't forget those huge poofy black missiles. :tongue:

The 08 Mars Mission wave takes priority over Star Wars in my book. It's more fun to make up your own universe than to play in someone else's, and Mars Mission has much more room for imagination.

But I still can't deny that the gunship looks awesome... plus look at all that Navy Blue!

The 08 Mars Mission wave takes priority over Star Wars in my book. It's more fun to make up your own universe than to play in someone else's, and Mars Mission has much more room for imagination.

But I still can't deny that the gunship looks awesome... plus look at all that Navy Blue!

Well, with the current public school education most kids are getting today it's no wonder SW is so popular... :tongue:

Yeah, the HMP looks great! I can think of several good uses for all that blue... :thumbup:

QUOTE (yovnocrats @ Jun 24 2008, 10:20 AM)

here's a question for ya. why do the clones (at least in the spider droid) have fleshtone heads under the helmets? is lego giving them all jango fett clone faces or something...?

This is what the clone trooper's heads will be like.

clone trooper head

I like these heads coz I can use one to make Jango Fett rather than use that old yellow one.

Edited by ADHO15

what stores do you get those catalogues?

Tx-130 atnk is an obvious must have. Are these still sorta preliminary?