Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

Batbrick's Gotham minifigs!

Hello EB, I'd like to share with you my recent attempts at customisation, which several members have swayed me towards. Here is a few Gotham players I've made:

Firefly, a pyromaniac villain of Batman. For those not of comic knowledge he uses a jetpack and thermal wings to fly above the flames he causes. I loved the look of the helmet I used as it looked buglike, and the torso looked a bit like a heatsuit.

firefly1.jpg

The wings are made out of a hard kind of paper, I'm really happy how he turned out:

Back view:

firefly2_.jpg

A generic Gotham Gangster. You may notice he has a grey fedora, one of my very first paint jobs. Fedoras have huge uses in the Batworld so having 8 brown ones wasn't necessary, and I came pretty dar close to a dark bley colour. I'm happy how the undershirt worked too, and the glasses face:

gothamgangster.jpg

Gotham prostitute. Yes, as the title so awkwardly says there is a prostitute :blush: Sorry if any are offended, but Gotham being Gotham I had to have atleast one. I'm uber glad how the Trixie torso and legs worked for her, combined with the Cruncher's driver head and Spalko hair:

gothamprostitute.jpg

Gotham SWAT team. Those who watch BTAS may notice the resemblance, as these are based off them. I love the rebel heads and dino attack torsos:

gothamswat.jpg

My other paintjob. Some of you may recall me wanting a purple fedora for Joker in the 08 line. Sadly there wasn't one, but I'm not one to give up, so here is my second painted fedora, which I'm very happy how the colour came out. Bud the hyena is next to him too, I hope to get the policeman impulse for a second dog to be Lou, the other hyena, or Ha-haciendas as Joker puts it :laugh:

jokerfedoraandbud.jpg

And of course Montoya, Bullock and Gordon form my Gotham Policestation:

montoya_bullock_gordon.jpg

Hope you enjoyed, thanks for looking, and comments appreciated! :sweet:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Those are some awesome customs Batbrick! :wub: Well done!

The painted fedora's look awesome! Although I really hate modifying Lego, that looks really nice, a may even be tempted to try it (or not, I'd have to at least get some extras :grin: ).

The prostitute was unexpected yet hilarious. :laugh: Trust you... :tongue:

The SWAT team looks nice, as does Firefly, fire is pretty! :oh:

The doughnut is a nice touch to Bullock. You've used some intersting pieces to portray the ideas in all these customs, and it works! Batman would be proud! :sweet:

Looking forward to more! :thumbup:

A cool work! These painted fedoras look really good, the gangster and Firefly´re great and the SWAT team and your

police crew look very neat too. :thumbup:

Sorry if any are offended, but Gotham being Gotham I had to have atleast one.

Yeah.... she already looks a little tired.... a pretty busy lady of the night I guess.... :tongue:

Great job! ) As always.... ) :wub:

I don't even knoe woh to comment here..... Everything is great! )

And you know what? :laugh: Today, I made just the same prostitute minifig! ))))) :grin: Exactly the same! ))))) :thumbup: Great minds indeed go together! ))))) :tongue:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

those are great! i love the doughnut for bullock and finaly a joker with fedora

Thanks brickbreaker, glad you like the donut! (long story)

Those are some awesome customs Batbrick! :wub: Well done!

The painted fedora's look awesome! Although I really hate modifying Lego, that looks really nice, a may even be tempted to try it (or not, I'd have to at least get some extras :grin: ).

Thanks dragonator, glad you like it. I have eight fedoras so modifying a couple didn't bother me. I hate modifying Lego though too, but trust me painting a piece works a charm! :sweet:

The prostitute was unexpected yet hilarious. :laugh: Trust you... :tongue:

Hehe, yes, it had to happen!

The SWAT team looks nice, as does Firefly, fire is pretty! :oh:

The doughnut is a nice touch to Bullock. You've used some intersting pieces to portray the ideas in all these customs, and it works! Batman would be proud! :sweet:

Looking forward to more! :thumbup:

Thanks, glad you like 'em!

I :wub: that black fedora!

Thanks, but....er....the fedora is black :laugh:

You did a nice job with joker's fedora, really! :wink:

What kind of paint did you use?

Thanks Bluebard, i have no idea what paint I used frankly, I just found some! :grin:

I have a pretty good knowledge of colours so mixing whites and peach with dark purple gave a good colour.

A cool work! These painted fedoras look really good, the gangster and Firefly´re great and the SWAT team and your

police crew look very neat too. :thumbup:

Thanks Asuka, I'm happy eveyone likes the fedoras for sure, thanks for the comment on the gangster and Firefly too.

Yeah.... she already looks a little tired.... a pretty busy lady of the night I guess.... :tongue:

:laugh:

Very amazing and good I live them especially the painted fedoras

Thanks Skipper!

Great job! ) As always.... ) :wub:

I don't even knoe woh to comment here..... Everything is great! )

And you know what? :laugh: Today, I made just the same prostitute minifig! ))))) :grin: Exactly the same! ))))) :thumbup: Great minds indeed go together! ))))) :tongue:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Appreciated friend, thanks. Exact same? Great minds do think alike!

Great job, I love them all, especially Burdock. :grin:

Thanks Zero, but i think you mean Bullock :wink:

Edited by Batbrick

Late to the thread again! :cry_sad:

Ah well, I'm here, and these look really cool! Firefly is really neat and looks very much like a picture I saw of him in google, which unfortunately I can't link here. The gangster looks great, that fedora is superb. :thumbup: The S.W.A.T people look really nice, although the colours seem a little strange (namely the brown), that's probably just because I haven't seen what they look like in BTAS. The, er, lady of the night looks very fitting too... :look::laugh:

The purple fedora on The Joker looks really great, very cool indeed! Those officers look very cool too, we saw them in your Gotham Station, didn't we?

~Peace

Late to the thread again! :cry_sad:

Ah well, I'm here, and these look really cool! Firefly is really neat and looks very much like a picture I saw of him in google, which unfortunately I can't link here. The gangster looks great, that fedora is superb. :thumbup: The S.W.A.T people look really nice, although the colours seem a little strange (namely the brown), that's probably just because I haven't seen what they look like in BTAS. The, er, lady of the night looks very fitting too... :look::laugh:

The purple fedora on The Joker looks really great, very cool indeed! Those officers look very cool too, we saw them in your Gotham Station, didn't we?

~Peace

Thanks iamded! Glad oyu think Firefly looks alright, thanks for looking for a pic too! Yes, the SWAT may seem strange , but they do appear like that in BTAS, very old style, I like it. Yes, we saw the officers in the station, I just wanted to post them again, thanks for your comments! :cry_happy:

That purple fedora looks amazing on the joker, nice paint job! :thumbup: The firefly is another of my favorites. Maybe for a purist version use geonosian wings. :look:

That Joker is great, with the head he reminds me so much of the Jack Nickolson Joker from the older Batman film. He looks freaking freaky!

Nice work on these! My personal favorite is the SWAT team. God, I loved it when they were called in. Spiderman and XMen had those generic, purple clad goons with plasma rifle things. Batman had a SWAT team that rushed out of an APC armed with Thompson/Sten gun hybrids.

huthut2lf6.jpg

"Look, up there! It's a butterfly!"

huthut3zg7.jpg

"KILL IT!"

(More Pics

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6141/huthut1wr8.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1917/huthut4gi2.jpg )

So yeah, great job and keep up the great work!

Looks very good.

I don't heard of everyone but, they are a nice addition to the batman line.

I love the Purple fedora.

I'll be honest, I'm not really a 'custom piece' fan. I don't doubt the skill needed to make them, and they're often fantastic, but it's just not my thing.

That said, on to the figs.

Firefly is quite nice, and the gangster and lady of the night are pretty good too. The SWAT team is just great, and the Gotham cops are probably as accurate as you're gonna get them. Joker looks fantastic in his fedora, and I see now why we both wanted one from TLC.

That purple fedora looks amazing on the joker, nice paint job! :thumbup: The firefly is another of my favorites. Maybe for a purist version use geonosian wings. :look:

Thanks kill will, glad to see the fedora getting such good reviews :cry_happy:

I don't know the geonosian wings, so I'm not sure, but thanks.

That Joker is great, with the head he reminds me so much of the Jack Nickolson Joker from the older Batman film. He looks freaking freaky!

Funny you should say that, most incarnations of the Joker wear a prple fedora at one stage, thanks!

Swat team is cool; not too crazy about those brown legs though.

Painted fedoras are great! Nice work! :thumbup:

If you see how they look in the show you'd know, but I appreciate your honesty. And once again the fedoras win!

Nice work on these! My personal favorite is the SWAT team. God, I loved it when they were called in. Spiderman and XMen had those generic, purple clad goons with plasma rifle things. Batman had a SWAT team that rushed out of an APC armed with Thompson/Sten gun hybrids.

So yeah, great job and keep up the great work!

Thanks Sir Norman Ray, glad to see someone who knows the show. Thanks or posting the pics, their legs look a bit silly paused but in movements these guys ruled.

Looks very good.

I don't heard of everyone but, they are a nice addition to the batman line.

I love the Purple fedora.

Thanks Wout, I'm hap at any comment aimed at the fedora! :grin:

I'll be honest, I'm not really a 'custom piece' fan. I don't doubt the skill needed to make them, and they're often fantastic, but it's just not my thing.

That said, on to the figs.

Firefly is quite nice, and the gangster and lady of the night are pretty good too. The SWAT team is just great, and the Gotham cops are probably as accurate as you're gonna get them. Joker looks fantastic in his fedora, and I see now why we both wanted one from TLC.

Thanks BB1. I'll be honest too, I'm not a huge fan of custom pieces either. Firefl's wings are likely to be as far as I go for now with custom pieces.

Gld you like the SWAT team, 'specially since you've seen them on BTAS. And once again, Joker Fedora ftw!

Wow can i say how impressed i am with that Joker fedora? Great Job Batbrick!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks, and see above comment regarding the fedora :laugh:

Should I just rename this thread "The Purple Fedora" now? Seriously, I want one. Of course, I want a fedora in every colour in the LEGO spectrum, including Fabuland Brown, but that's beside the point. Nice job!

Firefly. As someone mentioned, Geonosian wings might look more organic insect-y, but they're also ridiculously expensive considering they're the same thin plastic that LEGO makes some of their banners from (like the scorpion banners). The cheapest ones of Bricklink right now are $14.25 and they go up to $39.99. :hmpf:

bb30.gif

That said, I googled up some images of Firefly, but the best one was from a wiki page that no longer exists. It showed a thumbnail, but even that isn't properly linkable. Whatever the case, the wings were a dead ringer for:

sw127.gif

Here's a scan of that page of the instructions if you're interested.

Overall, very nice job. You know, if Trixie the working girl needs any coworkers, you could always dig up my old halter top decal thread. :grin:

Should I just rename this thread "The Purple Fedora" now? Seriously, I want one. Of course, I want a fedora in every colour in the LEGO spectrum, including Fabuland Brown, but that's beside the point. Nice job!

:laugh: , thanks, I might try other pices and colours after this success.

Firefly. As someone mentioned, Geonosian wings might look more organic insect-y, but they're also ridiculously expensive considering they're the same thin plastic that LEGO makes some of their banners from (like the scorpion banners). The cheapest ones of Bricklink right now are $14.25 and they go up to $39.99. :hmpf:

bb30.gif

:oh3: , to heck with that!

That said, I googled up some images of Firefly, but the best one was from a wiki page that no longer exists. It showed a thumbnail, but even that isn't properly linkable. Whatever the case, the wings were a dead ringer for:

sw127.gif

Here's a scan of that page of the instructions if you're interested.

Ah, this is much better, thanks a heap shadows. I'l definitely incorporate this, thanks :cry_happy:

Overall, very nice job. You know, if Trixie the working girl needs any coworkers, you could always dig up my old halter top decal thread. :grin:

Oh no! I'm not reading through that again! :tongue: