Dragonator

Mystery Castle - Day 1

IMPORTANT: If you are not a participant in the game, then please do not post in the game. These threads are reserved for players only.

day_1_large.jpg

It is now the morning after the kings death, and the people of the castle are assembled in the grand hall. Lord Dragonator (pictured below) is not at all happy.

lord_dragonator-non_player.jpg

People of Dragons Keep, a terrible thing has occurred. Last night the king died under suspicious circumstances; I believe that there are traitors amongst us. It is up to you to discover who they are before it is too late. I will await your decision each day as to who you think should be executed. Nobody will leave the castle until either the traitors are caught and all killed, or until those of you who are loyal are defeated. Good luck to you all, and remember, trust nobody.

Dragonator turned and ascended the grand stairs, leaving the people of the keep in the hall to begin their discussions. Also left in the hall was Majiko the Wizard.

majiko_the_wizard-non_player.jpg

It appears that he knows what is going on, but will only occasionally help you, since he is crazy and all. It is up to you to solve the mystery and catch the traitors. The scene of the kings death is shown below:

p1050211.jpg

Please note that the fact he has a skull for a face is merely to show that he is dead. :tongue:

If you have any questions then feel free to send me a PM. The setting and rules for this game can be found in this thread. Please ensure that you have read them carefully and fully before you begin posting in the game. As a reminder the players and characters are as follows:

Characters: (in no particular order)

Lord Dragonator (non player)

Majiko the Wizard (non player)

Lord Martin

Mike (a servant)

Ernest the Chef

General Marcus

Michael (a soldier in the royal guard)

Lord Savril

Lord Ash

Lord Gary

Lady Suzanne

Grim (head of the royal guard)

General Spencer

Mary (a maid)

Paul (the cellar keeper)

Daniel (a young squire)

Rotrigous (kings advisor)

Calvin (a local fisherman)

Kyle (the castle torturer/executioner)

Lieutenant Byron (of the royal guard)

Friar Brown

Damien (a doctor and herbalist)

Fred (a soldier in the royal guard)

Players: (in no particular order)

1. Inertia

2. TinyPiesRUs

3. Hyphos

4. imperialshadows

5. WhiteFang

6. Lt. Veers

7. sdpirate - still to confirm

8. iamded

9. stash2sixx

10. I Scream Clone

11. Pencoin

12. Trexxen

13. Quarryman

14. Batbrick

15. Hinckley

16. AgentRick57

17. TheBrickster

18. KurttKrueger

19. Commanderbly42

20. Atoll Dweller

21. Flatfoot Thompson

Play to your best, the audience will be watching! And if you don't post, I might just be forced to have a little fun... :devil: ( :tongue: )

Good luck to you all, and may the best team win! :classic:

EDIT: And remember, don't edit your posts. And stick to all the other rules. And... ah I'll shut up now and let you get on with it. :tongue:

*signal fades...*

Edited by dragonator

Right, let's get straight into it...

Judging by the scene of the good king's death, it looks like he was poisoned to death. It is strange that he is wearing his crown to bed though, perhaps he was killed elsewhere and then put in bed to put us off. The food nearby and the dropped goblet does suggest that he was poisoned though, as well as the fact that there are no stab wounds or anything. Perhaps this means the chef or one of the servants or maids had a part in this?

... Or am I looking far too much into this? :blush::laugh: Nevertheless, it's a good place to start...

((I agree, Lets do this))

What about one of the generals or Lords, you're closer to the throne, be it far from me, a lowly houseservant to kill a kinng, why would a servant commit such an act of Regicide? But yes, it is obvious the good king was killed with poison, I wonder who had access to this type of poison, but who would choose to see to the food?

Yes, I also agree, the good king has been poisoned! Who could commit such a retched sin? I believe that the maid or whoever was to give him his tea in bed was not responsible, this is too obvious I think. Instead, it is my suspicion that the culprit might be a cook, or someone who could get his hands on the cup before it was to be sent to his majesty.

Yes, examining the scene is a good first step. What does it tell us?

First, he's in bed, but sitting up. He was clearly in the presence of someone he felt comfortable enough with to be seen in bed, but not comfortable enough to be without his crown. I think that tends to rule out the family and the higher members of his court, but definitely points a finger at the servants. Round up the servants!

Second, why was he eating in bed, and who brought him the food? Who made the food? Who controls the wine? Round up the servants AND the chef and cellar keeper!

Third, where did he get that Han Solo outfit, and why was he wearing his crown? Perhaps he was up to a little roleplay of his own? Question his mistress! Did he even have a mistress? Round up his mistress! Wait, he didn't have one. NEXT!

Fourth, who carefully removed all the skin from his head like that? We're obviously dealing with a demented killer who will stop at nothing to not only destroy his victim's life, but their body as well! I say to you, it's a madman! Round up Lord Dragonator, who explained that it just means he's dead. Whatever, those were the best lines I had for this little episode.

Fifth, why are we even assuming it's poison? Perhaps he was shot with a tiny dart from a blowpipe wielded by a crazed pygmie, or bitten by a snake, or he choked to death on a chicken bone. You know, it could happen. I remember this time when I was having the best fried chicken, I mean seriously, it was soooo good, and all of a sudden I knew I'd swallowed something I shouldn't have, but yet I didn't really swallow it, it was stuck, partway down, wedged in my throat, and I coughed and coughed, my eyes watering, my face turning red, and you'd have really thought it was going to kill me, but then, after a particularly hard cough, it just popped back out and I was fine, more or less. Well, maybe the king didn't cough hard enough. Would explain the spilled drink too, wouldn't it? Round up... um... snakes, pygmies, and blowpipes!

Sixth, though it really goes with fifth... What if someone intentionally raised a chicken that had particularly tricky bones, eventually planning to introduce it into the king's diet, almost certainly guaranteeing that he would choke to death?

I say, bring in all of the local chicken people! What do you call chicken people? Butchers? No, they just chop, they don't raise. Farmers? Chicken farmers! Round up the usual chicken farmers, I've got some questions for them!

Seventh, who has access to poison? The doctor! Oh ho, he isn't just a doctor, he's an herbalist too! Well that's awfully convenient, I bet he's got tons of nasty little bits to make your last supper all the less enjoyable. Round him up! Oh, he's here already? Fine, send him in, we'll be with him in a moment.

Seriously, this is horrible, we must find the killer before they strike again! Don't killers always strike again? They do in the shows I watch.

Let's get cracking, people, the game is afoot! Or at least some little wiggly toes that no longer wiggle because some crazed individual did in the poor king... :pir_bawling:

Gather up the clues everyone. Who could you done this to our King?

The fact that he is dead in his bed, and there is a high probability that the cause of it is due to an unexplained poison. Looking around, the food is still intact and untouched. And that narrow down to the gold goblet. It must be it. Gather the servants and the cooks whom have prepared this food? This is madness. How can our food tasting committee allow this tragic mishap to happen? They are supposed to make sure that the food is safe for our King's consumption.

The maid, The Chief, The Cellar Keeper. Gather everyone whom had touched and prepared the food! We must get to it.

Yes, I also agree, the good king has been poisoned! Who could commit such a retched sin? I believe that the maid or whoever was to give him his tea in bed was not responsible, this is too obvious I think. Instead, it is my suspicion that the culprit might be a cook, or someone who could get his hands on the cup before it was to be sent to his majesty.

Let's not jump to conclusions. The maid could well have been part of the murder. In fact, I think it would be just as obvious for the cook to have done it.

Yes, examining the scene is a good first step. What does it tell us?

Seriously, this is horrible, we must find the killer before they strike again! Don't killers always strike again? They do in the shows I watch.

Let's get cracking, people, the game is afoot! Or at least some little wiggly toes that no longer wiggle because some crazed individual did in the poor king... :pir_bawling:

Oh my, after an hour locked in the castle, an inhabitant has already gone insane! He does raise some fair points though - pygmies and dastardly chicken bones have been added to my list of suspicious castle inhabitants.

But yes, the doctor would be a good suspect. If it was poison that killed the great king, he must've had something to do with it, having access to the medicine and all...

((Who's who? would it be possible to obtain a list of which character is which User? I'm a bit confused))

I did not bring the King his food, that was the chef's job for the allocation of his majesty's food and normally Mike is the one to deliver it, I just clean the castle and it's chambers. I agree with the rest, surely the doctor is obviously the one with access to things such as Mandrake's root and Nightshade, the doctor is sure to know who did it, or did he do this himself?

((Who's who? would it be possible to obtain a list of which character is which User? I'm a bit confused))

I did not bring the King his food, that was the chef's job for the allocation of his majesty's food and normally Mike is the one to deliver it, I just clean the castle and it's chambers. I agree with the rest, surely the doctor is obviously the one with access to things such as Mandrake's root and Nightshade, the doctor is sure to know who did it, or did he do this himself?

(OOC: It is up to the players as to whether they wish to reveal who they are. To start with, nobody knows anyone else. However it is likely that as the game progresses your character will be discovered by another player, or it my be revealed some other way. It is for you to decide whether you want to let other people know who you are right from the start. There are obvious advantages and disadvantages to taking either option, so choose wisely people. :classic: Remember, people may know your character, but this does not mean they know your 'side' or 'role'.)

Majiko was slowly drifting off into sleep in the corner, unnoticed by the other people...

Truly, this is a ghastly occurrence. Starting with the obvious, the wine or food may have most likely been poisoned by one traitorous person in this room! Or perhaps the King meet his doom some other way.

The fact he still has his crown on, shows that his status was important with whom he last talked to....but still leaves a large no of possibilities.

There is much to ponder before this day is done.

I also did not touch the food, that's something that the servants do. And, he never drunk any of his wine! Look how it is all spilled onto the bed. Clearly it was the food that contained the poison. And as others have said, the doctor has access to all of the poisons. He would know exactly what to give someone to kill him. But also, we cannot rule out that it was stolen from the doctor. This is too fishy for me. :wacko:

Hi, I'm Hinckley. I seem to have been bumped on the head or something. I can't seem to remember any of you, but I must know you. We're locked in the castle because the King was murdered and one of us did it. Interesting. Did anyone notice that sleeping wizard in the corner?

Hi, I'm Hinckley. I seem to have been bumped on the head or something. I guess we all know eachother but I don't remember how I know any of you. The king seems to think one of us killed him. I know how I knew the King but I don't want to say quite yet. I suppose people are very suspicious and paranoid at this point and it might not be best to reveal our identities quite yet. I'm not sure why I feel that way, but I do. Maybe it's paranoia. :laugh: Did anyone notice that sleeping wizard in the corner?

Hi, I'm Hinckley. I seem to have been bumped on the head or something. Look! A sleeping wizard!

Hi, I'm Hinckley... Why are you all staring at me?

(OOC: Yes, I'm still here, thankfully - it seems it's healing somewhat, so I'll probably be able to stay here afterall ^.^)

Truly a tragic scene...with nothing else to go on, it seems we need to figure out which of the items the King had eaten poisoned him, and then if it was even poison at all. The wine actually looks suspiciously like blood; perhaps he was actually killed but the goblet was a clever cover-up?

Hmm... this is truly a terrible deed. I think that both the doctor and the cook are very suspicious. Maybe the doctor gave the chef poison to put in the king's food? Or maybe he was killed some other way? Why don't I remember any of you? I remember who I am.... Oh well.

Hmmm, I'm sure I saw movement in the corridors around the King's Quarters, but it wasn't the right time for the King's supper.

Who could it have been?

oh my goodness the king is dead this is , is , arh its too much for me to take in

who ever did this i will see them DEAD!

but it would be had to find them the king doesnt look like he was violently murdered

Hello Wizard. Are you a good wizard or a bad wizard? Does anyone else see this Wizard? Maybe I was konked on the head harder than I thought.

Hello, my name is Hinckley. I must have been hit on the head or something because I just don't feel right. :sick:

Hi, I'm Hinckley. I seem to have been bumped on the head or something... wait. What? Oh, I'm dead. iamded. Oh, okay then.

Oh woe, our poor king is dead! And we have not a clue as to how this happened! maybe that wizard could help us discern the cause of the king's death, so as to give us more of a hint as to who killed him.

Wizard! Wake up! Can you help us find out how the king died?

thats no good at all you should get the doctor to see to you, oh wait...

You know, that's a good plan! If the doctor kills Hinckley, I think we could take that as a clue!

Seriously though, where are the cook, celler keeper, servants and doctor? I think it's time they answered some questions!

*silently wonders if Hinckley is a special kind of talking doctor himself* :tongue:

We need to conduct an investigation immediately.

Where is the maid, the cook and the cellar keeper? They are the suspected ones whom have direct contact with the food and the wine. Of course, the food remains intact. It must have been the wine. Someone might have spiked the drink. We need to do some serious questioning around here.

Where is the doctor? We need the doctor to diagnose the cause of the death.

Yes, it is suspicious that none of them have spoken to us. Unless... they have and they haven't revealed themselves! :oh: maybe they would reveal themselves if we started to... My name is Calvin, and I am the local fisherman. There. Maybe people will be more careful revealing themselves now.

Where is the maid, the cook and the cellar keeper? They are the suspected ones whom have direct contact with the food and the wine.

Where is the doctor? We need the doctor to diagnose the cause of the death.

I don't see the maid having access, but Mike the servant definitely would. Now if the king had been killed by dusty curtains, then I'd say the maid did it. :tongue:

But yes, I do think we could use the doctor to diagnose the cause of death. Oh doctor, where are you? Funny he hasn't shown up when we need him most. Downright suspicious, if you ask me. :hmpf_bad: