Sign in to follow this  
Oky

Glow-In-The-Dark Lightsabers

indexed.gif

I don't know why anybody else hasn't thought of this before (or at least hasn't posted anything about it), but here it is: the most obvious use of the glow-in-the-dark sticks from Tiny Turbo #8150 "ZX-Turbo"... Glow-In-The-Dark Lightsabers! :oh: They are way more practical than Light-Up-Lightsabers, but don't look as well at day-light; they just are this colorless, milky, not really transparent color. But it's just really cool to equip some of your SW figs on display with some of those and seeing them wield actually glowing sabers after you turn off the light in your room! :sweet:

Here are some pics of Yoda in different tones of darkness, holding a GITDLS.

2508314346_1e788ebb81_b.jpg

2508314388_75dd71bff9_b.jpg

2508314366_1213eb6291_b.jpg

And here are some pics of my Mustafar Duel Vig with GITDLSs!

2507510921_a486cf43d5_b.jpg

2507510929_4fb4d7749c_b.jpg

2507510935_38292fb2ee_b.jpg

Pretty sweet, huh? I think, I will update my Mustafar vig to feature a transparent floor with a Light-Brick underneath it so that the Lava can glow too! :sweet:

Any comments, ideas, or requests? :classic:

Edited by KimT

Awesome idea Oky Wan Kenobi the lightsabers look so cool with this glow-in-dark pieces :cry_happy: . I think this is a better way to make the lightsabers "glow" than the crappy light-up lightsabers. Thanks for the pics :wink:

Edited by darkrebellion

Actually in the thread that showed the first pic of the car we all knew what to do with them but your the first to take pics of it I think. Thanks. :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments, and thank you, Asuka, for the Lightsaber Sound Cookbook link! :sweet:

And, yes, Tiny Turbo #8150 "ZX-Turbo" is the only current set the GITDLSs come in, but I think there will be another Tiny Turbo with the set number 7613 that will have them too. :wink: This is the one I'm talking about:

7613.jpg

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I´m glad that it was interesting for you. Of course, there´s no real need for some extraordinary homebrewing if you can get your honey just for free.... :tongue:

I´m glad that it was interesting for you. Of course, there´s no real need for some extraordinary homebrewing if you can get your honey just for free.... :tongue:

Yes, I know those, thanks anyway, but sometimes those are not enough, you know! :wink:

ppl have started selling other color gitd ls blades on ebay. not sure how they do it...prob a home made version.

I love the idea i wish those were real lego parts i would get a ton! :oh:

They are real LEGO parts.

Edited by Plutofish08

They sure are.

Check here

Thanks for clearing that up, KimT. :thumbup: Some people just can't read. :hmpf:

Btw, could this be indexed? Or are the pics too big?

I think, I will update my Mustafar vig to feature a transparent floor with a Light-Brick underneath it so that the Lava can glow too! :sweet:

On a side note, I actually did that, and it looks awesome! When I get the time to figure out a good way to take pics of it, I'll post them. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Thanks for clearing that up, KimT. :thumbup: Some people just can't read. :hmpf:

Btw, could this be indexed? Or are the pics too big?

On a side note, I actually did that, and it looks awesome! When I get the time to figure out a good way to take pics of it, I'll post them. :wink:

you might want to check out the ebay link below. :sceptic:

click here

besides, the racer set came out in 2007 and hinckley already demo'ed the gitd effect with that set.

edit: click here -- found the front page news about the gitd LS blade...

edit 2: sorry OWK - thought it was a recent thread...but just noticed the may 08 date! lol... apologies.

I'll index this shortly.

Must have missed it when I reworked the indexes in the Star Wars forum.

As for picture size, I'll let you slip this time :tongue:

you might want to check out the ebay link below. :sceptic:

click here

besides, the racer set came out in 2007 and hinckley already demo'ed the gitd effect with that set.

edit: click here -- found the front page news about the gitd LS blade...

edit 2: sorry OWK - thought it was a recent thread...but just noticed the may 08 date! lol... apologies.

How was I supposed to remember that?! :hmpf:

:tongue:

Thanks for the ebay link, though. Those look really neat; I'd love to have some of those! :sweet:

I'll index this shortly.

Must have missed it when I reworked the indexes in the Star Wars forum.

As for picture size, I'll let you slip this time :tongue:

Cool, thanks! :classic:

I'm sorry, guys, but I'm very busy right now, so pics of the light-up Mustafar Vig will have to wait. :sad:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Indexed as a MOD, since it's some kind of modification to existing minifigs or something :grin:

Well... after this holiday season I'll be 100% broke. I'll need to start saving up, then I'll but 1000 of those! :laugh:

I never even knew those sets existed until now! Thanks again!

Edited by Darth Legolas