metalandi

7726 Coast Guard Truck & 7737 Coast Guard 4WD Pictorial Review

index2.jpg

Allright, as i expected the new CG Sets arrived at my home yesterday, so i'm gonna do reviews of 2 of the smaller Sets (One of them isn't that small, tho). The other 2 big sets belong to Lord Santos. :tongue: Warning: There is a SHITLOAD of pictures!

And here we go!

Set Nr.: 7737

Name: Coast Guard 4WD

Number of minifigs: 1

Number of pieces: unknown

Release Year: 2008

First of all (surprise surprise..) the Box & Instructions:

Front:

dsc00133cx8.jpg

Back:

dsc00134tt1.jpg

Instructions:

dsc00136zm7.jpg

The Minifig (i love that torso):

dsc00158ws7.jpg

General Overview of the Set (notice the NEW tyres!):

dsc00138yk3.jpg

The Car alone:

dsc00140xn3.jpg

The trailer with the neat little Boat:

dsc00141tf4.jpg

The equiqment holder:

dsc00143to0.jpg

The boat alone, and i must say this is designed great, looks really like a little scooter:

dsc00144nr3.jpg

The trailer, nothing too special here:

dsc00145tj3.jpg

Summary: I just got that set, but i love it! I really like these new cars, cause they are much more real looking, except maybe of the missing doors, but that can be fixed with a little bit mocing in this case. If you see it, buy it. You won't be disappointed. That's all i can say!

We go on with the Coast Guard Truck, which is my absolutely Nr. 1 of the new sets. Let the Pictures speak for themselves!

Set Nr.: 7726

Name: Coast Guard Truck & Speedboat

Number of minifigs: 2

Number of pieces: unknown

Release Year: 2008

As could it be something different, first of all the box & instructions again:

Front:

dsc00131tc0.jpg

Back:

dsc00132dw7.jpg

We got 2 sets of instructions here, first one for the Boat & equipment thingy, second one for the rest:

dsc00137fl5.jpg

The minifigs:

dsc00159bb8.jpg

General overview:

dsc00146rb7.jpg

The truck & equipment thing alone:

dsc00147qa6.jpg

A different view of the truck:

dsc00149ax6.jpg

The first detail i really like at that set, the thing that holds the diving and kinda radar-equipment:

dsc00148vf3.jpg

The trailer with the boat on it:

dsc00150hw4.jpg

The trailer alone:

dsc00151hv6.jpg

..and the boat alone:

dsc00152dj6.jpg

Now that is something i think could have been made better, or say, put at least SOMETHING in it, the storage room in the stern of the boat. Though it's got plenty of room and you can put in anything you like:

dsc00155uj2.jpg

The next detail i love are the motors of the boat, the're really well-designed and you can even move them sideways or pull 'em up if they're not needed:

dsc00156ot9.jpg

The wench on the trailer to pull the boat on it or load it off to the water:

dsc00157pv8.jpg

And last but not least, the cockpit of the truck, nothing too special but i really like that the did put the black slope brick screen in it:

dsc00160pr0.jpg

That was it folks, quite a few pictures, huh?

Summary: Just one word: BUY. As i said this is my favourite of the new sets, and if i was i child i think i could play hours and hours with it, as it's got great plaability and isn't really fragile or something.

Hope you enjoyed the Review, LEGO City & Coast Guard on!

Thank you for those neat reviews, metalandi. :thumbup:

The CG line´s a really well made and charming theme for an old water rat like me.... :tongue:

The water scooter looks simply marvelous with the clever use of that .. of that .. um, what´s that for a piece on front...? :laugh:

Well, you know what I mean. The little buggy´s really well (I still want car doors! :sing: ) done, especially since it´s size

isn´t quite that big like with the other CG crafts.

And although that big truck´s indeed, ahem, big, I don´t mind at all. I just love that unimoginess of it.... well, that´s no

real word, nevermind.... :grin:

I like that cool approach to functionality and playability too with that nice winch for the trailer. And that huge zodiac rocks.

The only thing I desperately miss with these sets´re some new faces. Although I like them, I´m quite sick for some new ones!

New faces on! *huh* Hmm.... perhaps not exactly like that one anyways.... :look:

He he... I like ur review, I heard that the big rib is a new mold. Sweet!

I don't think I'll waste almost £10 (£7.99) on the 4WD though :sweet:

I had just grudgingly gotten used to 6-wide vehicles ... and now TLC comes out with 8-wide vehicles. Sigh. I'm not a fan of this overall enbiggening (to borrow a word from The Simpsons) of the Town vehicles.

The 4WD truck is terrific though. Love the truck, love the jet ski. Yeah, some car doors would have been nice, but what are you gonna do?

Thanks for the great review! The Coast Guard theme looks really nice overall. I dig the orange / blue color scheme.

Nice review metalandi, I'm doing the patrol boat...

PS: Can someone please tell me what is a Dynamic page in IMG tags???

Edited by Lord Santos

Thanks for this review, metalandi!

I'm very exited to put my hand on those sets! They looks really great! I especially like the colour scheme of those new CG!

I'm not as happy with the size of the truck, really too big for me! (I hate 8-wide vehicules :sick: ) But it's not really a matter, I will try to downsize it.

And the new torso seems to be really nice! It seems not to be as yellow as the head, it looks more orange with the two orange strips. I like this!

I have a problem, I cannot post any picture because it says:

"THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed"

Please! Help me ! I have to post a MOC and the pictures are already uploaded to brickshelf, put it on a post, but the the damn "THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed" appears...

HELP!!!

Thank you for your review, metalandi.

It didn´t change my opinion on those sets though. :laugh:

7737 is very neat and I´ll probably get it. Orange flippers!! :cry_happy:

7726 is way too big and I´ll skip that one like all the other 8wide trucks so far. :hmpf_bad:

But I have to agree with Asuka: The zodiac simply rocks! :wub:

Thanks for the reviews. :thumbup:

Man, I didn't realize that the Truck and Jetski set had NEW tires - yet another reason for me to buy it. :sweet:

The only thing I desperately miss with these sets´re some new faces. Although I like them, I´m quite sick for some new ones!

New faces on! Hmm.... perhaps not exactly like that one anyways....

I agree, but considering that for several decades we had a total of ONE kind of face (the classic smiley), I think we're pretty well off. :wink: Besides, I believe we HAVE gotten a couple different faces - I seem to remember that the 2007 Train station had a couple new variations on the new standard smiley face. Now, if only they would use them in other kits....

I had just grudgingly gotten used to 6-wide vehicles ... and now TLC comes out with 8-wide vehicles. Sigh. I'm not a fan of this overall enbiggening (to borrow a word from The Simpsons) of the Town vehicles.

I think that it's safe to say that standard vehicles like cars and trucks will never be 8 wide - it seems that the only kits that are 8 wide are giant construction vehicles and off road vehicles that you normally wouldn't see on the highway anyway. :tongue:

Thanks for the awesome review, metalandi! I love these new Coast Guard sets, mainly because they're realistic and packed with orange. :laugh: These are indeed two sweet sets, my favourite part is actually the little boat in the smaller set, it's built really well and looks fantastic. :classic: I'd pick up these sets if my money weren't devoted to the Castle theme. :tongue: Thanks again for the sweet review!

~Peace

I find it a little odd that these two sets are basically the same idea, a car with boat on trailer. Just different sized.

I feel like I'd only need to get the smaller one really, since it covers the concept...

Thanks for the reviews!! I like both kits. If I was to buy one, it would be the truck and large boat. I don't really want another 4WD / trailer combo in my city. I do however like the running boards on the 4WD, something I might incorporate into my fire 4WD.

Thanks Metallandi, great reviews.

For me the Truck and Boat (7726) are the best, the return of the mighty car door!! I really like this theme, the colours work really well for me. some great pieces in there to.

JB

I love the boats in both sets. How do these designers POSSIBLY put the perfect combination of bricks together to make a set? Well..... I have only done anything like it once. Look below in my signature. Those are my prized works of art. But still.... nothing compared to what these people make. But if you think about it, they have access to any pieces they want.