Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Indiana Jones Torso: Flesh/Yellow + Variation

Let me start by mentioning that I don't drink. That odd revelation comes for a reason.

When kill will requested this decal... well, here's the request itself:

Also, I'd like an indy decal. I know, it's the most common torso and the only dark brown one, but I would like it in yellow.

Reference pic: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=973pb131c01

I took the mention of dark brown to indicate that it was the jacket itself that he wanted yellow, as opposed to the more traditional conversion from fleshie to yellow that I'm fairly sure he intended. It didn't really matter, as I immediately decided to just do the torso in it's original form, then in yellow skin, then some variations including a yellow jacket.

Ok, stop laughing at me now, it isn't funny. :blush:

Seriously, I mean it. :angry:

Fine. Here's the results, including flesh, yellow, and dark flesh versions of the original, plus a couple of sand green jackets that look remarkably military in origin, maybe even MASH-like. I'm very happy with them. Maybe they'd be nice for the more relaxed Russian soldier, since it would mix in well with the rest. Oh, and a yellow jacket version. SHUT UP ALREADY! :skull:

indy_orig_fle.pngindy_orig_dkfle.png

indy_orig_yel.png

indy_sgrn_fle.pngindy_sgrn_yel.png

indy_yel_wht.png

So there you have it. Comments, suggestions, snarky jokes about yellow jackets, all welcomed! More or less. :tongue:

The more I look at it, the more I ... nah, not really. :sceptic:

All very nice. I love them all! :wub: Especially the sand green jacket. Great work here! :thumbup:

By the way, maybe your yellow jacket would go nice with a pair of these.

:laugh:

Just kidding. Your yellow jacket is just as nice as the others. :classic: It could be a raincoat!

Edited by darthperson8

You don't drink! Good, neither do I. Those are just like I wanted, thanks and very nice job.

Great work imperialshadows. Was a bit dubious at first on the concept of a yellow Indy jacket but as soon as I saw it I thought I need to make a minifig of the late great Freddie Mercury.

freddiemercury.jpeg

All I need is to get my printer to do decals properly!

You don't drink! Good, neither do I. Those are just like I wanted, thanks and very nice job.

Thanks, glad you like them!

Great work imperialshadows. Was a bit dubious at first on the concept of a yellow Indy jacket but as soon as I saw it I thought I need to make a minifig of the late great Freddie Mercury.

A very good idea!