Sign in to follow this  
medib

Ship-wrecked Island (Lego Factory MOC)

thindexedgif.gif 6C

I become a big, BIG fan of Lego Digital Designer, despite the fact they added new space elements

to their pallet and took some others away. :imperialguard_commander1:

Anywho, this is my first genuine attempt at trying to do some decent landscaping (even with a "small

scale" creation, less than 32 stud by 32 stud).

Without further ado:

shipwrecked1.jpg

I hope you like it.

Link to this item from Shop@Home

Peace out,

Ben M.

REALLY nice. Love the detail on the island, that nice shack and the multi-coloured "island" that has an interesting shape. The only critique is the use of those skull tiles. Sure, as a sign they would look cool. But on a building, I think it just looks too futuristic. A lantern maybe laddy? What's with the armour just floating in the background there? :pir-tongue: Trying to jack up the price eh? Joking.

You've done really well Medib! This is the first SYSTEM scale Pirate MOC I've seen created with the LEGO Digital Designer ! But would you actually call it a Pirate MOC? I notice you'd

described it as: "couple abandoned in middle of the ocean on an island... anything can and probably will happen"

You should have put: "a couple of pirates in middle of the ocean on an island..." :pir-tongue:

The spirit of the moc was supposed to be an island for a pirate game...

but towards the end of the "project", my silliness went overboard and

I added too many fun things (well things that would be grossly out of place

in a pirate era creation, like the man in the overall with green (exoforce hair)

and the man's wife wearing a space jumpsuit with a suit of armor (grey), and of course,

the skeleton with his black armor "floating away".

There also is a bunch of jewels "hanging" in the windows of the hut.

The couple can be seen if you download the creation to lego digital designer

and you turn the moc around using the arrow keys on the numeric keypad (secondary

arrows??)

Just thought I'd point that out. So yah, it WAS supposed to be a pirate MOC, it just

got majorly side-tracked towards the end.

:pir-sceptic:

Ben M.

I don't think your "side-tracking" removes it too far away from being a Pirate MOC.

Do you have the option to back and make changes?

There seems to be an ever increasing amount of bricks available from the last time i looked at Lego Factory.

I didn't know armor was available. :pir-oh:

I'm going to have to check out lego factory again.

I've added this MOC to The Land-Based Index.

Thanx for sharing medib.

lol i have made something similar to this... it my islander island! it also started off as an attempt at making an island for a game... evil steves...

any who heres a pic...

ldditpr1001.jpg

Were you pleased with the result Blockbeard? Or would you have liked to have built something different?

i would have loved to have built something entirely different to what i did. when i started out i was thinking mountains with a complex islander camp with many traps for unsuspecting pirates or pesky colonizing soldiers... my main reason for building it was the fact LDD now had two different shades of green to make a nice island with...

cough... i would prefer to pay SlOowl a great amount of money and get something decent, his islander habitats are unrivaled

it came out flat, with no traps and all it has is a fire and a very small look out. the only reason i kept it was i assumed this could be a small island just off the main one... something like a honey-moon island, perfect size for two...

i like Medib am a bit frustrated with LDD's change of bricks... more space stuff at the cost of large green bases and red roof tiles...

hope that answers your question

i would have loved to have built something entirely different to what i did. when i started out i was thinking mountains with a complex islander camp with many traps for unsuspecting pirates or pesky colonizing soldiers...

That sounds great! You ever considered building that out of real bricks one day?

That sounds great! You ever considered building that out of real bricks one day?

not too shabby...PegLeg!!! :pir-cry_happy:

Evil Steevie's!!! Arrrr... I miss playin it!

festpic042.jpg

festpic053.jpg

festpic054.jpg

:jollyroger:

just to have some fun, mateys!!!

medib.