Shadows

POLL: "A Pirate's Life!" Voting Completed!

Pick Your Favourites!  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Impulse Class Set?

• Batbrick
    • BlueDog
    • dragonator
    • Dreamweb
    • Dufresne
    • Duke
    • dukeschunke
    • Erdbeereis1
    • Faramir
    • Fat Tony
    • FelixTheCat
    • Fluyt
    • hollisbrick
    • jamtf
    • jaudeau
    • Klaus-Dieter
    • LuxorV
    • Majek
    • Matn
    • oDDerFisken
    • oo7
    • phred
    • SirNadroj
    • Skipper24
    • Skullossus
    • SlyOwl
    • TinyPiesRUs
    • Vincent Cheung
    • WhiteFang
  2. 2. Which is the best Small Class Set?

• Dufresne
    • dukeschunke
    • Erdbeereis1
    • Fat Tony
    • hollisbrick
    • jaudeau
    • Legolas
    • LuxorV
    • Majek
    • phred
    • SirNadroj
    • Skipper24
    • Skullossus
    • SlyOwl
    • TinyPiesRUs
  3. 3. Which is the best Large Class Set?

• Axel
    • Dufresne
    • Duke
    • dukeschunke
    • Fat Tony
    • FelixTheCat
    • Fluyt
    • Jason
    • jaudeau
    • kaboom4
    • Majek
    • Matn
    • Nikola Bathory
    • phred
    • SirNadroj
    • Skipper24
    • SlyOwl
    • TinyPiesRUs
    • TQmaster500
    • Vadim

OMG! Thanks the one who voted my work! I feel I had won the contest............ :pir-tongue:

Frankly speaking, most of the entries are presenting excellent works! I feel so happy to recently join this great forum! :pir-sweet:

That are all great Pirates MOCs! :thumbup:

The vote was very difficult for me since one MOC is better than the other :sweet: - but then I voted for:

Impulse: Sir Nadroj

Small: Fat Tony

Big: jaudeau

Klaus-Dieter

SirNadroj, SirNadroj, Fat Tony.

I really hesitated between SirNadroj and Phred in the impulse class. I went with SirNadroj because it was definitly a great MOC in term of building technics, but I liked the original idea of Phred better.

Impulse: Dreamweb - Very innovative and creative set. Having a couple of Imperial training sets would be a great idea for small sets to build up an army quickly and get some great bricks. :thumbup:

Small: Legolas - Nice MOC cannon. I really like the idea of TLG releasing multiple calibers of cannons. I would like to see at least 1 other size of non-MOC Cannons in a new pirate theme.

Large: Duke (the one that's my brother) - I really wanted to vote for a ship or sailing vessel. What's a pirate theme without ships?!? So i voted for the ship i liked the most. good job duke!

Notice how i voted for the sets, and not the image quality. :pir-wink:

Although Sly Owl made really good sets, I voted for Fat Tony on all three occassions as I see his sets as most realistically 'to be produced' by LEGO, keeping into account the current parts LEGO uses, the current produced colours, and naturally the contents of each sets; from my point of view, in all three cases of Fat Tony's produced sets, LEGO can start production tomorrow. :)

Hi all

Doubt im gonna win but i hope i do please vote for me. I love everyones enterys and good luck all

My votes are:

Impulse:dragonator,because his entry would be a great army builder. :thumbup:

Small set:Majek,because I just like his entry. :pir-classic:

Large set:fat tony,because I just :pir-wub: the ship.

I voted for Vincent Cheung, Luxor V, and Fluyt. :thumbup:

Great job everyone. I wish I could have joined in, but unfortunately I don't really own any pirates. :pir-hmpf_bad:

There's so many good entries.. difficult to choose between! But in the end it was the jamtf for the impulse, slyowl in the small and jaudeau in the big entry. But as i said.. difficult decision!

Jaudeau's Large Class entry seems to be quite popular...

a00001.jpg

I can see why too. It definitely has that aura of a Classic set though I can't help but feel there's too much black. Perhaps the structure on the right could have been a darker shade of brown or gray.

Nonetheless it hits all the right spots design wise! :thumbup:

All the entries on the 3 categories are simply outstanding. It took me a long time to decide my final votes.

And I voted as the following, :pir-laugh:

Impulse: TinyPiesRUs (His impulse set consists of cannon, horse. It allows us to create different possibilites)

Small: SlyOwl (The small outpost simply looks great)

Big: SlyOwl (I love the ship very much, and I do hope TLC can release something like this in the future. It retains the charm of a typical runner)

Great contest! I will look forward to more of such contests in the future!

Lastly, I thank the members whom had cast a vote for me in this contest. I do not know whom to thanks personally. However, I am deeply apperciated for your kind votes. :pir-wub:

Edited by WhiteFang

I voted for Vincent Cheung, Luxor V, and Fluyt. :thumbup:

Great job everyone. I wish I could have joined in, but unfortunately I don't really own any pirates. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Wow! Thanks a lot!

I am really happy and satisfied to get some votes!!

My first vote was for Sir Nadroj and yes the chickens were the deciding factor on that one.

My next was the one that Dufresne made, I really enjoyed the soldier being roasted.

and lastly I voted for Jason, I thought the face made out of bricks was super cool.

Good luck to everyone. :thumbup:

I voted Batbrick for the Impulse one. It comes with heaps of foliage pieces, which is something I really want, an islander, which is awesome, and a chicken leg, pot and barrel which are all useful for Castle. And the golden idol is a great addition. :sweet:

SlyOwl got my vote for the medium set, packed with playability, great minifigs, an awesome little boat, and a cool little island. The cannon and chest full of coins is also a big bonus.

And lastly, Jason got my vote for the large class section. Some foliage for us, nice rock pieces, vines and a rope bridge, ah who am I kidding, the giant skull is the center piece of this set! I love skull sets. :devil::laugh:

Great entries everyone!

~Peace

My votes went to:

Impulse: Jaudeau - I just loved that idea for a set!

Small Set: Dufresne - I really like the idea of a cannibal tribal queen. :pir-wub:

Large Set: FelixTheCat - The island and storyline behind your entry really caught my attention! Good job.

I clicked with my eyes shut, so don't aske me what i voted :pir-grin:

So many great entries..good luck all! :thumbup:

PS: the winner of the impulse class should PM me their adress, so i can send the prize :pir-wink:

Ayzbak.

i agree with mr phes

That's nice. :pir-tongue: Um...what about?

My review:

Impulse Category:

Batbrick - Feels more like an Adventurers set, but great value for all that vegetation!

BlueDog - Very classical (reminds me of Skeleton Crew), although I would have liked a 2-armed skeleton with both arms white...

dragonator - A fine Imperial impulse - perhaps a few cannonballs?

Dreamweb - Great concept, although I would think the baseplate is a little large for an Impulse - maybe just a 6x6 with only one curved railing?

Dufrense - A fine entry, well balanced too. I'd have liked a cannon base (I know they don't come in yellow, but it could be incorporated into the terrain as sand/rock, and then used as a cannon in an alternate model) too. It would look great in the Aqua Raiders line.

Duke - This would be great as a modular set, whereby you can buy a "base kit" which comes with masts, a prow and stern, and then get individual sections like this one to vary the length of your ship.

dukeschunke - Very nice set, although another sail pointing forwards, like in Enchanted Island, would look better, in my opinion. Would I see a Jolly Roger if I looked at the sail from the other side? :pir-wink:

Erdbeereis 1 - Harr harr! Drink up me hearties, YO HO! Some food, maybe...

Faramir - No headdress or cape? :pir-cry_sad: Nom, nom, native animals! And reverse the feasting for double the fun - can the monkey and parrot eat Achu? :pir-laugh:

Fat Tony - I preferred your original, but this is great. A rectangular plate, although less aesthetic, would be better for MOCing.

FelixTheCat - Low playability, but hilarious :pir-grin:

Fluyt - Classical, thieving monkeys, pooping Imperials and steadfast parrots. Reverse that.

hollisbrick - Classical again, although it would look better with some more accessories on a plate - it looks a little odd for a set, although reallistic, to have chests built into the sand.

jamtf - Lovely collecting set, just the way Impulses should be - a minifig with accessories to expand the line.

jaudeau - Classic Imperial, very nice too. An animal?

Klaus-Dieter - Another well balanced entry, with plenty of tables too :thumbup:

LuxorV - Pequeno, even for an Impulse. Innovative rat, though :pir-wub:

Majek - Excellent! Well put together and a vast improvement on your original.

Matn - Reminds me of some of the older Castle and Town sets; a coffin could have worked well here, but superb all the same.

oDDerFisken - A fine update on classic Pirate sets - now we get a sail on those pathetic little rafts!

oo7 - Very nice, and the first time I've seen a banana in a Pirate set too. Nice legs, if not your own.

phres - Beautiful overall, although I feel a dog would fit in well, for some reason. I'm not sure about the Fabuland wheelbarrowmaphone though...

SirNadroj - Wouldn't it be nice to get a (live) chicken piece? Seperated hands = no go, although the rest is good, if peaceful. To war! :pir_mad:

Skipper24 - I'd love multiple versions of this set with different coloured sharks! And a nice telesope too.

SlyOwl - No votes, and deservedly so :pir-sing:

Skullossus - Very eerie, although black hands?

TinyPiesRUs - Well balanced, although I'm not a big fan of using reversible faces with hats that don't cover the back of the head...

Vincent Cheung - Very funny! The parrot reminds me of the chicken leg in Troll Assault Wagon, but I would have liked too have seen a slightly more developed bed - with sheets e.t.c.

WhiteFang - Great fire, big improvement of classical ones. Smoothly constructed.

So my vote goes too oo7, partly out of sympathy for his large class missing out, but also because it's great overall. :thumbup:

Small Category:

Dufrense - Very Islander-esque, and well constructed too - especially the boat!

Dukeschunke - Reminds me of something? Only better.

Erdbeereis 1 - Oh look, a banana :pir-blush: Looks more of a MOC than a set (bubbles in sea), but beautiful nevertheless.

Fat Tony - Great art work, great set, although I'm not too keen on the Pirate vs Ninja theme - no debate over who would win :pir-grin:

hollisbrick - Reminds me of the opening to POTC2 for some reason - very atmospheric, although Castelish...

jaudeau - Please put in a prison round the back! :pir-grin: Another one that reminds me of something...

Legolas - Fantastic army builder! A tree/pirate would have been nice too...

LuxorV - Jail from the outside, craftshop from the inside... Would go well with the Blacksmith's Shop

Majek - Looks like Adventurers, plays like Pirate! :pir-grin:

phred - UCS! UCS! :thumbup:

SirNadroj - If the crocodile mask is not a Fabuland head, but fits over a minifig head instead, you have my vote. You know where the drill is. :pir-laugh:

Skipper24 - The vegetation is a little odd, but worthy nonetheless! Monkey raft ON!

Skullossus - Dark, dark ship! Closest we'll ver get to a Black Pearl :pir-wink: Nice figurehead too.

SlyOwl - You're winning? Oh noes, Hinckey will be after you :pir-oh3:

TinyPiesRUs - Nice boat, although a few panel walls and plate rooves could really spice up the dock and balance out the set.

My vote goes to phred, as I would love to see a UCS line of Pirates - taverns and docks to the scale of the modular town buildings, ISD size ships...this is just the start, people! oo7's large class would fit in here too, with more detail in places.

Large Class:

Axle - Inconsistent, but fine sails and playability...

Dufrense - Great terrain using few pieces, and a giant whitehouse lighthouse - good transition from a square base to a circular one too :thumbup:

Duke - Looks more like a MOC - perhaps less concentration on landscaping and put in a small ship - the Pirate has lit a fire to be rescued, but it's an Imperial sail that appears on the horizon! :pir-sing:

Dukeschunke - Reminds me of something... A slightly shorter middle and this is perfect. No action features though? UCS!

Ton Fatty - The ship is great (rear sail?) but the island looks a little contrived - too boxy...

FelixTheCat - At last! Someone apart from Cap'n Greenbeard is eating Mr Tiber! Falling boulder too?

Fluyt - Reminiscent of the older Imperial sets, in places, and well constructed. That freestanding arch really gives the impression of a town behind the docks, and gives MOCing possibilities off the back.

Jason - I love this. Great use of the large skull. Could use an Imperial enemy, some more action features and a little more colour (use this baseplate?). Fantastic. Dwarf pirate too :pir-laugh:

jaudeau - Reminds me of the POTC rides at Disney - lots of detail and drinking and madcap angles give this a great feel. But I can just imagine brushing past this and all the flags e.t.c. falling off :pir-wink:

kaboom4 - Really a MOC, with too many minifigs - create a thread after voting has finished, please? :pir-sweet:

Majek - Like jaudeau's, madcap port action! Especially the skeleton on the roof :thumbup:

Matn - Nice colour scheme, if the building is a little blocky...nice collapsation...

Nikola Bathory - Another somewhat blocky build, but the box art wins you a cookie (something about it I just can't place my finger on...), as do the BSB windows.

phred - UCS! UCS! :thumbup:

SirNadroj - No wudder? :pir-cry_sad: And Fabuhats fall off? :pir-cry_sad: And really well made? :pir-cry_sad:

Skipper24 - Madcap action in the jungle. Pure madcap.

SlyOwl - Note to self: You're better off building sets in one afternoon (Small Class) than in a week (Large Class) :pir-hmpf_bad:

TinyPiesRUs - The crystal headdress wins you a cookie. Very TLC, although green baseplate?

TQmaster500 - Pure hugeness and multitude wins you a cookie. But the ship needs some work, as does the dock. The canoe with outrigger is nice, but needs a better sail :pir-classic:

Vadim - V is for Viking. Pirate nonetheless, and a UCS contender. All that brown :pir-wub:

So my vote goes to Jason - it's big, mean and a little Indy-esque, making it a superb resurrection of Piratism. And no longer will only Crownies be able to tower over the vertically challenged :pir-tongue:

And commiserations to oo7, who I would have voted for had he been here :pir-sad2:

Thanks to those who voted for me! :jollyroger:

Edited by SlyOwl

SlyOwl - Note to self: You're better off building sets in one afternoon (Small Class) than in a week (Large Class) :pir-hmpf_bad:

Hah, I noticed this too. My small entry has the most votes of any of my entries, and it's the one that took me the least amount of time to make! (Yes, it actually took me less time than my impulse entry.)

NOTICE

Voting will end in 24 hours. Vote now, or forever hold your bricks!

Winners will be announced on 6/1, via a dedicated thread and the newsletter.

:jollyroger: