erao

4 stud cars

indexed.gif V-LV-14C to V-LV-14F

Although most people would like 6 stud cars, but I still prefer 4-stud car to fit with my old city theme.

Here are some 4 stud vehicle creations. Enjoy!

Subaru Impreza

p4260615.jpg

M. Benz CLK-200

benz_clk.jpg

BMW mini-cooper

bmw_mini_cooper.jpg

Toyota AE-86

toyota_ae-86.jpg

Amazing! Even with only 4 studs wide and the therefore limited size and amunt of detail possible, these cars have a very strong resemblance to the real cars!

Well done! :thumbup:

Good work! Well done! I :thumbup: also prefer 4 wide cars! Indeed, they don't allow you to add many details because of their small size, but your cars are great nevertheless. Nice background pictures in combination with your LEGO cars, by the way!

I've been building a few minifig scale cars recently, although I've opted for five wide because I think it is more realistic. Anyway, I know the challenges involved in making cars this small look like a real vehicle- certainly if the real vehicle doesn't have styling that really stands out. To be frank I wouldn't have recognised the Impreza or the Mercedes. I wouldn't have recognised the Toyota either, but that's probably because I don't know the real car. The one that looks the most like the real deal is the Mini Cooper, with the white roof and the white stripes on the bonnet.

Cheers,

Ralph

My friend, you are a master of 4-wide cars. It's fairly hard to make realistic vehicles in that small scale, but your models are so well done that it doesn't mattter. Awesome job! :thumbup:

OMG those are amazing :wub: ! Seriously, those are awesome, especially the Toyota AE-86. A :thumbup::thumbup: from me!

I love the detail put into a four stud space. Also, it's great that you could fit the minifigs into such an enclosed area. Good work!

Great work on the cars! :thumbup:

They are very nicely detailed and have a cute look to them.

Great backgrounds! Were they done in photoshop?

What a fine work, they all look very good and original, I especially like the Mini and the Mercedes. :classic:

Thanks you all!

It's really difficult to add more details in this scale. It's funny when creating.

I like Ralph_S's vehicles very much, especially the red bus.

I'd like to do something like that in 4 stud scale, but have no idea about the automatic door. How does it work?

Your 4-studs car looks neat, and defintely suited for any road base plates, occupying one side of the lane.

The vehicle that interest me the most, was the AE 86 that is featured in Initial D. I love that vehicle very much. It looks mini-fig scale and is lovely too. And you even bother to do up a sticker of its trademark, which featured on the door. The Benz looks nice too. However, maybe for its symbol. You might want to made it outstanding. :wink:

Thanks you all!

It's really difficult to add more details in this scale. It's funny when creating.

I like Ralph_S's vehicles very much, especially the red bus.

I'd like to do something like that in 4 stud scale, but have no idea about the automatic door. How does it work?

I googled the Toyota AE86 to see what the real car looks like, and for a four wide vehicle yours is pretty amazing.

I build my trucks and the bus to fit with the current city trucks. I doubt that the door on my bus would look good on a four-wide vehicle, because it needs to be quite tall in order to fit. Since trucks and busses are wide than normal cars, perhaps you could consider making your six wide. hat would look good with a four wide car next to it. You can see some of the mechanism in this picture. It uses the minifig robot arm attached to a 1x1 brick with handle on one end and a 1x2 plate with handle on the other end. To make sure that the door can swing out far enough, the inside of the wall is hollowed out a bit using a cheese slope. I can probably make a clearer picture sometime later today.

Cheers,

Ralph

Great cars, I wouldn't mind having a few of these! Very smooth addition of the background too, at first I didn't even realise it wasn't Lego, it all blends in so nicely. :laugh:

~Peace

Great cars you have built Erao! I'm happy to see that you have made nice 4-stud cars, and beautiful ones!

Great work!

I especialy like the new Mini!

WOW I love the Subara especialy very nice work the Mercedes is good as well :thumbup::cry_happy:

I also like your other cars too like the super racer

Would you mind posting instructions and/or pieces that you used? [i will give credit to you] im thinking of making a police version of the subaru :cry_happy: if you could post instructions and/or pieces you used you can just pm them to me if you have the time to do it :sceptic:

My friend, you are a master of 4-wide cars. It's fairly hard to make realistic vehicles in that small scale, but your models are so well done that it doesn't mattter. Awesome job! :thumbup:

So true i've never seen so much detail in 4-wide cars i prefer 4-wide for my city but i struggle to make them look diffrent instead of the usual car with lots of <insert that tiresome argument> pieces

Edited by Darth_Legois_619