KimT

2008 Picture thread

I am not one to typically complain about Lego sets. However, I was really hoping that we would receive a Luminara Unduli and a villain, like a Clone Wars version General Grievous , in the new Venator-class Star Destroyer. Now, it does appear that the Venator will include the Chancellor and the senate guard commandos. At the very least, I would like the commandos to have a face rather than the storm trooper style black head over their helmets. I do realize that these are preliminary pictures and we don’t know which sets will include these figures. But because of the recent picture and the information from ultraman, it certainly seems to be leaning that way.

Well looking at the pic I really start to like the new Senate Commandos but the only BIG dissapointment in the next Venator if the rumors are true is that the Palpy minifig is going to be CW :hmpf_bad::cry_sad: . I am OK with the release of certain characters in CW look, like Obi and Anakin and also I don´t care a lot for characters taht are not released in normal form but are just showed in the cartoon like Ahsoka and Asajj. I don´t care by Dooku that much in CW style cause the TLC released one normal in yellow (Even with this I still hope for a Geonosis Arena set with Dooku and Jango in it :cry_happy::laugh: ) but Palpatine is totally new and is CW style :cry_sad: . I would prefer by far a normal Palpy first but this one looks like his face gets desfigured even years before the battle with Mace :grin: . Still the commandos are good but I hope that the Venator include more than 5 minifigs cause such a big set will look empty with just 5 minifigs as crew :grin: .

so the rumours were true - the Venator will be coming with Palptine and Senate Guards, hope the rumour of just 5 figs was a mistake....

I cant believe a Venator would have two senate guards but only 2 other figures.....senate guards would be a cool, but odd choices....

...and I rather like the Clone Wars style minifigs, a lot of the early figs were very plain but the new ones have a bit of flair to them

so the rumours were true - the Venator will be coming with Palptine and Senate Guards, hope the rumour of just 5 figs was a mistake....

I cant believe a Venator would have two senate guards but only 2 other figures.....senate guards would be a cool, but odd choices....

...and I rather like the Clone Wars style minifigs, a lot of the early figs were very plain but the new ones have a bit of flair to them

Do you guys never read up on the previous pages :hmpf_bad::

I manage to see the pics from the traders catalog of the following sets and this is what I can describe about the figures in the set...

8039 Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser ™: At first I could not really make out who is that with the wavy hair and the 2 blue figures.... then I realised it is probably Chancellor Palpatine!! Plus the 2 senate guards (is that what they call them...) There will also be a clone trooper officer (I cannot see clearly who is that) and 1 clone trooper.

CopMike

CopMike

whats your problem?

That post says there are 2 senate guards, palptine, and two clones

5 figs - strangely enough, thats what I said...

CopMike

obviously not. :tongue: they either repeat the same news multiple times or totally make something up. even after you linked in your response about how purple is NOT being discontinued ppl still say it is...and saying TRANS_purple is excluded because it's part of the TRANS family, so only solid purple is discontinued. :laugh: i think this board might have a bunch of adhd kids! :hmpf:

Some new pics of the 8019 Republic Attack Shuttle :thumbup: :

Shuttle pics

This pics really make this set look beautiful :cry_happy: , now this seems like a must buy for me. Even first than the AAT :laugh: . Also I like how the colors are quite different from the common red and white :grin: . Also the the size is pretty good for this set (I know the actual one is triple the big of this one but I prefer to own this one like this than like a big $100 set :sweet: .

Found this:

(Could this be the tauntaun we're hoping for? and the one that I mistook the previous custom one for?)

post-101-1230474278.jpg

Found this:

(Could this be the tauntaun we're hoping for? and the one that I mistook the previous custom one for?)

Wow, where did you find that?

I've created a new topic on the 2009 sets.

Most of the sets in the first post here have been released and it's time to start over.

Go here for the new topic.

Merged the two 2008 rumor and picture topics into this huge one.

Have fun reading it :thumbup:

This was by far the best wave of the clone wars stuff

I wish they would have used those original clones pictured

Think your a bit late. (maybe a mod could lock this old thread, Dont think it needs to be used any more)

Though not to bump in and revive this old thread in spark of new conversation… I have to admit I did not notice they used old clone trooper molds for the preliminary box art of the V-19 Torrent Fighter & and the AT-TE sets in particular!

Hi Jedi Master, as stated in the forum guidelines (link) please can you refrain from 'bumping' old threads unless you've got something significant to add - this one is 8 years old! I've included the key section below. I'll lock this thread shortly - please feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss anything.

Posting, spam and off topic topics: Off topic posts can be great fun between friends, but they do run the risk of making a topic unreadable to other members. We ask you to try to stick to the thread topic. In most cases we are happy to leave this to your judgment, but we will step in if we feel you have gone too far. Posting in "old" topics is generally frowned on, but it's a complicated topic. Read here for more details on this. Remember: Eurobricks is a LEGO fan site, thus we want most topics here to be LEGO related. If you find you are posting mostly non-LEGO topics then maybe you have picked the wrong site. (Just to clarify, M%g^ Bl&ks aren't LEGO....)